Hacketty

Hacketty's Trial Mod Application

Clone Wars Moderator Application Template

hroRjWk.png

Prerequisites:

Do you have Teamspeak 3 Installed?

Yes and I use it actively

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes I do, not only in Garry's Mod but in real life too.

Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes

Age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.): 

List your current playtime (Minimum of 80 Hours): (Click Here)

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes I am

Do you have any active warns?

No

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

No

Requirements:

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:67324904

Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/MrPcGamer/

Current in game alias / rank:

Lieutenant Commander (Bat Com) James Hacketty / Junior Clerk Irrum Valk

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

Judging from not only the 2019 Gateway Awards (I got 2nd place RP), but my experience I'd say a 8 or 9

How will you becoming a moderator make an impact on the community?

I've believe I would have a positive impact on the community, as I have moderated before and am used to settling disputes.

Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes, I can be completely unbaised.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

Yes I do. I am usually sitting in either the Republic Navy channel or a staff channel.

Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated?

Yes I do

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would move myself to an area outside of the map (for example: below the venator), check logs using /logs to make sure that the player is actually RDMing, and use !bring [NAME] to bring the player. I would then either freeze them with the pys-gun or using the command !jail [NAME] to stop him from shooting me. 

I would tell him the server rules and that he has breached them by insulting other players and engaging in random deathmatch. 

Then I would warn him: !warn [NAME] RDM | Player Disrespect.

If he disputes it, I would use /logs again to show evidence that he has done what he is accused of, and I would bring any players needed to show that he has in fact disrespected them. I would make sure to use !gag [NAME] to keep it civil.

Then, once all is proven, I would give another warn:
!warn [NAME] Player Disrespect | Refusing to listen to staff. 

Then I would unfreeze him and return him and any others who were brought to the sit.

2. A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

I would first go to an area outside the map, and use !bring [NAME] to bring the player. I would use !gag [NAME] him to stop the verbal abuse, and I would use /logs and bring any needed witnesses to provide evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. I would then give an additional warning for the ruckus he caused:

3. A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

Immediate !ban [NAME] 3d Threating DDoS and then I would pass it on up the staff chain of command, very serious threat and should be dealt with Senior Staff (getting steam id, etc.)

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would first !goto them and verify whether or not the arguement is IRP or not. If it is an RP arguement, I would just ask them to tone it down a little bit, don't want it to turn into a real one. If it is a real one, I would take them out of the DB to a secluded location with !bring [NAME], and remind them of the server rules. I'd ask them to keep it out of the debrief, and continue it in a TS or Discord if they must. If they continue to argue in public, I'd tell them to act their rank and give each a warning (unless one player specifically is keeping it going):

5. A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

At first I would give the cadet the benefit of the doubt, and type into chat "// I need a SGT+ to train a cadet. Someone volunteer or I will choose someone". If they still show no intent to RP, after being given a chance to get trained, I would !goto him and inform him that this is infact an RP server, and if he wishes to participate he will need to stop minging and complete the training. 

If he continues being a major minge and showing 0 intent to RP, I would !ban [NAME] 1d No intent to RP | Come back when you decide to RP.

Thanks for giving my application a read. Please leave feedback below if I need to improve. This is mainly going off my previous experience as a mod, and what I have observed from the Gateway Staff team and how they deal with things.

Edited by Hacketty
  • Like 6

Your application is easy on the eyes and formatted nicely. Your knowledge of ULX is used appropriately in each of the situations which is also good to see. You are a dedicated member of the community when it comes to the RP of the server which could positively transfer over to the staff team. Only thing I would suggest is getting yourself out there more on teamspeak, I'm not sure about others but I personally have never had a proper conversation with you.

Other than that, it's a +1 from me.

• Like 3

Your colouration of your application is simple and follows a nice colour-code. Your knowledge of ULX is displayed to be at a level which would allow you to properly deal with staff sits. I have seen you on the server quite regularly, however, (re-iteration what Vilkas has said) I have not had a real proper conversation with you. Hope in TS a bit more, chat to staff. It is a chance for us to get to know your character as well as for you to develop a positive relationship with the staff team. I have not seen or heard anything negative of your behaviour or attitude. 

Due to these reasons stated above, this will be a +1 from me.

Good luck on your application.

• Like 2

Yeah not much to say that hasn't already been said, you have show a good understanding for ULX and your situations are really easy to read. I personally don't know you as well as some others but seem like a pretty good guy and yeah seeing you in TS more would be great. 

For these reasons it's a +1 from me 

Edited by Minestorm
  • Like 2

I am going to rewrite my response as it clearly didn't get sent through for some reason.

I may be Biased, But Hacketty is one of the most by the book person I have ever met, He is fun yet not mingey, Serious yet not toxic. Hacketty has a good attitude towards roleplay and the server and I think he would be fit for the role, We certainly need more people with a similar attitude towards the server such as Coric and Yourself. +1

Edited by JamWay
  • Thinking 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

I havent spoken to Hacketty all that much but the times I have hes been extremely nice and helpful, and from what i've heard from others they feel the same. On top of that you have a well written application, showing understanding of ULX and that you're willing to put in the effort. +1

• Like 1

I have spoken to yoy Hacketty and you sound like a goody guy, you act professional no matter the issue and always strive to do your best. The only thing I would say is possibly add more onto the scernarios as multiple of times they don't always go the same way and to introduce a key to make it easier for us to read, But besides from that it is going to be a +1 from me good luck.
Sincerely,
Bobby

• Like 1

Nice work on the ULX and formatting of the application. 

You also seem very capable and with the opinions others have stated you seem to be an all-around friendly bloke.

Goodluck, +1.

• Like 2

Every experience I've had with Hacketty he's shown himself to be mature and have great potential for staff. It's an easy +1 from me

• Love 1

From my experience with Hacketty he has proven to be a capable and mature individual of the community who has provided us with an application that clearly demonstrates his satisfactory knowledge of moderation systems in place and a satisfactory judgement framework to properly exercise said systems +1

• Like 1

Nice use of colour and formatting on your application, I can tell by in game experiences personally that you take the server very seriously. You seem to be a very capable man and have the maturity I hope to see in every staff member. You have clearly demonstrated your knowledge for the moderator commands and systems in a very suitable way. Nothing more to say but good luck mate and its +1 one for me.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback fellas.

Just gonna update a few things, beause I seemingly cannot edit the main post any more.

My playtime is now 200+ hours, under two different names https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/45.121.211.150:27400/top_players/?query=Bork+Bork

I've been on the TS a lot more, in response to feedback, and have gotten to know a lot more people. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can improve upon.

Honestly Hacketty, you are one of the best roleplayers I have seen on GG, you have a passion for Navy and your hard work really does show. You seem like a very nice guy that doesn't mind a laugh.
As for the application itself, it is well written and very easy to read. Please take this +1. I feel like you'd make a great impact on the server as staff.

• Like 1

You have a solid any easy to read application, your colour format is easy on the eye and is understandable. From in game interactions I can tell you have actual interest within the staff team. +1.

• Like 1

You show clear capabilities to assert yourself as an authority figure that can be relied on. If given the staff rank not only would you approach situations with an unbiased mindset, but You would also use all the resources you would be given to achieve the most sensible and fair outcome. 

I think you would excel as a staff member

Mega +1

• Love 1

The bloke has shown excellence and diligence in various areas concerning ULX and dealing with diverse Roleplay scenarios. The bloke also has displayed determination, which can be seen evident through his devotion to colourisation of his application. Determination is an essential characteristic in which all moderators and administrators must have, as it signifies other attributes such as resilience in difficult situations. The bloke should be accepted. The bloke is a good bloke. The bloke deserves trial mod. The bloke is active. The bloke is capable. The bloke is motivated and prepared (otherwise he wouldn't send forward an application LOOKN AS THICC AS THAT GODDAYYUMM). The bloke is thicc. The bloke is cool. The bloke has experience. The bloke is active (both sexually and in gmod-dont ask me how i know). The bloke is a bloke

Regards

Bloke 

++++++++100000 YESSIRRRRR

• Dumb 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

While I can’t necessarily discern your personality given I haven’t actually had the chance to chat to you yet, I can definitely see you’re a dedicated member of the community given the overwhelming support you’ve gather on your application and having seen you around from time-to-time, I can definitely see you’d be an ample candidate to become a moderator, +1.

I’d love to have a chat some time in the future, feel free to give me a shout next time you’re on team speak.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ajax said:

While I can’t necessarily discern your personality given I haven’t actually had the chance to chat to you yet, I can definitely see you’re a dedicated member of the community given the overwhelming support you’ve gather on your application and having seen you around from time-to-time, I can definitely see you’d be an ample candidate to become a moderator, +1.

I’d love to have a chat some time in the future, feel free to give me a shout next time you’re on team speak.

Thanks mate.

My mic recently just stopped working with TS, so I haven't been on much. Once I finish fixing it I'll be sure to hop on and have a chat