Spirit

The Mandalorian - Episode 4 Discussion

Disclaimer

This thread will contain spoilers for the latest episode of the Disney + original series "The Mandalorian"

Episode 4 - Sanctuary

Feel free to use this thread to share your thoughts on the latest episode. What were the highlights? What are your predictions for the next episode?

I’m really liking the acting, the locations/set pieces and the visuals.

but honestly where is this story going? I feel like we are getting plot by the teaspoon here and it’s the fourth episode, I get leaving stuff like baby yoda origins til later on but can we get a little more then “the mando gets himself into another shoot out” 

so far they seem to be focusing more on action and a little bit on characters but in the end the most important of Star Wars to me is the story.

I like the mandalorian a lot, I think it’s a great concept for a show and baby yoda is cute as hell but please give us some more direction then just stuff that could stand as their own one shot short films.

• Like 3

I agree with Aussi, character development so far hasn't really been anything more than "This is the way" and "I haven't shown my face to anyone since I was 10 years old"

Though it is pretty early into the series so I feel that they could just be just teasing us to some major plot point thet will be revealed later in the season, I agree story is great but you gotta admit the action so far has been pretty epic.

The part where Baby Yoda was about to get his head taken off lowkey had me on the edge of my seat even though I knew that they wouldn't kill him off so early and the fact its a child and it's disney we're talking about.

I have high hopes for the rest of the show and am super keen to see where it goes.

Edited by Alluh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

really looking forward to seeing if mando will keep travelling solo or link back up with the other mandalorians in the near future

surely mando is the next mandalore 

I found this episode a little bit dull i obviously still live the series and will continue to watch but i would of liked to see where the mando's went since they had to leave. But i assume this will be released later down the line.

I really think they subscribed too much to the whole ‘Mandalorian Stoicism’ trope. You can’t really build a character effectively when the only information we get are tidbits one episode at a time. I did really like the episode but I’m fearful that 4 episodes in he’s still isolated, unknown and indecisive. It makes me wonder what has to happen to turn that around which I would assume will happen at some point this season and if it’ll work as well as we all hope. It’s been a good series but seems to me like it’s more about recreating a silent gunslinger like Boba then telling a story at this point and I hope it changes.

Edited by Ajax
  • Like 1

Yeah as Stannis had said, the flashbacks were good and it would have been great to see an increase in them as the show progressed, but they dropped of the face of the earth in this episode.

I liked the episode and the action still kept me on the edge of my seat along with cute lil Yoda.

As Ajax had said, it seems as if he is indecisive and doesn't really know what to do.

It would be interesting if its revealed in a future episode of Yoda and the Mandalorians past