Sign in to follow this  
Beatroot

Regiment Agenda/Order Panel

Greetings all,

Recently I have been trying to think of a bunch of useful addons that could be created for the server. Although majority of my ideas have been pretty basic/simple I still obviously think they could be useful. 

The idea I would like to suggest in this post is as the title mentions, a Regimental Agenda. Essentially it could be a small text screen somewhere preferably on the right hand side of your screen due to most addon overlays being on the left, which shows you a set of orders that are currently in place. Much like the agenda from the Darkrp Mafia, Blood, & Crips job it would help provide a clear message as to what is expected of them or where they need to be. 

If there were someway to toggle this overlay so it does not have to be on your screen at all times I think that would also be very beneficial so there is no real downside to having it. Example of use' Young 6969 Timmy of the 7th Sky Corps has just connected to the server after school & has no idea where the rest of his regiment is or where to go. He simply looks at the agenda which says "Attention all 7th Sky Corps we are currently doing Training in portside Hangar", young Timmy then boost to Portside to link up with the rest of his regiment'.

Another Example' An event is about to start and the Commander Simba has just posted his stern expectations for this event, he then informs his troopers to check the Agenda to ensure they know what is expected of them, The agenda reads " All Right you lil pussis, Stick close to me at all times during this event and try to maintain a loose wedge formation ". This would be useful in the sense if someone has just connected they simply accept squad invite and check !rorders (regiment orders) command to see what they need todo.

Now some of you may argue that this makes for less interaction or 'RP' Which to a degree is true, but let me reassure you that a lot of players are nervous when asking something or attempting to send a comms message because they don't want to mess it up or look cringe in the eyes of others. It would allow those shy guys to find out what is going on without feeling uncomfortable. It can also create easier and better structure for Co's when engaging in combat. Once again I can reassure you it is a lot harder than you think trying to count for each trooper in a regiment and ensure that everyone knows what is going on and are engaged. I really do think this regiment would have it's uses and yet again I would personally pay for something of this caliber to created & added.

An example of where the agenda could sit in either outlined section as shown in the following picture:

Inked20190823232354_1_LI.thumb.jpg.8c76faf4c7437c1cb32f782f3a6ae024.jpg

It is another example of something so simple that could be so useful in its essence.

Thank you for your time & I look forward to your responses.

Note; If you choose to leave feedback whether it is for or against this idea please make it constructive, After some answers I have received in the past I really do not think I can emotionally handle stupid comments or neglectful feedback.

• Like 2

i don't think it's detrimental to RP

it'd make sense for troopers' HUDs to display messages pinned by their CO

i can't see any downsides to this suggestion and i think it'd be a useful addon

@Rhino 
As it would be toggleable it wouldn't make that much of an issue, or maybe the other orders could overlap it then they fade away after.
Or even under that section in the yellow outline ? 😄

I do agree, this would be useful for the newer players on the server, I believe this could be a great addon that could be added on the server to show players what is happening in their regiments in the server.

• Like 1

Or a better option would be to config the objectives menu so CO's could set objectives for their regiment . 😎

• Like 3

I could have sworn we had this at some point early on but even if we haven't I have had experience with it on darkrp, we used to use it as the mayor / chief of police to organise the random officers. I think the main difference between using this for darkrp and this server is that on darkrp most servers lack a form of communication / teamwork with their police force whilst regiments on the server have been hand picked and during events should have access to some form of comms.

Basically, I don't see how it could be all that useful, It will just lead to commanders stopping to type even more than they already do when they have to do their republic comms shit. Use your squad comms or TS chat properly and this wont be a thing you need. 

• Shocker 1

21 minutes ago, Graves said:

I could have sworn we had this at some point early on but even if we haven't I have had experience with it on darkrp, we used to use it as the mayor / chief of police to organise the random officers. I think the main difference between using this for darkrp and this server is that on darkrp most servers lack a form of communication / teamwork with their police force whilst regiments on the server have been hand picked and during events should have access to some form of comms.

Basically, I don't see how it could be all that useful, It will just lead to commanders stopping to type even more than they already do when they have to do their republic comms shit. Use your squad comms or TS chat properly and this wont be a thing you need. 

Yes, the idea is based off of darkrp police/gangster agenda, but our gamemode isn't derived from darkrp anymore, so something like this will have to be custom made. I think @Rhino is having a crack at it. 

• Like 1

Good idea @Beatroot , I can see regiments using this very well as we've all had the "what we doing boys" conversation at some stage on the server.

I do agree with @s8ncaat however in including it in the Objective menu, maybe as Regimental Objectives or as you said Regiment Agenda. that way its literally at the push of a button, just in case new players forgot the specific command or what have you.

Still very cool thank you 🙂

• Like 1

I'm sure @Rhino could explain it in detail more, he already has some designs and ideas for it.

• Like 1

@Aussi
Current plan is to revamp the objectives system with a nice face-lift, some optimisation and some new features for the EM's to use. Additions would include regimental specific objectives (not the agenda) as well as your typical global ones and the option to have waypoints for these objectives. I'll most likely add the agenda as its own tab in the menu with a toggle for showing it on your HUD as well for those who don't want to see it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Rhino 
Sounding epic, would it be viable to set it so let's say players above the rank of Warrant Officer, could adjust the regiment specific agenda/objective? I feel it would work best if All officers could create,update, & remove set objs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beatroot said:

@Rhino 
Sounding epic, would it be viable to set it so let's say players above the rank of Warrant Officer, could adjust the regiment specific agenda/objective? I feel it would work best if All officers could create,update, & remove set objs.

Plan is to make it based on job code rank so It'll be easy as to set up for officers to set the agenda etc.

• Love 1

Couldn'y we make it so it makes it that the highest ranking troop on the server at that time can do the orders? This is a better solution imo

• Confused 1

I think he means instead of any officer rank in that reg being able to use the command the highest rank on would be able to do it instead. But that would require more work I think so I don't know why you guys would do that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Graves said:

I think he means instead of any officer rank in that reg being able to use the command the highest rank on would be able to do it instead. But that would require more work I think so I don't know why you guys would do that. 

yeah that sounds very complex and tbh uneccesary

Just read this now, I gotta say I like the idea of giving new players a bit of help. I have no issue with this being added OTHER than it being a toggle-able thing. 🙂

• Like 1