Decker

Got banned for 2 days for something I didn't do

Posted (edited)

Your In-game Name: Decker

Your Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978370703/

Your Steam ID (Find it here:STEAM_0:1:9052487

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who banned you?: Warthog did

Length of the ban?: 2 Days

Reason of the ban?: "Attempted MassRDM"

Why should we unban you?: I will explain the story.

So we were about to start the 8:30 event, and were heading to the LAAT's for takeoff. I jumped in the first LAAT in the line of about 3 or 4, and immediately switched to the co-pilot seat as I was first in. I then sat there with my hands off the keyboard and mouse and was waiting for the event to start. Next thing I know, Warthog jailtped me away and was accusing me of MassRDM. I was confused because I had not done anything. He said that he had logs of me killing people and pasted it in chat, and yes, it did say that I was killing people which confused me even more. While defending myself, we switched maps, and once I loaded in I waited for him to teleport me again so we could continue talking, but he just banned me instead. I honestly did not do anything, and I have spent the last two weeks on the server gaining xp and getting promoted. I have not been banned or warned until now, and have not broken a single rule since joining, so why would I just randomly start killing people out of the blue?

If anything, what I think happened is that, since we changed to the new LAATs (The ones with the laser turret balls on the side) they have been known to randomly kill people if placed a certain way, or if they run too close to it. I think that because I was in the co-pilot seat, and people were running under the wing of my LAAT to get to the ones that were further away, people were running under the wing of the LAAT and were getting killed by the turret entity, which I was controlling, so it showed as me killing people.

TLDR: I got banned for 2 days for killing people when I didn't do anything, and I think it was because people were running under the turrets on the wings of the LAAT that made it look like I was killing people.

Edited by Decker
  • Like 3

+1 For your case, I know the issue it actually happened to me earlier on I was just sitting in the LAAT and it just randomly killed 4 people and after checking logs I was the one who apparently did it.

Not to mention you have been quite the model player over the last couple of days I doubt you'd do something like that intentional. 

• Like 1

+1 Has been a model trooper in Horn and has been very reliable medic, i have heard cases of this happening to others as well and should be tested further to find out what is causing it 

• Like 3

I've looked into it, and have decided to overturn the ban.

Ban Appeal accepted. Your account has been unbanned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1