Tango

Gregor (Tango's) Trial EM app

Clone Wars Event Master Application

p96Bf1J2f854y67i4B938mEkvsB7xIGmdbJDAW9-Y3BAT0ru3TMpHZfhj3f89-8Aerr8NdbFM-EIxSLZSGAhDoMrZzzaEmSiJIYFxWm3HZfwREcAZuihwEbLOuq0TGE93OpsPnIK

Before applying for event master make sure you understand that you must agree with everything in this thread, These are the rules. Remember at gateway gaming we care for the players above all, Passion takes you further than anything else. You may ask players to post their opinions on your application. Begging for +1's will give you a negative reputation. To all players +1'ing remember your +1 must have context and a reason as to why you as giving your +1. Jokes are also not tolerated.

Pre-requisites:

You must be already active.

You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as an admin you will get stressed, a lot.

You will need to participate in events and in some circumstances, Do events. As well as sits.

You must be 14 years or older, or very mature.

You must understand that your rank can be taken from you at any time.

You agree that you will participate in play on the server at least every other day for longer then an hour or two.

You must understand that as a Trial or otherwise Junior EM, you will be restricted on what you will be allowed to do on word of Senior/High staff, and disrespect to this fact will have consequences.

You must understand that you may not get Admin when applying

You must always be aware of event slot times and be active for them

○You must remember that when you apply for event master that whilst this role may receive the Event Master ulx rank, it is not admin.

Basic Information

Steam Name:

[GG]PercyGames

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:114701075 

In game alias:

Gregor

Time Played:

730 hours on Gmod, Take away 20 hours max as gateway is the only thing I play on it.

Questions:

How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

I have played many events so I know what players require and want from them, As RC squad led I understand the importance of giving each spec forces their respective roles within events. I have been EC's many times and understand how they work. 

Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Many, I am on for most events, I have been and EC for a lot of events as well.

Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:

I am somewhat familiar with them, but with ones I don't know I am quick and ready to learn. 

Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

The Hyperspace Tool: Allows the EM to give the illusion or the effect of a ship going into hyperspace and making an escape to further develop the players immersion in the event.

Advance Duplicator: Allows an EM to build something involving multiple props and save it as a preset to make the set up time for events much faster and less boring for the players.  

The Welder tool: Alows the EM to gather a bunch of props and then orginise them to some form of construction and stick them together so as not to move too much when force is applied to them.

Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Yes, I see sometimes that too many NPC's or props can cause crashes and serious Chugging of the server. So EM's must take extra care when brining props or NPC's into the server.

Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your ULX rank outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

Yes, I know that abuse of ULX can lead to out of character consequences.

1. Using ULX to make your character larger or smaller.

2.Teleporting people to places when they are meant to get there in character

3.Giving people weapons or tools which they shouldn't have outside of events.

Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

I haven't specifically played key characters but I have been a EC in many events so I know the role of EC's, I have been a BX sniper, tank pilot, turret user, tactical droid so I have RP experience, shop keeper and other civilian roles and a Bounty hunter (Dengar).

On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?:

8, I like to think I have a pretty good knowledge of star wars, my knowledge on clone wars is a little above basic so I would be able to us that knowledge to better improve events.

On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?:

4, but im egger to learn more and I am sure after some time learning the ULX's full abilities I can better improve my events and be able to possible help other EM's later on down the line.

Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

I love the recent move to more operations and having more RC and ARC's play a role and letting other regiments have their time in the spot light so I wish to be a part of that movement and give an increase in numbers, plus server numbers have been down of late. But this doesn’t mean I will exclude regiments but I want each regiment to feel they have something special they can offer which I believe can be best achieved in an event and allowing regiments and squads to play their part as a whole team.

Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?:

Yes, I have seen this plenty of times. As EM anything can happen as players can be unpredictable.

How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?:

As a EM I would always watch comms, I have been a CO before so I am confident when speaking to other troopers and can direct them clearly. I also do Drama in school and, hear me out, can add more depth to the character I am portraying and give more fun to the character, for example I would love to do what Yoho does and really get into character and give it my all.

Scenarios:

1. An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

things like this happen, I would say they he has been badly damaged and would then send down reinforcements to act that the cis are trying to save him, commando droids or B2's and then tell the EC to act wounded, allowing him to make an escape and get his ship and hopefully fly off.

2. A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

Nothing, it is their opinion, I would take any feedback and improve my events to get a larger audience. If they start using foul language and need to be dealt by a mod then I would alert them but mainly I would actually listen and ask questions so I know what that trooper likes and dislikes and then maybe incorporate that into events, also notify him on the work that goes into events and ask him to have a little more respect for those who host events for the players enjoyment.

3. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

I should have alerted EM's, Mod's and Admin's of this earlier and had a backup prepared and ready for a situation like this, always have a backup plan. 

4. Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

Always clean up bodies, reduce the amount of AI placed and if possible remove any unnecessary props.

To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EzMa9qOAU88mAr4Y-EdX_sdn0kyY0PiO62rt5F3yil0/edit

(by the way, very eager for feedback.)

Edited by Tango
Just adding in the feedback from Sharky and Yoho
  • Like 2

Your answers seem good to me I’d like if you would restructure your event much like pervious applications, Bishop’s is a good one to look for formatting so I’d recommended you do that. 

• Like 1

Also please fix the grammatical issues, try make your event a bit more unique but still simple 

First of I’ll say is a really good job but I’m going to stay neutral for the moment this is because 

On 10/27/2019 at 8:22 PM, Tango said:

On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?:

4, but im egger to learn more and I am sure after some time learning the ULX's full abilities I can better improve my events and be able to possible help other EM's later on down the line.

With this a simple google search on Garrys mod commands can do wonders and get you to learn the basic commands this will most likely bring you up to a 5 or even a 6. 

I haven't specifically played key characters but I have been a EC in many events so I know the role of EC's

Try and give a example of what ec characters you have played in the past maybe it might be a simple BX droid or a background character then explain how maybe you made this character unique maybe by doing hcomms voice comms etc if you could do that this would make it really good 

I have played many events so I know what players require and want from them, As RC squad led I understand the importance of giving each spec forces their respective roles within events. I have been EC's many times and understand how they work. 

On the server it is very hard to give the entire regiment and squads their own little task to do but I’m sure if you do plan hard enough that should be possible then again there is a very few events where people can get every regiment and squad to do something unique but normally it’s very hard as you need to consider props npc’s and tasks/what they’re going to do 

With your event I believe it’s a very good one I like how there’s multiple endings for the troopers and like that one thing is how are you going to make the troopers feel that they actually failed? Also try and say how are you going to get your ec’s what models and !revent are they going to be etc. What weapons are they using are they allowed to use certain weapons are they not allowed to use certain weapons things like that  (go more in-depth)

Other than that I’d give you a plus one your application looks good keep it up

Edited by Sharky

On 11/2/2019 at 10:10 AM, Sharky said:

Thank you sharky for the feed back, I have taken it into account and have made the adjustments in the sections concerning your feedback, I really do appreciate the feedback.

I haven't specifically played key characters but I have been a EC in many events so I know the role of EC's, I have been a BX sniper, tank pilot, turret user, tactical droid so I have RP experience, shop keeper and other civilian roles and a Bounty hunter (Dengar)

Talk about how you made these characters unique with you playing them as for dengar you made rp with negotiating etc talk about that

• Like 1

I should have alerted EM's, Mod's and Admin's of this earlier and had a backup prepared and ready for a situation like this, always have a backup plan. 

What happens if there are no backup staff to help you? What would you do then? Best to probably say that if staff aren’t available