crabpatty142

Bobby's unban appeal

Gateway Gaming Clone Wars RP | Unban Appeal Template

spacer.png

Use the template below or your appeal will be void.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your In-game Name: Bobby

Your Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/9M7J5/

Your Steam ID (Find it here) ] STEAM_0:0:431023371

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who banned you? Beatroot

Length of the ban? Perma

Reason of the ban? (No intent to RP | RDM | Failrp | Atempt RDM

Why should we unban you? 

I believe the punishment I was dealt was hyperbolic and people have been banned for a lesser duration for the same reasons. In my case I was given a verbal warning by Beatroot where he said. 'If I catch you doing any more you'll be banned.' (This is paraphrased as I can not remember exactly what he said.) The situation that led to my ban was me screwing around with some friends in bunks which was away from everyone and not infringing on anyone's role play and not affecting people who did not want to be involved. During this Lock ran into the hallway and I ran into the hallway and proceed to RDM him ( which I assume Beatroot saw me killing him). Then I was teleported by Beatroot to on top of the ship then banned. I sincerely regret my actions with that incident and was merely having fun with friends without infringing on anyone else but had a lapse in my judgement and made a bad decision. Shortly after this I was unbanned ( due to something being removed from the server I don't exactly know why ) so I returned to the server though acted in somewhat secrecy as I was wondering if I was unbanned on purpose or on accident and did not want to be re-banned. During this time I participated in multiple RP situations, an example is in med-bay being a patient for the medics which I believe shows my intent to RP on the server. I also behaved with utmost discipline and was well behaved ( otherwise I would have been found out and re banned ). The situation that lead to my re-ban was during some medical RP I ran into the head of CG Chunky and Rover, I used my microphone and they mentioned that "I should be banned", when the map changed due to an event starting I was instantly re-permanently  banned by Spirit without any sit or discussion of the matter at all. I was also accused of using an alternate steam account to play on the server which is simply not true and if I was given the chance to explain myself this would have been cleared up. After a month and a little bit I believe I should be allowed to return to gateway or at least have the ban reduced. Whilst I know I haven't acted the most mature whilst on gateway I wish to return to have fun and hopefully rejoin the community whilst behaving in an acceptable manner.

Thank you for taking time to read my appeal. I appreciate all feed back.  

• Like 1
  • Shocker 1

Bobby, i've never had any major issues with you myself and I personally believe after talking to you for a bit that you've learnt from the dumb and stupid things you've done in the past, although I believe if you were to be unbanned you should be kept on a tight lesh just like @luca I still believe you are able to come back and play the server properly like you used to do just without the minging.

+1

Edited by Bright
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1
  • Dislike 1

+1

Whilst Bobby has hasn't always been the best behaved hes never blatantly gone out of his way to ever disturb/ruin anyone's experience, I do believe he should at least have his ban reduced as I feel permanent is a bit over the top. Whilst you were un-banned I personally experienced your improvement in behavior and your seriousness held within role play situations. With your low amount of in game warns and overall lack of toxicity held towards anyone in the community I believe you should be given a 2nd chance to return to the server.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Your overall behaviour on the server from day one has been nothing short of mingy, and you know it. I've had yoho and snake agree with me when it came to your attitude and behaviour towards the server whomst both of them know you irl. 
One thing is for certain your overall attitude was poop... I am surprised it took me to finally ban you and not someone before hand because I have seen others be banned, kicked, and warned for a lot less then some mingy rp (I was once warned for potential RDM whatever that is?) so please don't hide behind one incident in comparison to your overall mindset and in-game acts. If you can not realise the way you act then I do not think you should be unbanned, however, with the effort put into the application and the validation of your sincerity from snake maybe you do deserve to be unbanned.

I'd agree to one condition if I played the server you adhere to the month appeal timer I originally put on the ban message, Which is missing from this one. The original ban message read: RDM | No intent to RP | FailRP | You may appeal on the forums in a month. If that Timer is finished and @Spirit wishes you unbanned then no need for you to remain banned.

Going back to a previous point, Hiding behind false securities and essentially nullifying what you have done is in my eyes considered lying... I Despise lies and the people who commit them, You were sternly warned to not F around otherwise due to your overall behaviour you would be banned.. I watched the Bunk banter and had no issue with that, the moment it hit the hallway where others were watching and they were because there was 2 501st, a 7th trooper and  a horn company trooper watching you, who also watched you gun down lock. If you cannot listen to a very simple and easy to follow staff order of not to mess around otherwise you will be perma banned don't play victim, after you decided to go against that and carry on.... 

I'm not leaving any vote on this because I am inactive on the server, therefore you being unbanned will not have much impact on me in general. However, if I get on one day and see any behaviours exhibited in the past, I can assure you your punishment will not be light. In other words don't let me down. Better yet, don't let @Solid Snake Rock hard & @Yoho Down, because your attitude reflects off onto them also, as you know them on a personal note.

(I aint proof reading this either, sorry for repeats or grammatical errors)

Edited by Beatroot
  • Like 5

-1, after months of just dancing on the line of being considered a minge you finally got a perm. You have been banned in the past, every staff member I've talked to has told me you are nothing short of a nuisance on the server. Pretty simple, if you can come on here and have no intent to RP you deserve to be permed for awhile as at the end of the day it is an RP server. Throughout your time on the server did you ever RP? did you ever actually play for what is intended? I've been told by two staff that they are almost 99% sure they have banned you in the past for things such as RDMing etc.

at the end of the day, I could vouch for a lot of the current staff that have had to deal with you, myself included, that you don't RP and you are only bringing down the quaility of the server when you are on to fuck around. To those whom it concerns, unbanning Bobby and only giving him a month ban as punishment is just flat out stupid. Why give him the absolute minimum for months of failrp and countless of other rule breaks. 

TLDR, I don't know how long you should be banned for, but a month is way too short come back in a couple of months, fix your attitude, realise coming onto an RP server to not RP is not only cringeworthy but will end in punishment and you shouldn't be suprised or trying to victimize your situation at all. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

To put it bluntly, I don't think so. It's been some time but through my own experiences and those of other staff members, every interaction both them and myself have had with you has been characterized by your disregard for the rules and lack of intent to role play on the server, as Zia aptly points out. I'd be more receptive to your plight if you didn't come back to the server and knowingly act in secrecy, as you put it yourself, to ensure that no one recognized you to rectify the mistake and your dishonesty eventually caught up to you.

It's not only your disregard for rules but that you had the opportunity to do the right thing, which likely would've shortened the time of your ban, you had the chance and you squandered it. As far as I'm concerned, with your prior infractions against the server I think you've exhausted your chances for the moment. I don't think you deserve to come back - not yet. -1.

• Like 2

I'm only going to be echoing the sentiments of others, so I'll sum it up as a -1

You've constantly painted yourself a portrait as being a toxic and apathetic individual when it comes to the community and its rules. Your account was banned again with no fanfare because you had been permanently banned, and had not appealed your ban. I wasn't going to start making exceptions. 

If you really do want to return to the community,  try and interact with said community. Talk to us, show us why you deserve to be unbanned.

• Like 2

All of my thoughts have already been stated multiple times so I'll keep mine brief.

The entire time you have been on the server, you have done nothing but show a disregard for the rules and how your behaviour affects the enjoyment of others.

I hope that you are not unbanned any time soon. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 6:55 PM, Bright said:

Bobby, i've never had any major issues with you myself and I personally believe after talking to you for a bit that you've learnt from the dumb and stupid things you've done in the past, although I believe if you were to be unbanned you should be kept on a tight lesh just like @luca I still believe you are able to come back and play the server properly like you used to do just without the minging.

+1

Bobby and Luca are quite different people believe it or not.

• Shocker 2

To add to my statement cause I wasn't able to last night, Luca and Bobby are indeed two very different people.

Luca was banned once, Had an effort to come back and actually improved himself.

Bobby everytime he has come back has behaved in the exact same manner, He consistently had complete disregard for the rules and other players, He literally makes an effort to be a toxic player. Not to mention even attempted to hide the fact he was back on the server when he shouldn't have been, We knew immediately that it was him, He wasn't honest about it and then continued to behave in a way that got him banned in the first place.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1