Servius

CG Tazer time reduction

The tazer equipment being used by CG is too strong. Every rule they create is %100 enforced all the time. Why? Not because they know the layout of the map and can guess where one might hide, not because of overwhelming numbers(which they have), not because of operations where they hunt down someone that hopped an almighty barrier or touched some grass. Its %100 because their tazer is too strong. They are able to tazer lock people for what? 4-8 seconds per shot? Even if they were a little too far away for them to cuff you after the first shot they just continue the stun with a second shot.

They then lock people up in cuffs that are either too easy or too difficult to break out of, which is why they always break the first set, which is usually the easy one to get out of. EVEN IF you somehow break out of your cuffs while in your cell there's literally ZERO chance of staging some kind of escape because, once more, they just insta switch to their tazer and lock you in place. 

These guys are supposed to act as civil protection does on darkrp/seriousrp servers and yet unlike similar iterations of a police force CG differs in one main aspect: Difficulty. Why is there literally zero difficulty involved in their regiment collum of RP? Its no wonder more and more we see 7+ people on at one time as CG. Yes, you could point to an active command staff but Id look to people just being tired of constantly being arrested by CG for simple transgressions. I'm not saying its impossible to have fun when they are online, its very easy to have fun, what I am saying is that its extremely easy for them to ruin that fun for BS rules and regulations nobody else had a say in. An example of this would be on Banican, we were trying to do shield training outside of the training areas (because all the claimable locations were claimed) and we ended up all getting arrested for having equipment out. We were off in a corner and were only visible to CG in CG only locations ie the walls and upper terrace.

To sum it up: 

Tazer on CG should be nerfed in both stun time and frequency between shots. There should be a level of skill involved in their role past just aiming. 

PS: This post is not ment as an offense to anyone in CG currently or in the past. Just an honest opinion from someone who basically played CP Chief on DarkRP for a year straight. There needs to be room for players to create roleplayable moments. 

Edited by Servius
  • Like 2
  • Dumb 2
  • Quality Post 1
  • Shocker 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 10

Why is this a problem?

If the tazer is limited in any way then it just promotes further trolling. 

Furthermore, the ideology of the perpetrator breaking out of their cuffs goes against a server rule, that being FailRP.

I do understand the want for more in-depth skills seen throughout CG, however the current system makes sense and it's just a game at the end of the day.

• Like 2

You compare it to DarkRP, however SWRP and DarkRP are completely different. YOU ARE A CLONE. You would not be breaking the laws on a MILITARY BASE. The fact that we don't have arrest batons that stick you in a cell immediately should be good enough. The Tazers stun you for 7 seconds, during which time, we have to reload as they are a 1 shot.  Another thing is, if a single CG member is arresting you, it is entirely possible to break out and escape. There has been many a time I've looked away for a second and the person I am dragging back to R-SEC is gone. These base rules are set to maintain RP standards, and they have been discussed before being put up by RHC. 

The base rules are clearly labelled around the map, and if you cannot follow these simple rules which are put in place to maintain the standards of this server, you may as well just spawn in a cell, because what you are complaining about is just CG doing their job. If all the training rooms are booked, you shouldn't be training. It is a server rule, and if you have a problem with that then talk to the server manager. That rule is in place to prevent too much lag. 

If you can't escape CG, instead of complaining about our tazers, don't break the laws. That simple bud.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

That's the point of the taser though. For you to not get away. You did something wrong or are wanted so you get tased lul.

Also, why would someone be able to break out of cuffs willy nilly? They are cuffs...to restrain you.

For rp, arrests are basically a response to people minging in rp as all of the reasons you get arrests, bar specific base rules, are basic stuff. However, you can rp with them while being arrested or other things but them standing next to you waiting for you to escape after being tased isn't the best in the world.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

It has a 7 second cooldown timer...

and infinite range and zero restrictions on repeatedly using the stun on players. At least no restrictions that they adhere to.

1 hour ago, Chunky said:

The Tazers stun you for 7 seconds, during which time, we have to reload as they are a 1 shot.  Another thing is, if a single CG member is arresting you, it is entirely possible to break out and escape. There has been many a time I've looked away for a second and the person I am dragging back to R-SEC is gone. 

If you can't escape CG, instead of complaining about our tazers, don't break the laws. That simple bud.

Same response, the tazers have infinite range. Yall use it a lot during events to capture EC's(I would know; four events in a row I was the executed EC that got brought back to the base map because I got cross mapped). Yall stun when someone is escaping their cuffs; which resets the cuffs. Yall then use that stun as the one escape max and now its fail rp bs. The 1-4 seconds it takes to reload is less than the amount of time it takes for the stun to wear off. CG are capable(and know that they are) of stun locking a player until they've been arrested and plopped into their cell. You'd have to be absolutely plastered to ever lose someone after tazing them at least once. Id also point out that you've made escape even further impossible by putting the keycard readers at the front of R-Sec when they werent present on the other two maps we usually play on. Meaning the only chance of escape would be someone forgetting to slap the hands on the keyboard to spam their strip bind, forget to close your one way ray shield cells, and forget how to switch to their taser while standing in every hard locked doorway between the cell and freedom.

There's a difference between suppressing mingey behavior and an entire regiment overstepping and hurting the natural flow of things. No warning arrests on barrier hopping? Straight up asking for people to challenge that. 

My point is that there is literally zero chance of escaping with your current equipment settings. Yall outnumber most regiments online at any given time during most events as well as inbetween. Yes, like most regiments you can have moments where there are less but in CG's case thats just not the norm. You have the reg pop to actively do patrols, stage guards all around the map, and somehow have two people in your cells basically every moment leading up to the first event, then to the 2nd, and again to the 3rd. Why wouldn't CG want it to be SLIGHTLY more difficult to arrest a perp? Why wouldn't CG want to get issued a patrol ship to hunt down a player that ran away and got outside the confines of the base? Having in place extremely rigid rules that try to control almost every aspect of player interaction is insanity. I mean I know those CO meetings are an opportunity for people to bring up issues brought up internally be regimental members which might explain why no posts about this have showed up prior but high key im not the only person that really dislikes how CG interacts with other players.

The grumble mumbles you hear whenever someone from CG pulls on their tight pants and tries to jump down some shinies throat for talking during PTS when there is LITERALLY no indication that an Advisor is about to start talking(referring to the start of events after map switch) should indicate more people other than myself share my concerns. 

At what point did you decide that the RP most important to CG is how to properly navigate the debrief room and not the actual role your regiment fulfilled in LORE? I just cant believe CG is satisfied with their only non-static rp being the occasional bunk checks and id renewals. 

Edited by Servius

I think others that agree with me on this would be up to trading more difficulty for you guys to arrest people for longer arrest times in the cells. 

• Thinking 1
  • Dislike 3

Bruh, if you don't like the current tazers - you would have gone ballistic over the old ones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocker 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, Vyve said:

Bruh, if you don't like the current tazers - you would have gone ballistic over the old ones.

I mean if the response to the equipment has been historically negative why wouldnt people that were around for the "old ones" not understand how new people might feel about the current equipment? Especially when compared to how that same equipment is configured elsewhere?

Edited by Servius

48 minutes ago, Servius said:

Once more, infinite range. Yall use it a lot during events to capture EC's(I would know; four events in a row I was the executed EC that got brought back to the base map because I got cross mapped). Yall stun when someone is escaping their cuffs; which resets the cuffs. Yall then use that stun as the one escape max and now its fail rp bs. The 1-4 seconds it takes to reload is less than the amount of time it takes for the stun to wear off. CG are capable(and know that they are) of stun locking a player until they've been arrested and plopped into their cell. You'd have to be absolutely plastered to ever lose someone after tazing them at least once. Id also point out that you've made escape even further impossible by putting the keycard readers at the front of R-Sec when they werent present on the other two maps we usually play on. Meaning the only chance of escape would be someone forgetting to slap the hands on the keyboard to spam their strip bind, forget to close your one way ray shield cells, and forget how to switch to their taser while standing in every hard locked doorway between the cell and freedom.

There's a difference between suppressing mingey behavior and an entire regiment overstepping and hurting the natural flow of things. No warning arrests on barrier hopping? Straight up asking for people to challenge that. 

My point is that there is literally zero chance of escaping with your current equipment settings. Yall outnumber most regiments online at any given time during most events as well as inbetween. Yes, like most regiments you can have moments where there are less but in CG's case thats just not the norm. You have the reg pop to actively do patrols, stage guards all around the map, and somehow have two people in your cells basically every moment leading up to the first event, then to the 2nd, and again to the 3rd. Why wouldn't CG want it to be SLIGHTLY more difficult to arrest a perp? Why wouldn't CG want to get issued a patrol ship to hunt down a player that ran away and got outside the confines of the base? Having in place extremely rigid rules that try to control almost every aspect of player interaction is insanity. I mean I know those CO meetings are an opportunity for people to bring up issues brought up internally be regimental members which might explain why no posts about this have showed up prior but high key im not the only person that really dislikes how CG interacts with other players. The grumble mumbles whenever someone from CG pulls on their tight pants and tries to jump down some shinies throat for talking during PTS when there is LITERALLY no indication that an Advisor is about to start talking(referring to the start of events after map switch) shouldn't make it a surprise people dislike this.

At what point did you decide that the RP most important to CG is how to properly navigate the debrief room and not the actual role your regiment fulfilled in LORE? I just cant believe CG is satisfied with their only non-static rp being the occasional bunk checks and id renewals. 

Okay for starters, every gun has infinite range. It is a light projectile, they don't have bullet drop because they have no mass, as it is with every gun. CG do not taser abuse, if they're tasing you while you're in cuffs, you're attempting to break out. If we're tasing an EC, we have gotten permission. The restraints are metal, you shouldn't be able to break out, hence failRP.  If a member of CG is using their taser without having a reason to arrest you, feel free to let me or an officer know. 

You say that we outnumber most regiments, that just says I'm doing a decent job as a CO. The entire point of CG is to promote RP without resorting to minge RP. We also do promote making it harder on us. The other day, we had a chase with a jedi in a delta where we spent half an hour in RP before Palpatine called us off. If you want us to do RP with you, don't break a law right in front of all of CG straight after the briefing ends.  The rule about jumping the railing is AOS for a reason. We can't go up to you and go "First Warning" when we only enforce that rule at briefing. It just as easy to run around the outside and not take time out of your precious rp by getting arrested. We enforce the PTS rule because speaking during a briefing is disrespectful to the advisor, who took the time out of their day to craft an event for you to enjoy, the least you can do is not talk when they're explaining their event. You have no reason to be speaking during briefing when you've had two hours in between events to talk to your mates.  Many other people before you have managed to escape CG, and many after you will.

At the end of the day, you really cannot talk about CG's kit when you haven't even played a minute as CG.  People don't complain about our kit, because there is nothing wrong with it, and maybe you would know that if you didn't spend half your time on the server in a cell. At the end of the day, You really don't care about our kit. This post was 70% your feelings on cg and 30% on our actual kit. None of the rules that are in place affect roleplay unless you go out of your way to break them. They give us something to do as a regiment, and the fact that CG are popping is a tribute to how many of them enjoy the RP, and have stuck around because of it.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Servius said:

I think others that agree with me on this would be up to trading more difficulty for you guys to arrest people for longer arrest times in the cells. 

Ah yes because you'd like to be in a cell for 10 minutes for being on a building, go right ahead bud.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Servius said:

Every rule they create is %100 enforced all the time. Why?

This is because they are rules, they're made to be enforced.

They then lock people up in cuffs that are either too easy or too difficult to break out of, which is why they always break the first set, which is usually the easy one to get out of.

There is only one set of cuffs (ie only one 'difficulty').  The reason why people usually only break out of one set is because there is an OOC rule that you cannot break out of cuffs more than once.  This is because it is extremely easy to break out using a macro while also being quite difficult without one.

EVEN IF you somehow break out of your cuffs while in your cell there's literally ZERO chance of staging some kind of escape because, once more, they just insta switch to their tazer and lock you in place. 

What gave you the impression that there should be the possibility of escape?  It's a CWRP server, not darkRP.  Escaping prison shouldn't be a significant part of your RP on the server (neither should getting arrested in the first place).

An example of this would be on Banican, we were trying to do shield training outside of the training areas (because all the claimable locations were claimed) and we ended up all getting arrested for having equipment out.

Seems pretty irrelevant to the taser issue overall.  Issues like this should be taken to the CG CO or a CO meeting if the CG CO cannot resolve the issue.

There needs to be room for players to create roleplayable moments. 

Why do you expect CG to encourage players to break the rules as part of roleplay under the guise of them having a chance at escaping afterwards?

1 hour ago, Servius said:

Yall use it a lot during events to capture EC's

This should only be done if the EM specifically gives CG permission to do so.  If not, it should be taken to the CG CO.

Id also point out that you've made escape even further impossible by putting the keycard readers at the front of R-Sec when they werent present on the other two maps we usually play on. Meaning the only chance of escape would be someone forgetting to slap the hands on the keyboard to spam their strip bind, forget to close your one way ray shield cells, and forget how to switch to their taser while standing in every hard locked doorway between the cell and freedom.

I don't see why there should be a debate on how easy it is to escape from prison.  You're not supposed to, regardless of how much you want it to be part of your roleplay.  Ideally it would be impossible to escape from the inside which keycards do quite a good job of.

My point is that there is literally zero chance of escaping with your current equipment settings.

That's the entire point of the settings.

Why wouldn't CG want it to be SLIGHTLY more difficult to arrest a perp?

So they can spend the extra time doing training, ID renewals,  bunk inspections, patrols (ie roleplay that is actually positive and productive for the server).

Why wouldn't CG want to get issued a patrol ship to hunt down a player that ran away and got outside the confines of the base?

So they can do more productive RP.  The main job of CG is not to spend 5-10 minutes chasing someone.

I just cant believe CG is satisfied with their only non-static rp being the occasional bunk checks and id renewals. 

They'd probably try doing a bit more if they weren't constantly arresting people for breaking rules that are incredibly easy to follow.

• Like 2

To think that I always thought the tazer needed a slight buff, yes it has a lot of good qualities to it but when you can't hit a moving target by aiming directly at them added with server lag, the last thing I'd want if I were in CG was a more difficult experience.

• Shocker 1

6 hours ago, Chunky said:

The restraints are metal, you shouldn't be able to break out, hence failRP.

If you are a Jedi then you should be able to as you can use the force to destroy them but otherwise i agree   

Edited by Blaze8901
  • Shocker 1
  • Haha 1

*Breaks Ship/Base Rules*

*Gets Tazed*

"CG ARE JUST ALL UPTIGHT KUNTS MATE, FUN SPONGES ALL OF YA LET ME GO YOU DOG"

Just follow the rules and your entire post is null. There are some rules that should be rethought, however at the end of the day, this post wouldn't exist if you followed the rules

also this is a petition to make all handcuffs "mandolorian iron" in server lore

Edited by Cuffs
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

I think this post has inspired me to have a fully auto stun DC-15s made

• Shocker 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ajax said:

I think this post has inspired me to have a fully auto stun DC-15s made

Wait, I thought that was what it already did. Admins just said I rdm'ed. Shame on you admins!

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Blaze8901 said:

If you are a Jedi then you should be able to as you can use the force to destroy them but otherwise i agree  

pretty sure there were special restraints designed to hold jedi in lore

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tom said:

To think that I always thought the tazer needed a slight buff, yes it has a lot of good qualities to it but when you can't hit a moving target by aiming directly at them added with server lag, the last thing I'd want if I were in CG was a more difficult experience.

The server lag would be during events right?  Im in America and other than climb swep being weird my connection to this australian server is pretty dang good. About the same as what Id have to deal with on Icefuse/Superior.

I have broken out of CG's grasp enough times in the past (And every now and then to have some fun), It makes it pretty clear the system is good as it is, Outsmart the CG, Also this is a Semi-Serious Roleplay server, Not DarkRP, being arrested for climbing a building or something similar isn't exactly a fun breaker.

Tasers and CG don't need a Nerf you need a buff, Just get good a Climbswep and you can get away from any of them.

@Chunky People thought CG wasn't active enough, However now you are too active, Tsk tsk

Edited by JamWay
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alluh said:

pretty sure there were special restraints designed to hold jedi in lore

yes there was but where not on the cg at all times 

Just now, Buck7778 said:

Photoshop_2019-11-18_20-32-54.png.c7d99fbcf8f7ce7bdb1dad6287915c81.png

Any corrupt guards still hanging in the forums 😢 

Lunar.jpg

• Angry React 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

When I was an instructor in CG, I would often test people's ability to detain target's that wouldn't co-operate. Breaking out of CG's grasp, even when in R-SEC, is no-where near impossible if you know what you're doing. Troopers are prone to missing the first shot if they rush it, and the reload time makes it pretty easy for offenders to get away. Doors with keycards aren't really an issue either. For starters, they make sense to have on a military base and secondly if you're trying to escape you can still get out the doors cause half the time someone with clearance decides to come wandering through.

Basically what I'm saying is this. CG has a kit that fits their job. They are here to enforce IC rules, which the kit is tailored for. If someone gets arrested, it's their fault for breaking the rules, not the fault of the kit. If the arrest is "unfair" contact staff or a CG officer. Simple. The kit is powerful enough to do the job it's made for, making it weaker would just make minging easier.

• Like 1