Sign in to follow this  
Servius

TFA Weapons Overhaul [ STATS DISCUSSION ]

Steam Name: 
Steam Link: 
In Game Reminet/Group Affected: 
Name Of Gun: 
Copy to Clipboard of Gun(ask staff to help with this if you cant get it yourself): 
What the stats need to be(Please reference the stats that they used before the update):

Please post below any issues with the stats of your kit using the above format. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Steam Name: [GG] A Wild Australian
Steam Link: STEAM_0:1:79609498
In Game Reminet/Group Affected: Republic Shotgun Wielders (personally am in CG Reaction Company)
Name Of Gun: Republic Shotgun
Copy to Clipboard of Gun: tfa_sw_repshot
What the stats need to be: 
     DMG: 20 - 7 Shots / 140dmg (Currently at 35x5 or 175dmg)

Primary Spread (Scoped / Iron Sight): 0.06 

Vertical and Horizontal Recoil: 0.2

Hip Fire Accuracy: 0.07

RPM: 105 

(Stats from Aussie) 

IMO, the spread / accuracy needs to be the old version, currently in game the weapon is almost unusable at close range. I like how you shoot less, but with more damage, but could be scaled back to 30x5. RPM I do not believe needs changing, considering the new stats are 120, would make the weapon more appealing as a kit item and to breach with, without making it broken or too strong. 

Thanks Servius ❤️❤️ 

• Like 1

Steam Name: Centurion
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/centurion9205/
Group Affected: 2LT+
Name of Gun: Dual DC-17
Clipboard: tfa_sw_dc17dual
Only change I ask for an increase in the firerate as before the update it woud shoot once every time you pressed left mouse button. Maybe 400 RPM.

Thanks.

Edited by Centurion
  • Like 1

Steam Name: BuckYou
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/BuckYou_/
In Game Reminet/Group Affected:  Snipers/Marksmans of the server
Name Of Gun: Firepuncher
Copy to Clipboard of Gun(ask staff to help with this if you cant get it yourself):  servius_crosshairrifle
What the stats need to be(Please reference the stats that they used before the update): 250-300 damage on impact, 15% damage on Area Damage

gmod_2020-02-13_22-40-44.png.832cf53ba2752409c334a8cb3713836c.pnggmod_2020-02-13_22-40-41.png.5f53edb18a31b4576b882161ad5c62fc.pnggmod_2020-02-13_22-37-07.png.7a15ea28d27b740e12da07f80a802eb7.png

This is literally fried amounts of damage for a sniper.
> 600 DMG with a Area of Effect (Medium AOE) without damage dropoff. You can invade geonosis with the firepuncher with green tibana gas

Edited by Buck :)

@Buck :)Like front line regiments with grenades the users with the 773 firepuncher are just as subject to explosive rules. If yall are abusing its use, I would remind everyone that players are just as capable of restricting the use of OP equipment. It's supposed to be a last possible use case attachment, not a use it when they have 40 droids. Ill definetly nerf it but it shouldn't be a problem if Commanders actually take restricting their own equipment seriously. No offense to the commanders of course, I just mean that as players yall can take the initiative as well, at least until a patch for the 773 firepuncher is issued. Currently focusing on the broader spectrum of borked guns. 

Edited by Servius
making myself less mean.

@Servius the problem with restricing this and the comparison you made have very large differences. Thermal detonators can't kill b2's with one throw. They would need multiple to kill even a group of 4-6 b2's

The firepuncher has a mag of 25 shots, 10 of them (2 shots because they take 5 per shot) can eliminate a group of 25 B2 droids in less than 3 seconds. 

I guess as a temporary fix it would suffice, but this definitely needs a fix before EMs get angery from spawning a group of NPCs and coming back 10 seconds later to see it all disappear because a guy with a 600dmg sniper can kill them all while he's snoozing.

Either way, you're doing a great job with the new guns. Take your time on finishing them off. Thanks fellow gamer servius

• Shocker 1

When overhauling the weapons, why not maintain the stats that were already relatively balanced and understood and just update sounds, design etc etc? Would fix a lot of the issues that players are encountering at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Shocker 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Buck 🙂 said:

I guess as a temporary fix it would suffice, but this definitely needs a fix before EMs get angery from spawning a group of NPCs and coming back 10 seconds later to see it all disappear because a guy with a 600dmg sniper can kill them all while he's snoozing.

Look Whos Talking Now Reaction GIF

@Nexoit the overhaul started with the code and base itself. The server transitioned from the TFA SV Base to the TFA Redux Base. The difference between the two being simple: SV Base = Iphone 3 while the Redux base is akin to an Iphone 12.

The weapons themselves are not the same guns that yall used before the transition as their code was, for the most part, out of date and no longer compatible with the Redux base. The new guns had been on the workshop for three or so years and (unlike the guns previously present on the server) were not designed for GG use. They also hadnt aged very well as I had neglected them for about a year leading up to the transition. The only reason the transition has been a bit choppy is because I can only update so much in a day. 

With that said, I am using the old weapons stats as a reference for what the stats will be when I go through and update things. A good %40 of them are already ready to go and live on both the server and workshop(meaning you can test them ingame and provide feedback). SeNNoX just finished fixing the Z6 rotary blaster and as time passes the attachments should get better. It is also necessary to mention that the introduction of attachments creates a completely different dynamic for balancing as a single attachment has the potential to impact literally every aspect of a weapon. For example, the clip expansion attachment on the DC-15s increases clip size from 35->50 but also reduces movement speed. 

Edited by Servius
  • Like 5

Just now, Servius said:

@Nexoit the overhaul started with the code and base itself. The server transitioned from the TFA SV Base to the TFA Redux Base. The difference between the two being simple: SV Base = Iphone 3 while the Redux base is akin to an Iphone 12.

The weapons themselves are not the same guns that yall used before the transition as their code was, for the most part, out of date and no longer compatible with the Redux base. The new guns had been on the workshop for three or so years and (unlike the guns previously present on the server) were not designed for GG use. They also hadnt aged very well as I had neglected them for about a year leading up to the transition. The only reason the transition has been a bit choppy is because I can only update so much in a day. 

With that said, I am using the old weapons stats as a reference for what the stats will be when I go through and update things. A good %40 of them are already ready to go. SeNNoX just finished fixing the Z6 rotary blaster and as time passes the attachments should get better. 

Cheers for clearing that up. 

• Like 2

@Captain Flowers @Chunky @Winter

Z6 is being patched today. Also, There are now 9 color variants available to choose from.

1. Aqua
  2. Blue
  3. Red
  4. Red-Pink
  5. Purple
  6. Orange
  7. White
  8. Yellow
  9. Green

I've hopefully balanced them in anticipation of being used. Please yell at me via discord if  they are deemed poopy. 

Edited by Servius
github link

Secondary version of the DC-15s now added.

• Weaker variant with lower RPM and damage.
  • If your looking to try and pitch stronger equipment by trading down the stats of a primary weapon or just want to have regimental rank progression feel free to request rank based equipment changes to make use of this variant. Other servers have been requesting this so I have no problem creating them upon request. No charge, at least from me, to have them created and added to the live addons. Usage is based on approval from @Corvus and @Yoho (RHC and Management respectively) 

Steam Name: Centurion
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/centurion9205/
Group Affected: Lore characters that get the Z6
Name of Gun: Z6 Group
Clipboard: tfa_swch_z6_orange, tfa_swch_z6_aqua, tfa_swch_z6_purple, tfa_swch_z6_red, tfa_swch_z6_redpink, tfa_swch_z6_white, tfa_swch_z6_yellow
Only change I ask for an increase damage from 25 to 45, which was the Z6's original damage. If possible, I'd also like to ask for a decrease in the spin time as the time required to get the weapon to full spin is a lot longer from the original Z6. I think around half might be good.

Thanks.

Sorry, old Z6 wasnt balanced for MP play. Wont be able to achieve the earlier stats without using attachments, coming soon. 

@Phill 

image.png

Hopefully the above seems sufficient to hold off on stoning me for not buffing?

Edited by Servius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Servius said:

@Phill 

image.png

Hopefully the above seems sufficient to hold off on stoning me for not buffing?

Idk I just think it’s kinda wack that you are talking about MP with balancing the z6 when it is meant to be used on large groups of npcs. That looks dope tho keep up the good work.

Im not talking about PVP balancing my dude; My focus is entirely PVE balance while also introducing attachments that feel impactful on gameplay, which up until recently was entirely based on the same shit, killing the same shit. 

The previous variation wasn't even balanced for the NPC's EMs place.  As yall have meantioned the RPM was higher, it was actuall 1200 compared to the current 600~. The damage was also higher. Its clip size was also 200+. To avoid situations where non-devs diagnose the "server lag" and pinpoint the z6s as server killers (dont forget they were gone for this reason up until recently) the best bet is to address the reasoning found in those peeps arguments. By starting from lower base stats the attachments will feel genuinely meaningful during combat, even against NPCs, and should even be useful during potential fights during ECs. 

Attachments are meant to augment the stats yall find most fun, but wouldn't normally be able to have because it would make each individual weapon too broken in combat. 

• Like 1

In regards to the Republic Shotgun, Spirit has played with the stats until, in my belief, it is a reasonable go-to in regards to close quarters combat. Now does not need fixing. Thanks for doing so much work for these weapons Servious ❤️