Spirit

Introduction to the Jedi Update

Hello everyone.

Over the past few months, we have been releasing various details on a large project being undertaken to overhaul the Jedi experience on Gateway Gaming. Today, finally, I can begin sharing some proper details with you.
The update introduces loads of new content, ranging from a boatload of new force abilities, to new, custom made lightsaber forms and types. I will attempt to give a brief overview on them all here.

Note: The Imperial server will be launching with a Inquisitor version of this update.

Character Skill Trees

In order to unlock all of the abilities and forms/stances for your character, you will need to earn "Skill Points", in the form of Holocrons handed out by Council Members/Staff. You can earn these holocrons by completing classes, participating in raids/events/tournaments, and a myriad of other means. Once you have enough skill points, you can spend them on a new form or force ability within your pathway's skill tree.

Upon joining the Order as a Youngling/Initiate, players will have access to the "Fundamentals of the Force" skill tree, which hosts basic, universal abilites such as Force Push, Pull and minor force power and speed boosts.

https://i.imgur.com/kxfdlWU.png

After a player has completed the Gathering and been promoted to Padawan, they will then be able to start spending skill points on the tree for their chosen pathway. You will not be allowed to unlock certain abilities unless you hold the appropriate rank, as shown below. While this is not automatically enforced in the system yet, players unlocking abilities they should not have will have their character progress reset. The same goes for unlocking any forms or stances you have not learned.

https://i.imgur.com/F85Sd81.png

A lot of internal structuring will need to change to accommodate these changes, but I'm confident that we'll have it all ready to go by the time this update goes live. Below I will be updating this post with some key elements, a bit of a TL:DR.

Key Points

- 20+ new Force Abilities
- Entirely custom saber forms [Form I - Form VII]
- Skill points can be earned via holocrons for completing classes, raids, events and tournaments.
- Masters will be able to take a test that will allow them to teach a certain form.
- The first stance of any form can be learned by Padawan+
- The second stance of any form can be learned by Knight+
- Custom hilts, Crystals, Ignition Sounds, etc.
- Much more to come.

Here is a quick document outlining all the forms briefly. All Jedi will have access to Form 1, 5 and 6 whilst Form 2, 3, 4 and 7 will need to be taught by a specific master of that form.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SvXKLpZz5g0H4uYBQXv2AyTIjrwaD-F_oz_51KSS3O4/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Looks Amazing! Such a good concept that has been brought to life. Can’t Wait to see how this works upon the server. Will Knights+ need to be retaught on how to train Youngling’s and Padawan’s now due to the holocron skill point system?

Will Force powers be improved in terms of targetting? As we may know, the force powers can become inaccurate (ya maybe targetting one entity, but another entity is affected without the target), will this be improved and allow more accurate Force on individuals?

17 hours ago, CaptainCherryz said:

Will Force powers be improved in terms of targetting? As we may know, the force powers can become inaccurate (ya maybe targetting one entity, but another entity is affected without the target), will this be improved and allow more accurate Force on individuals?

Not drasticially, if at all. The focus of the changes was the skill-tree and expanded abilities, and all new content build on the system that was already there rather than replacing it. You will still need to be careful with your abilities.

Edited by Budds
  • Like 2