Posted (edited)

Polis Massa Bunks Suggestion Thread

Purpose: Temporary Base Map with the intention of being used as a temporary base for specific types of events. Focus on HORROR, Player Discovery and exploration, and Security. 

Please suggest ideas for a good layout for bunks. I am accepting images on a grid that can show a layout, top down images of bunks created with props, or simple criteria for amount of space and rooms. Suggestions on detail props would also be good. Due to the potential use as a "temporary" base map I am willing to make bunks permanently assigned to a regiment and decorating it based on their request so if Commanders want to get in contact for specific requests in this regard I am all ears, its just not exactly what ill be working on right now. Here is my current layout which should be reminiscent of the Coruscant map bunks: 

image.thumb.png.165518f9dbd4699a9a5537bfae68f56a.png

PS: If @Chunky could please contact me about CG checkpoints, Detainment areas, etc. that'd be great. If @Cryo @Yoho or @Corvus could please contact me about Debrief, Commander Meeting area, and Map Necessities that'd be great. 

Edited by Servius
  • Like 3

I intend to have the Cadet Training area at the end of both hallways. The two large rooms in the center are just there by result of spacing. Could be a medbay, temporary CG detainment area, shooting range, etc. If yall think itd go well there, ill make it. 

• Like 2

the big debriefing area for bunks seems to be a nice touch, dont need huge areas for beds, moreso the breifing area

• Dislike 1

Posted (edited)

Probably don't need to get full on with designated reg bunks due to the unstable nature of some of our regs, as well as the possible introduction of new ones later. However i would recommend a prebuilt bunk template in all bunks such as Beds, stage and chairs for DB just to minimise the need for permaprops, some people suck at watching their prop count.

RC squads don't need massive bunks like Regs, and could possibly have their own quarter/corridor. And ARC don't need the palace they always seem to want, they're literally the same size as any other reg.

Unless you have an idea for those large rooms in the center, I have some suggestions:

• Remove the dividing wall between the 2 large rooms and have it be a central lobby, having the main entrance in the middle and removing the bottom doorways from the bunk corridors
  • Have it be roleplay areas such as the ones found on the venator; Life support, fuel pump, armory, etc.
  • Make the central rooms large enough to contain a corridor and add the smaller RC bunks along the side, with a larger ARC bunk at the end.
  • use it for level transition, elevators/ramps/stairwells
Edited by Budds
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/4/2020 at 4:38 PM, Budds said:

Probably don't need to get full on with designated reg bunks due to the unstable nature of some of our regs, as well as the possible introduction of new ones later. However i would recommend a prebuilt bunk template in all bunks such as Beds, stage and chairs for DB just to minimise the need for permaprops, some people suck at watching their prop count.

RC squads don't need massive bunks like Regs, and could possibly have their own quarter/corridor. And ARC don't need the palace they always seem to want, they're literally the same size as any other reg.

Unless you have an idea for those large rooms in the center, I have some suggestions:

• Remove the dividing wall between the 2 large rooms and have it be a central lobby, having the main entrance in the middle and removing the bottom doorways from the bunk corridors
  • Have it be roleplay areas such as the ones found on the venator; Life support, fuel pump, armory, etc.
  • Make the central rooms large enough to contain a corridor and add the smaller RC bunks along the side, with a larger ARC bunk at the end.
  • use it for level transition, elevators/ramps/stairwells

@Budds Thank you for responding! Love the input. Will take it into consideration.

• Love 1

On 1/5/2020 at 11:38 AM, Budds said:

And ARC don't need the palace they always seem to want, they're literally the same size as any other reg.

ARC need a Jedi Temple, what are you talking bout.

But all I'd say is, make sure there are bathrooms. I really tire of the shiny rant/protest that there are no toilet facilities on base.

• Like 1

Would be nice to see the RP rooms such as the Medbay have some interactive elements within it which would keep RP fun and troopers entertained. Also having the medbay come with the standards things such as bacta tanks, beds etc would redue the props added to the medbay. 

Also having the basic things like Beds,Stages and seats within each regimental bunks would be nice to see as I've seen on some of our current maps such as Coruscant where some bunks have a stage that is made with nearly 10 props. Even for RC/Arc as both tend to try and have a amory in their bunks you could make a small room with a amoury within it (Though its knida unessary). 

Reguarding the assigned bunks, I think it should only be done to the starting regi's ones such as 7th,501st, shiney, arc etc. As most of the other regs will swap around a lot with the sporadic changes with regiments. Thats all I have to say for the bunks atleast, Map looks intresting Hyped to see how it turns out Serv :] 

Make Mandalorian Covert Plox? ':]

If I could recommend, multiple entry points for certain areas would be very interesting as I find in most events based around onship boarding/breaching, the players can lock down the one entrance that leads to something important (such as a command centre or R-sec) leading most ECs getting trapped/cut off and shot to death, or body blocked by the mass amount of shields put down and players in the way. Multiple access points whether that be vents or alternative routes could benefit with stealth incursions, events and even gives CG more things to look out for, meaning they'd have to plan defenses and routes more then "stand here and shoot anyone who tries to enter"

Only downside to this option is the obvious one, mingey troopers taking advantage of these access points. Best suggestion I can give is maybe have a lockdown system to can only be activated/deactivated at R-sec. That way CG remain in control and gives another reason to guard, there will always be a trooper at R-sec so only time minges get in, is when CG is completely Offline or indisposed.  

If you are truly going for the horror vibe, an unknown enemy crawling around in the vents, popping up in random spots to attack players is pretty freaky.

• Like 1

@Aussi I intend to have a few admin only ways to navigate the map quickly, sneakily, and impactfully. 

As theyll be admin only I dont intend any of them to very immersive in terms of travel. Closer to Traitor rooms in TTT then secret passages in Murder.

I also intend to have a few admin buttons outside the map that trigger certain changes to parts of the map that should significantly disrupt the normal strategies of defense. 

Currently the base two entrances(the hangar and front door). There will be a 3rd added to the horror tunnel that runs under the map that will connect with the actual outside of the base. This entrance will be sealed from the inside and will not be accessible until someone opens+unlocks the button outsde(thus allowing two way entrance+exit). I intend to have an override for this in the admin room that allows an EM to "grant acess" through repair/splicing ie putting a button somewhere else that forces the door open.

• Like 1