Would you like to see this?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Clone Voices

• Yeah Dude I love Clone Voices
    • Heck no I hate Clone Voices

So I have been tinkering with an idea as of late that I thought I would bring to the public as I'm curious what people would think about it.

Remember when you'd play DarkRP or TTT and some guy would type "Cheese" and you'd hear some weird thing like "Sometimes, I dream about cheese" well what if we got that but for Clone Wars?

What does not mean? Can I have an example, Aussie? well of course you can, for example when you type "Hi" You'd hear a clone say "Hi" or if you typed "for the republic" you'd hear a clone say "FOR THE REPUBLIC"

now obviously this isn't 100% needed but it would help those who wanted to RP a little more with Clone Voices it could be pretty neat and would benefit our non mic players. However this comes with it flaws, for example if a Jedi typed something like "Hello There" it would still have a clone voice, same goes for ECs or any other non-clone, which is way I've slowed my work on it.

Would you like to see something like this worked on and maybe with the consent of Execs, even added to the server?

Note: darkrp sounds like "I could eat a horse" or "Doctor Freeman!" would be removed and replaced by these sounds.

Also Note: these would be the voices of Dee Bradley Baker, as he has the most voice clips recorded. here are a few examples attached

SW02_VO_MP_Core_Republic_InWorld_HeavyAssault_B2.wav SW02_VO_MP_Core_Republic_InWorld_Officer_BattleCommand.wav iftherewasaclanker.wav hellothere.wav

• Like 2

Possbile to have cooldown, cause I don't have to do or be at briefing hear everyone using it. But sure the Staff can deal with it.

18 minutes ago, Andy said:

Possbile to have cooldown, cause I don't have to do or be at briefing hear everyone using it. But sure the Staff can deal with it.

perhaps even a PTS Command that mutes all under a certain ULX rank and they can only take under the request of PTS

The idea is really cool!

Maybe have a command so that staff can deactivate the quotes for briefing and other situations where it wont be needed?

I think this is a really cool idea. But one thing, which I think could be cool (but not necessarily doable) is that certain voice lines are played with an event happens, with a % happening. For instance, when a clone dies, there may be a 5% chance they will scream "Ahhhh" when they die, if the voice-line is not on cool-down. Or if a certain NPC fires (B2 with Rockets), the voice line "watch those wrist rockets" would play, with 5% chance of the voice line being triggered. 

Just an idea that sprung to mind. But tbh, this is something that I have not seen on other servers, and would definitely provide Gateway with something that is special and amazing if done right.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Khai said:

I think this is a really cool idea. But one thing, which I think could be cool (but not necessarily doable) is that certain voice lines are played with an event happens, with a % happening. For instance, when a clone dies, there may be a 5% chance they will scream "Ahhhh" when they die, if the voice-line is not on cool-down. Or if a certain NPC fires (B2 with Rockets), the voice line "watch those wrist rockets" would play, with 5% chance of the voice line being triggered. 

Just an idea that sprung to mind. But tbh, this is something that I have not seen on other servers, and would definitely provide Gateway with something that is special and amazing if done right.

you could just type "watch those wrist rockets" and it'll play

This would be a great idea, even if you could implement something permanent to the NPCs similar to SNPCs where they make droid-like noises.

I know @Aussi has made a clientside version similar to this before, but it'd be sick to see NPCs eventually being manipulated, and not just droids, even some pirates making ARGGGH noises when they die.

Overall, i'd love to see this implemented (clone noises) as it really made SBS feel more 'at home'.

• Like 2

I very much like the idea, but we'd want to put a cool down on it so we don't just have someone copy and pasting "For the Republic" constantly.

• Like 1

This is an extremely smart way to add immersion and even could be adapted to other things like event characters using them to further immerse people. Though these voice lines could be abused by minges if we add a cooldown or even a limit to the number of times a player can use them it would counteract that problem and put less strain on admins and moderators.