JamWay

[LFS] Repair droid

Due to properties being restricted for users (Which is something that definitely needs to stay)

Thought I would pop this here for people to look at, it's a repair droid that fills ammo and HP to the max while in the ring

It can also move if a map has a navmesh but for deployments that's not really a big concern they can just land back at LZ, tell me what you think? 

(Old repair tools don't work on LFS)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1775299799

If not that then why not this, If they are able to change the way the prop looks or use it with a dupe it wouldn't affect immersion

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1721667223

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Stooge said:

Cool idea, will look into this.

real

I can just extract the addon and change the model for it so we don't need to sub to another addon just for a repair droid. 

Will have a look into it tonight If i'm not busy.

• Love 1

Very good suggestion, I dont really see a downside to adding this as it could be good for the pilots and adds extra immersion since its a droid

• Like 1

I don't know if there are issues with it but after testing it last night it didn't work, Unsure if that was an error on my half though

32 minutes ago, JamWay said:

I don't know if there are issues with it but after testing it last night it didn't work, Unsure if that was an error on my half though

Which did you test because i know that alot of servers use these and they work, But idk if the devs would need to set them up to work or not.

1 hour ago, JamWay said:

It was the same when me and s8n tested in in the early morning when it got added, it could either be because it needs setting up in the back end, or because of navmeshing on maps not allowing the droid to go anywhere

I tested if it actually repaired and it did turn around and face the last but I didn't notice any changes, perhaps because it doesn't have the model, I will look at it again

1 hour ago, Alluh said:

It was the same when me and s8n tested in in the early morning when it got added, it could either be because it needs setting up in the back end, or because of navmeshing on maps not allowing the droid to go anywhere

I think it's because Anaxes doesn't have AI Noding. 

As far as I am aware, AI noding doesn't affect its repair capabilities only its moving capabilities

Perhaps the model is required for it to work properly or needs some sort of background setup, Unsure

34 minutes ago, JamWay said:

As far as I am aware, AI noding doesn't affect its repair capabilities only its moving capabilities

Perhaps the model is required for it to work properly or needs some sort of background setup, Unsure

I've tried using it before and after I got the model. Still no repairs happening. 

2 hours ago, Spirit said:

I think it's because Anaxes doesn't have AI Noding. 

It also didn't work on the Venator, so it could only work on the event maps we use that do have it.

Yes, i'm fairly certain it requires a nav mesh for the droid to work, It's a pain to make a nav mesh for the map too, I know a fair amount of maps are AI noded so hopefully we can use it on that, regardless, it's on the server 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

The description of the add-on is then misleading, It said it only needed Navmesh to move not to repair, Either way if it works on event maps thats all that matters.

I also noticed that when I downloaded the models that went with it Much of the things on the server turned to errors, I don't know if that's just me though.