Beatroot

Unassigned Commanding Officer - Expression of Interest.

Hey all,

Due to recent events the current Commanding officer of unassigned will be stepping down in the near future, and also their being no one immediately available to take up the responsibility. An expression of interest is being posted to get a reliable and capable individual at the helm of the shinies. The purpose of this post is to give aspiring players eligible for the position a fair chance to step into a commanding role within the server.

Role:

As shinie Co your main objective is to tend to the newer members of the server and essentially help them out. Once newer players have sprung into to perfect little lotus flowers you will be required to help them join a regiment of their choosing. Of course making them feel welcome in their early stages, and ensuring they can operate correctly & achieve the standard set in Gateway Gaming.

Application Prerequisites

1. You must hold the rank of Drill Sergeant or higher, OR have held the rank of 2nd Lieutenant or higher in the past.

2. A minimum of 75 hours of playtime on the server.

3. Not have any more than 5 outstanding warnings from Server Staff.

Do you meet these requirements? Please comment with the following Format:

In-game name:

(eg; 2343 Jimmy)

In-game Rank:

(eg; Warrant Officer (WO)).

Steam Link & ID:

(STEAM:0_0:00000)

Why you want the role, & what will make you a viable candidate:

(I am want it for these reasons. I will be viable for these reasons.)

All those who apply will be contacted by RHC.

Goodluck to you all.

Edited by Beatroot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

In-game name:

5037 Tom

In-game Rank:

Sergeant

Steam Link:

STEAM_0:0:44800507

Why I want the role:

1. Now I believe I've created through poor actions in the past with my roles a bad reputation when it comes to persistence and how long I can stick to my roles for, which heavily effected my last 2 mod apps, and kinda sits in the back of my head that I could've gotten so far within the server if I just stayed and did better, and I want to treat this as my FINAL chance to redeem myself and prove that I am a good Commander and not a has been, and that I am also a very dedicated member of the community who can prove to leave a positive mark on the server and enjoy my time much more again.

2. I don't think I shared this much early on with anyone apart from maybe Morph once, and it may sound like bs but Shiny CO is a role I've always been interested in at least slightly. I love engaging with new troopers and as a former staff and former CO and Shaak Ti I personally enjoy communicating and interacting with newer players, and giving them a great, fun experience during their first day or two in the server, giving them someone they can always fall back to for guidance for when they need help and are uncomfortable talking to people they haven't talked to before and need someone with at least some experience behind him. Also I've made quite a few mates on the server that I interacted with when they first joined especially as Cody being a starter reg CO and it makes the server more enjoyable being able to comfortably talk to a large range of people within the server.

3. Now it may not have seemed like it with my last 2 CO roles, but I do enjoy being in charge and running things in my vision. I will admit it, I stuffed up HARD with 187th and 104th having lasted a week in each roughly and dropping the roles. I believe at the time I said it had to do with school work both times, but looking back at it, I didn't have much of a workload, and it was more the pressure building up in my head of some school work and low numbers, but with having to keep up large numbers in a regiment out of the picture for unassigned, I believe this would be a very fun role for me that I can relax with more and chill with some new players without stress of how many people are on compared to other regiments, am I fulfilling the regiments RP role like flanking and what not like other regiments and one of the most stressful, thinking of new creative training sessions to satisfy troopers who stay in the regiment and want to see new things constantly (Which isn't a problem with new players that come in and out).

4. I also want to fully expand the role of a Shiny CO to not just be some bloke who helps shinies and might have a 2ic and maybe interacts with other regiments in the slightest. That is very plain and simple and the role can be much more.

5. I feel like I've become very disconnected from the community overtime since dropping to the lower ranks, it's a minor thing but it's nice being involved and contributing more to the server 🙂 

What makes me a viable candidate:

1. Experience. I know I have dropped many roles in the past, but at the same time this provides a variety of experience on the server in many different fields, as well as all of the trials and errors I've gone through as a CO before where I have improved on previous avoidable mistakes I've made in the past to build myself as a CO. As well as that, shinies normally need a CO who has a lot of experience to go to for guidance, since they are extremely new to the server and someone with a lot of experience would know how to ease them into the server with personal opinions and tips to help them out on their future journey within the server.

2. Determination. As stated earlier, I badly want to prove as a final chance that I can kinda fix the poor reputation of dropping roles I have by giving this one a shot and going as far as I possible can.

3. Implementations. Now, I'm not going to mention I have currently, but a trait that I have which can be both positive and negative, is that I can think of A LOT of things, but most of the time half of my ideas are garbage because I forget about one important factor, but at the same time, I generally think of enough things to where I can take the good ideas and permanently implement them to Unassigned to improve the experience for new players, and maybe even some ideas that could change major systems within the server that could prove useful to a wider numbers of players.

4. Staff qualities. As mentioned at the start, I have been a staff member before, and some qualities a staff needs to get by would really prove useful for this role, like being approachable to all new players as someone they could look up to and aspire to work towards one day, being friendly to be a positive influence on the newer players since my attitude can also affect the attitudes of many new players, and also knowing how to deal with minges and stressful situations, which is something I have learned to cope with as a challenge I met when I attempted to go for admin.

Now I really hope you guys can take me seriously this time around as I've made many mistakes in the past I wish to make up for. Like what I said at the start, I want this to be my LAST chance at redemption so I can prove to everyone that I'm better than a 1 week CO, and that I can go back to my dedication of when I first joined the server.

Edited by Tom
A paragraph that wasn't needed
  • Like 7
  • Quality Post 1
  • Cringe 2

In-game name:

4419 Lez,

In-game Rank:

(Currently): Private
(Highest Rank Achieved): Colonel

Steam Link/ID:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Serbacus/

(STEAM_0:0:38015118)

Starting this off, the last major role I held on the server before I took my current break I am on now, was Jedi General of Shines, Shaak Ti. Honestly I loved the role, helping out the newer players and finding their interests and helping them find their place on the server was something genuinely fun for me to do, I also appreciated the connections and interactions that were crafted between the other players of the regiments when assisting them in finding newer troopers that would suit their regiment. I'd like to think I'm more than capable to deal with the few ill-mannered minges that come into unassigned, with the experience I've had on the server with my past Commander-ship and how calm-natured I can be when dealing with most scenarios.

I feel as if alot of people try to over-complicate the role of Shiny CO, in my opinion the main role of the Commander is to,
1, Get the troopers into other regiments,
2, Make sure they are well trained and are up the said regiments standards that the player is interested in.
3, Maintain a good connection with current COs and keep an eye to see what they are on the look out for in a player.
4, Help out struggling regiments, perhaps by proposing ideas to the commander or just constantly be on the look out for players who might be interested.
5. Hold regular training's and make a genuine effort to improve the skill level of the players who want to put in the time to learn.
6. Be friendly and want to have the drive to actually want to help people out and not just do it for the rank.

One last thing without sounding like a broken record. I absolutely love and enjoy training troopers, as it's one of my favourite past-times on the server. Another would be creating unique courses for all players to enjoy. For me there is no better feeling than seeing a trooper that you've personally put time into helping out, succeed on the server and go into great roles.

Ending off, I'd like to explain my absence on the server. I've been taking a fair break from gateway as of recent. It was mainly to just ward off getting burnt out on the server and just do some other things with the limited time I had due to work, whilst not feel as obligated to use all of my remaining time solely dedicated to the server. That has been rectified and I currently have boatloads more time to myself now.

This would be role that certainly bring me back to play the server once again and put in the same effort as I have done previously.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and good luck to all the other applicants who have also expressed their interest.

Edited by Serbacus
Added URL
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

In-game name: 

4839 Duck  

In-game Rank: 

(Currently): Private 

(Previously): Captain 

Steam Link & ID: 

STEAM_0:0:85092609

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198130450946  

Why you want the role? 

I have only recently joined back to gateway gaming; I have currently been a member of the community for over a year. In my many hours of Star Wars RP I have tried nearly every role that the server has to offer (Never got to play as a droid sadly 🙁 ). I want to expand my experiences by taking up the role of unassigned commander. I am aware that unassigned commander can be seen as a mingy and easy commander role, but I would like to change that and give it my full effort. I am aware that I have a history of not being the best commander and I would like an opportunity to change that and prove to myself and the rest of the community that I have what it takes to be a commander. Another reason is that unassigned commander is a role that generally interest me, and It has for a while. The relationships that you build with people on the server and the friendships you build is right up my alley.  

what will make you a viable candidate: 

I think that I would make a viable candidate and commander because: 

1. My experience is a big part of what makes me the best candidate for the role. I am aware that some of the other applicates may have more hours on Gateway gaming but for a period of time after leaving the server and joining back I floated around on other servers. I learnt different method and point of view for how regiments should be run from other servers and commanders that other candidates have not. I can offer something new to the role that other applicants don't. 

2. I love training troopers, I have above average skills in climb swep and I can share my secrets with new comers on the server. I would love the opportunity to train people so that they can go to whatever regiment that want. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Serbo has done very good work as Shaak Ti, wouldn't suprised me if he smashed unassigned CO out of the park with his experience and knowledge on how Unassigned CO works.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

In-game name:

2975 Limbo | Razor | Fi Skirata

In-game Rank:

Lieutenant

Steam Link & ID:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198345645358/

STEAM_0:0:192689815

Why you want the role, & what will make you a viable candidate:

I am wanting the position for many reason but the main one is so I can help out the next generation of players on the server and help them get into a regiment that they would like so they can enjoy their time on the server and hopefully stay for a long time, I would also like to help out fellow commanders with their troopers when needed and as Shiny CO I am willing to go above and beyond to help anyone and everyone. 

I will make a viable candidate because I have been around on the server for quite a long time (6-7 months) and have talked to a lot of commanders about issues and matters during after hours giving myself a great understanding of what is expected of a CO and how to deal with certain situations, I also have a lot of experience with being 2nd IC and 3rd IC of regiments I have the experience that is needed for the role of Shiny CO and will be able to make a difference to the server and make an impact to new and old players.

• Cringe 2
  • Thinking 1

On 9/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, Just Duck said:

1. My experience is a big part of what makes me the best candidate for the role. I am aware that some of the other applicates may have more hours on Gateway gaming but for a period of time after leaving the server and joining back I floated around on other servers. I learnt different method and point of view for how regiments should be run from other servers and commanders that other candidates have not. I can offer something new to the role that other applicants don't. 

No one really cares much for time on the server when it comes to these things, they look more at each applicants history rather than playtime. While a stable playtime does contribute to a small percentage its not the main factor.  

Edited by Jesse
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 1
  • Thinking 1

Notice:

Applications close on Friday which is tomorrow. 
Interviews will be held on Saturday & Sunday, and a new CO will be elected/chosen come monday.

Goodluck once again to all current and future applicants.

• Like 2

Application Prerequisites

1. You must hold the rank of Drill Sergeant or higher, OR have held the rank of 2nd Lieutenant or higher in the past.

In-game name:

Bobby

In-game Rank:

Private now but have been a captain

Steam Link & ID:

STEAM_1:0:431023371

Hello, the reason why I want to become a commander for the shines. I always ask this question on the sever to myself, and I would love to be the commander for the great shine company. The reason why you should choose me to become your commander for the wonderful shine company I have many hours on the shine company helping out new players the ropes so they can go on and become commanders themselves. And pay money for regiments which is a win-win in my books. 
Another reason for why I should become the shine commander I barely minge on the sever and never get into trouble from players so that's the reason for why I should become shine commander thankyou.    

•  
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, crabpatty142 said:

Application Prerequisites

In-game name:

Bobby

In-game Rank:

Private now but have been a captain

Steam Link & ID:

STEAM_1:0:431023371

Hello, the reason why I want to become a commander for the shines. I always ask this question on the sever to myself, and I would love to be the commander for the great shine company. The reason why you should choose me to become your commander for the wonderful shine company I have many hours on the shine company helping out new players the ropes so they can go on and become commanders themselves. And pay money for regiments which is a win-win in my books. 
Another reason for why I should become the shine commander I barely minge on the sever and never get into trouble from players so that's the reason for why I should become shine commander thankyou.    

•  

bit late there buddy

• Cringe 1