Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Richard's Imperial EM Application

*HUGE DISCLAIMER*

Before anyone asks, I withdrew my moderator application to apply for Imperial EM.

Imperial Event Master Application

p96Bf1J2f854y67i4B938mEkvsB7xIGmdbJDAW9-Y3BAT0ru3TMpHZfhj3f89-8Aerr8NdbFM-EIxSLZSGAhDoMrZzzaEmSiJIYFxWm3HZfwREcAZuihwEbLOuq0TGE93OpsPnIK

Before applying for event master make sure you understand that you must agree with everything in this thread, These are the rules. Remember at gateway gaming we care for the players above all, Passion takes you further than anything else. You may ask players to post their opinions on your application. Begging for +1's will give you a negative reputation. To all players +1'ing remember your +1 must have context and a reason as to why you as giving your +1. Jokes are also not tolerated.

Pre-requisites:

You must be already active.

You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as an admin you will get stressed, a lot.

You will need to participate in events and in some circumstances, Do events. As well as sits.

You must be 14 years or older, or very mature.

You must understand that your rank can be taken from you at any time.

You agree that you will participate in play on the server at least every other day for longer then an hour or two.

You must understand that as a Trial or otherwise Junior EM, you will be restricted on what you will be allowed to do on word of Senior/High staff, and disrespect to this fact will have consequences.

You must understand that you may not get Admin when applying

You must always be aware of event slot times and be active for them

○You must remember that when you apply for event master that whilst this role may receive the Event Master ulx rank, it is not admin.

Basic Information

Steam Name:

Drum Of Lube

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:44800507

In game alias:

Warrant Officer Stone - Coruscant Guard Officer

Private 1516 Slash - 22nd Trooper

Time Played:

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Drum Of Lube/45.121.211.150:27400/

With some other names 1000+

Questions:

How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

Many people may know that I can be quite creative at times even when given the most straight forward tasks, and I feel that I can easily carry over this creativity to the EM role with my passion of Imperial lore adding to the events, as well as my experience in events in multiple servers forming an opinion of what I believe is most fun.

I will also be focusing heavily on major lore moments throughout the timeline, without directly doing any lore events. An example of this is focusing on The Reconquest of the Rim at the beginning as it was one of the first major campaigns the Empire were involved in, as they attempted to take control of the mid and outer rim. This gives many options of planets, enemies and plots without having to touch the Rebel Alliance until we progress to a part of the timeline where they pose a large threat.

I will also be doing a lot of research into the timeline and more specifically the current time of the server to create events that aren't wack and suit the server RP wise.

Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Yes, being in NCO and Officer roles in the past it has been required that I play many events and participate in the RP with my regiment, I have also been an EC a number of times.

Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:

I was once a backup EM (Not the best I will admit) where I learnt a lot of the basics of how to be an EM, and I know a lot of stuff when it comes to NPC tools and its uses and abuses.

Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

NPC Weapon Modifier - The tab on the top of your screen where you can select what weapon you want your next NPCs to hold.

NPC Control - Almost every NPC Control tool is useful ranging from No Target to avoid ECs getting shot and NPC Controller to guide/direct NPCs to your specified location.

Advanced Duplicator - Events can be much more creative with interesting dupes to add on to what the map already has to offer.

Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Very, I've been involved in the past with cleaning up the server when shit hits the fan, and maintaining a smooth gameplay experience.

Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your ULX rank outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

1. Nearly any use of ULX outside of events, as most EMs out of events must act as normal players unless specifically asked to do something or something is needed for an event.

2. More specifically, using administrate to transport with ease around the map

3. Spawning in dupes that may stress the server for event preparation as it should be done in a singleplayer server

Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

Yes, I've been a few ECs that have played an important role in an event in the past, giving me good experience in event RP.

On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?:

About a 5 for the Imperial era, however I've been watching tons of videos and looking at some of the comics so in the near future this will be much higher.

On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?: 

8-10/10

Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

The announcement of the Imperial server has peeked my interest after me and my mates discussed the amount of fun you could have with Imperial events compared to Clone Wars events. After getting more involved with recent events as an EC as well, I feel running events would be really fun to express creativity a few times a week.

Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?:

Most definitely. 

How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?:

Scripts can be easily scripted and rehearsed in advance and debriefs can be easily improvised based off of what happened and who you think did well really. With events I would have a separate monitor display a list of what my plans were for the event with multiple backup options for me to direct players where I want them to go, with the enemy force guiding them towards the objective. The f8 menu is also very useful.

Scenarios:

1. An event doesn't go to plan and Obi-Wan Kenobi is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

Simply have him respawn and remodeled asap, and continue off where we were, most likely the players would have an "Oh shit!" reaction and run away as a full health Kenobi chases them down closer to them than he was before.

2. A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

I would listen to his criticism and take it in, whilst responding with my opinion on his thoughts as sometimes things need to be done in order to keep the server running smooth or to entertain a larger group of people whilst possible shafting a few regiments, you can't always entertain everyone at once.

3. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

I wouldn't need to worry about this in the first place as I would have planned well enough to KNOW that I'm available 100%, but in the slight chance this would happen then I'd make sure to inform any backup EMs or EMs themselves of my event plan for them to continue it by spawning some enemies and finishing off the basic story to it. But I shouldn't have this happen to me in the first place as I would plan a lot in advance.

4. Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

Despawn useless props, cut down on props needed to only what is crucial to the mission, limit enemies to higher health tankier enemies and despawn vehicles.

To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ryM8iUk27IsyrNwKvycBSKK5GsuieIJ2hA7hq1olb4A/edit?usp=sharing

Shit I forgot to post this here.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 7
  • Thinking 1
  • Love 1

You have expressed how excited you are for imperial and it shows in this application and how detailed it is, you know what you're doing and you know how to entertain people for as long as you need to. The event is detailed and unique (I don't know much about imperial lore but epic). You've had experience as staff before and did well in that position. You know ULX and how to utilise your knowledge to make events interesting. 

gonna be a +1 from me -Bright

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Richard shows great enthusiasm towards becoming an event master. He has expressed ongoing amounts on interest through discord, both asking questions and gathering thoughts from players regarding what they think makes a 'great' event. Furthermore, his ULX knowledge, friendly nature and ongoing passion to study Imperial LORE makes him a great candidate for the position. 

Afterall, Richard's decision to ask members of the community what they believe makes a 'great' event and gathering multiple thoughts on particular areas of his event represents his ability to strive if given the opportunity to become an event master.

Goodluck, +1.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm gonna wait a bit before throwing down my opinion but overall the app looks to be very produced.

Good job!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I have finally be able to sit down and read your Application, and to my suprize it's a very well done application. Your Event Idea colour me impress. But I do have one small issue that I spotted.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:01 AM, Tom said:

1. An event doesn't go to plan and Obi-Wan Kenobi is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

Simply have him respawn and remodeled asap, and continue off where we were, most likely the players would have an "Oh shit!" reaction and run away as a full health Kenobi chases them down closer to them than he was before.

You say just respawn him, do you have RP behind this? Players will question how Kenobi survived. Try and explain how he did in Roleplay.

That's the only small issue, the rest is perfect. Your event idea is amazing, I love it. With this, I truely believe you will be great fit to the Event Master team. You said you were a Backup EM once, but you will learn there is more about being a Event Master. You got my +1

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Andy said:

I have finally be able to sit down and read your Application, and to my suprize it's a very well done application. Your Event Idea colour me impress. But I do have one small issue that I spotted.

You say just respawn him, do you have RP behind this? Players will question how Kenobi survived. Try and explain how he did in Roleplay.

That's the only small issue, the rest is perfect. Your event idea is amazing, I love it. With this, I truely believe you will be great fit to the Event Master team. You said you were a Backup EM once, but you will learn there is more about being a Event Master. You got my +1

Thank you for the feedback! 

To add RP to this, I could say something along the lines of 'That Jedi and his magic tricks, he's cut himself a hole in the elevator shaft and has escaped to *Known spot on the map* and is likely to prepare another strike to finish his mission. After him!"

This would give me a good reason to have Kenobi recover at full hp, with only a very small amount of people seeing his ragdoll at the bottom of the elevator shaft who would likely understand what happened. 

If the event was dragging on I would simply say he got away and to finish the mission without Kenobi in mind.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

It’s going to be interesting to watch the way imperial RP plays out with most current clone wars RP Members switching over, I think you’d make a good first impression as an EM on the server.

+1

• Love 1

Your app is pretty well written, the event idea is also good and shows you have a decent grasp of what makes a good event. My main gripe with you is that when you achieve a role you tend to sweat it for a short time, then leave it.

If you actually think you'll stick it out and spend a decent amount of time as EM then it's a +1 from me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Your application is quiet good, you have the right intentions and the ability to do events, obviously you have left roles frequently but I think an EM role would suit you well.

+1 from me  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this