Sign in to follow this  
Frosty_

Frosty's Trial Event Master Application

Clone Wars Event Master Application

p96Bf1J2f854y67i4B938mEkvsB7xIGmdbJDAW9-Y3BAT0ru3TMpHZfhj3f89-8Aerr8NdbFM-EIxSLZSGAhDoMrZzzaEmSiJIYFxWm3HZfwREcAZuihwEbLOuq0TGE93OpsPnIK

Before applying for event master make sure you understand that you must agree with everything in this thread, These are the rules. Remember at gateway gaming we care for the players above all, Passion takes you further than anything else. You may ask players to post their opinions on your application. Begging for +1's will give you a negative reputation. To all players +1'ing remember your +1 must have context and a reason as to why you as giving your +1. Jokes are also not tolerated.

Pre-requisites:

You must be already active.

You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as an admin you will get stressed, a lot.

You will need to participate in events and in some circumstances, Do events. As well as sits.

You must be 14 years or older, or very mature.

You must understand that your rank can be taken from you at any time.

You agree that you will participate in play on the server at least every other day for longer then an hour or two.

You must understand that as a Trial or otherwise Junior EM, you will be restricted on what you will be allowed to do on word of Senior/High staff, and disrespect to this fact will have consequences.

You must understand that you may not get Admin when applying

You must always be aware of event slot times and be active for them

○You must remember that when you apply for event master that whilst this role may receive the Event Master ulx rank, it is not admin.

Basic Information

Steam Name: [GG]_Frosty

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:103142230

In game alias: Frosty

Time Played: (141 Hours)

Questions:

How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

I like to read lore and legends i love to create interesting events that are based around passive events

Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Yes i play about 2 events a day  

Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:

Yes 

Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

Advance duplicator 2: This tool allows event masters to make a scenario made out of props and copy it so they can place it down for when the event comes around

ULX !GOD: ULX !god is a way to put a player in a mode where he can not take any damage. This player can only be killed by bring slayed by a mod.

Teleporter: Teleporter is very self-explanatory but it creates portals at Point A and B. Once these portals are created players can go through them allowing events to have a faster paste

Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?: 

Yes. Since gmod is such an old game it can barely handle the population of big servers like gateway. When there are 70-80 players on, You have to ensure you have used a well-optimized map and that you don't spawn in to many NPC or to many props as that can lag and crash the server. 

Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your ULX rank outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

Freezing another player on the server outside of an event with your tool gun would be counted as abuse as it ruins the other players time on the server and can really piss some players off.

Abusing your power to spawn in items. It would be unfair if you spawned in an item for yourself that no other players had so you could get an edge.

Slaying another member of the community if an em does this it is usually out of spite and they will face serious consequences. 

Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before: 

On other servers, i have played key passive Event characters. But none on Gateway

On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?:

7-8 ish 

On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?:

3-4 I used to use them but I haven't used them in a while so would need a refresher

Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

Events on the server have been very bland for me and there hasn't been much passive rp and it has mainly just been go there defend and then go there and defend again. I would like to try my best and make more RP situations and have new events instead of just fighting the CIS all the time.

Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?:

Yes!

How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?:

I would like to say i would be able to do it to a successful standard but i haven't done it in a while. 

Scenarios:  

1. An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

I would first stay calm and try to take the players attention off it by getting the republic advisors to tell the troopers that the CIS is pushing their front lines up in a certain direction. For grievous, I would tell the players that grievous was badly injured in combat and fled back to his ship and that he has now gotten back into his command ship and are retreating. In this situation there isn't much you can do but it is something funny to see so it is understandable for players to be laughing.  

2. A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

I would privately PM the player over discord or in-game and I would ask him for feedback on my events as I want to strive to make my events better and the best way to do that is to get feedback from the community. Once he has given his feedback I would kindly ask him to stop bad-mouthing my events and just come to me with any problems he had with that event. 

3. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

I would have made sure that my schedule was free for the event but i would ask another member of the em team that would be on for the event that if i do have to go for him to take over. And if there are no EMs i would ask a mod. At the end of the event, i would apologize to everyone for the inconvenience and thank the person who took over.  

4. Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

I would first try and delete as many unneeded props as i could If this doesn't work i would then start to cut back on the number of NPCs i was using and try to make more of a passive event that doesn't require a lot of NPCs.  

To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_HVuY5KYdqvB7MEMmjvVxqi3ruY5RFF73MA4ZFmo4wo/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uRLq-Q-CN4k5brvBkiiz0bBIKcwB6wxHawy0Fy7X0JQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Frosty_

+1 Good answers and well thought out event ideas. Don't know much about you personally but from your app I'd give you a shot for sure.

Not leaving a -1 or anything considering I don't think I could make a good call as of now, but one piece of advice is to fix up all the grammar and spelling errors in the application. As an EM, these things are pretty important because you are constantly putting in !orders and stuff and when you misspell a word such as 'trial', then a bunch of people on the server aren't going to take your events as seriously as they would if you had fairly good grammar.

I'm not having a go or anything, i'm sure you're a good guy, at least that's the impression I got of you in the short time I was in navy. It's just these types of things kind of matter when you are in the spotlight of the server for an hour as an event master.

• Like 1

Your event concept seems great, your application is well done and from my experience; youve been a mature player ingame. +1

Good Luck

• Like 1

Denied

You may not reapply. 

Due to your past actions on another server;  I’ve chosen to deny you. I do not deem you suitable for EM yet alone any staff role. 

if you wish to know what I mean, feel free to direct message me on discord.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5