Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cappa

PAC3 Application Suggestion (Discussion)

Recommended Posts

PAC3 currently is an application based system at the moment, which is good, however after scrolling through the applications you can see there are always the most generic answers, like it's always to "improve RP" "Bring more RP to myself and others around me". Now after seeing a lot of these answers, what really decides whether someone gets accepted is their knowledge of PAC, which is shown through their screenshots. 

So I would like to bring forward the idea of having written PAC3 usage related questions, such as questions like how do you edit a model, how do you move a bone, etc. 

Obviously you could easily say "well people already show usage by providing pac3 examples in their screenshots" but in my opinion, this just isn't enough, as PACs are super easy to just blatantly copy and take from the internet.  

Another counter could be "well if we did this, everyone's answers would still be the same". This is true, but imagine it like a staff application, someone could easily just do a rough copy of the answers off another application, so it's not very different to a staff applications template.

Another way to show people understand PAC, is having a question which requires them to check the rules, EG, "True or False. Gateways PAC3 rules say Players cannot use PAC to give themselves outfit parts that would otherwise be rank restricted.

Feel free to reply to these topics, or suggest something different.

Edited by Cappa
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 6

Share this post


Link to post

I would agree if I didn't disagree. If they are competent they are competent, if they're not competent they'll look up a youtube tutorial. PAC3 is less of a "who has more creativity" and more, if you're sensible and have enough of a rapport on the server (as well as a somewhat decent application) you'll probably be accepted. It's not something that is detrimental to someones enjoyment and it honestly doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post

I find most people don’t really seem to care about the written part, most just scroll down to see the PACs or click the links provided. It’s more about what you can do. Animations seem to be the new criteria when it comes to being accepted.

Share this post


Link to post

honestly dude, you see alot of "improves rp" because thats the main reason people want to use it, in my opinion its about the examples, and asking questions about say the bone stuff is pointless if the examples are good they know it already, I just feel if it aint broke, dont fix it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Bright said:

honestly dude, you see alot of "improves rp" because thats the main reason people want to use it, in my opinion its about the examples, and asking questions about say the bone stuff is pointless if the examples are good they know it already, I just feel if it aint broke, dont fix it.

yeah for sure 

 

13 hours ago, Jesse said:

I find most people don’t really seem to care about the written part, most just scroll down to see the PACs or click the links provided. It’s more about what you can do. Animations seem to be the new criteria when it comes to being accepted.

Yeah obviously examples pretty much show most if not all we need to see when deciding if someone needs to get it. But I agree, I rarely read the written parts as they are almost always the same thing...

 

14 hours ago, Flxnks said:

I would agree if I didn't disagree. If they are competent they are competent, if they're not competent they'll look up a youtube tutorial. PAC3 is less of a "who has more creativity" and more, if you're sensible and have enough of a rapport on the server (as well as a somewhat decent application) you'll probably be accepted. It's not something that is detrimental to someones enjoyment and it honestly doesn't matter.

I'm the same, part of me says we'll the examples show it all but the other part is saying if you don't update or edit the written component it's basically useless?

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Cappa said:

I'm the same, part of me says we'll the examples show it all but the other part is saying if you don't update or edit the written component it's basically useless?

That is not what I was saying in the slightest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What I am saying is regardless of your examples and knowledge of PAC3, your reputation a trustworthiness is the ultimate factor. You could be a modern-day Da Vinci but also have the most warns, kicks, bans and have the sort of reputation that when people say your name they associate it with "minge".

Share this post


Link to post

This simple quote from an old legend - "if you're a shit cunt you won't get it, if you're a mad cunt you'll get it"

Basically how PAC3 applications work just as Flanks said, your reputation carries far more weight when being decided than the examples themselves, obviously the examples are a huge factor in deciding if someone gets PAC3 but again as Flanks said, if you're a god at PAC but a minge in game you won't get it.

Edited by Alluh
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/20/2020 at 3:33 AM, Alluh said:

This simple quote from an old legend - "if you're a shit cunt you won't get it, if you're a mad cunt you'll get it"

please stop swearing on the forums!1!111!

  • Quality Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tanker said:

Why is this in the Teamspeak tab lmao

I'd suspect it was because PAC3 had no suggestion area nor did the forums, so I've placed it in Q&A as it's the closest thing in the PAC Hub

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...