Cerberus

Changing Pilots

All right second post in a few moments

This one is about 13th in a lore type of thing.

13th isn't really a lore regiment they don't have any lore characters and don't have a Jedi General

However, there are Clone Pilots squads that do have Lore characters and do have a Jedi General.

My overall suggestion is for pilots we mix a bunch of clone squadrons and make them into something else. These squads would include but aren't limited to Shadow Squadron and Clone Flight Squad Seven but could also include Blue Squadron and Gold Squadron

Making these changes could bring in new lore characters for donators such as 'Broadside' 'Matchstick' 'Tag' 'Axe' 'Slammer' 'Tucker' and 'Oddball'

Included with these changes provides the opportunity for Pilots to use a larger range of ships like V-19 bombers

Overall these changes would allow donator classes within Pilots, the use of more ships and allowing for more slots within pilots which could be allowed if my other suggestion which you can read here 

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion and i hope you guys like it

• Like 2

13th/Any iteration of pilots always have Sasee Tin as their Jedi General. 
I think this change could be useful, especially since we have so many pilot models sitting around never being used

The bit on Pilots not being able to use V-19 Bombers, What's restricting the current 13th? Slightly confused there.

I'm of the opinion that tying 13th to Navy only served to hamper it in the first place. I'd love to see them be able to be their own entity again.

• Like 2

Combine them with 38th armoured divison, haha im v funny

• Quality Post 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Coric said:

The bit on Pilots not being able to use V-19 Bombers, What's restricting the current 13th? Slightly confused there.

It’s bit so much restricting more rather boring as hell. Think if you were a pilot you would want to fly more than two ships constantly, it gets a bit repetitive and there isn’t much of a challenge 

As I percieved it, pilots in all iterations never functioned well as an independant regiment due to the very temporary nature of it's commanders, with most not keeping the role for long. Attaching pilots to navy was just a measure that ensured there was always a big navy man keeping an eye on things when there wasnt an active pilot with a rank high enough to do it for them.

If it is shown that a suitable commander is willing to oversee the regiment and actually stick around longer than a few weeks, then i see no serious reason why pilots could not once again become an independant regiment.

It had just become a stupid cycle of new CO, pilots become independant, CO leaves, pilots merge with navy. If you believe that cycle can be broken, all power to you.

• Like 3

Keeping Pilots within navy will always (in my eyes) be the best course of action due to the fact, as Budds said, no CO's have stuck around long enough to keep Pilots independent. Even if this squadron thing would be added, you then have a mixed issue of the Pilot CO repeating the cycle that Budds stated, but also if you want to have those type of lore characters that are attached to regiments you're then left with split groups, though they may be apart of the same regiment, attaching certain lore characters to regiments would keep them distant from the actual Pilot regiment aside from when you do training or that sort of thing because they would be more focused on doing RP and the sort with the regiment they're connected with, and if that's the case you may as well bring back Regimental pilots which have never worked out and by doing that you then lose your independent pilot regiment again.

1 hour ago, Budds said:

As I percieved it, pilots in all iterations never functioned well as an independant regiment due to the very temporary nature of it's commanders, with most not keeping the role for long. Attaching pilots to navy was just a measure that ensured there was always a big navy man keeping an eye on things when there wasnt an active pilot with a rank high enough to do it for them.

If it is shown that a suitable commander is willing to oversee the regiment and actually stick around longer than a few weeks, then i see no serious reason why pilots could not once again become an independant regiment.

It had just become a stupid cycle of new CO, pilots become independant, CO leaves, pilots merge with navy. If you believe that cycle can be broken, all power to you.

I reckon that cycle is over now Bolo is a great commander and as shown no intentions of leaving and if he does I am ready to step up as 2ic and I don’t intend on leaving pilots in the foreseeable future. 

41 minutes ago, Alluh said:

Keeping Pilots within navy will always (in my eyes) be the best course of action due to the fact, as Budds said, no CO's have stuck around long enough to keep Pilots independent. Even if this squadron thing would be added, you then have a mixed issue of the Pilot CO repeating the cycle that Budds stated, but also if you want to have those type of lore characters that are attached to regiments you're then left with split groups, though they may be apart of the same regiment, attaching certain lore characters to regiments would keep them distant from the actual Pilot regiment aside from when you do training or that sort of thing because they would be more focused on doing RP and the sort with the regiment they're connected with, and if that's the case you may as well bring back Regimental pilots which have never worked out and by doing that you then lose your independent pilot regiment again.

I don’t really see the lore characters being separated from the non lore characters, obviously there is more RP to them but that’s also what I am trying to achieve for pilots in general. With the two suggestions I have proposed I think some great changes can come about and allow for more RP 

Perhaps, if the pilots truly want this change to occur, can undergo a bit of a transitionary phase. I'm sure, if confident that Bolo can lead it properly that Cuffs would be willing to let 13th have some wiggle room.

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I don’t really see the lore characters being separated from the non lore characters, obviously there is more RP to them but that’s also what I am trying to achieve for pilots in general. With the two suggestions I have proposed I think some great changes can come about and allow for more RP 

I dont doubt they would be great changes, it's more to the fact that Pilots as a whole is a very unappealing regiments regardless of what has been done with it. Sure you might get these changes implemented and it will increase interest for a week or 2 but after that it will die down and people will again lose interest in it. Like Budds said if you can get a solid commander and implement these effectively then go for gold.

Edited by Alluh

Just make you're squadrons inside of Navy. You don't need to follow out this ideology of becoming a separate regiment from Navy, instead work around the current state of pilots and introduce your squadrons. From there, the Navy CO can guide and assist where needed, this will overall prevent any issues as stated above by both @Alluh and @Budds.

Overall, I think you should retain your positions within the Navy as it would provide you with more positives over negatives.

• Like 2

I do agree, I would like to see a change in pilots becoming their own regiment/thing. They would have more flexability having their own regiment, plus it would give them bit more slots to work around with. Not a lot of people are interested in becoming a pilot themselves, but most of them that do, actually enjoy being a pilot.

I’ve seen pilots go in and out so many times I’ve lost count the amount of disbandments that ran in the pilots family tree, so to speak. Pilots as a seperate regiment never works out hence why it became a sub company for Navy.

19 hours ago, Jesse said:

I’ve seen pilots go in and out so many times I’ve lost count the amount of disbandments that ran in the pilots family tree, so to speak. Pilots as a seperate regiment never works out hence why it became a sub company for Navy.

Out of interest when was the last time pilots disbanded and also how long until they were brought back.

29 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Out of interest when was the last time pilots disbanded and also how long until they were brought back.

Don't quote me on this, but the last time I remember pilots as an independent regiment was back in 2017 then LFS was added and Ajax and I started up 13th earlier this year. So a long time, because they were then added to regimental pilots and navy sub companies multiple times within that time period and every time it never worked out so it became a huge meme within the Commanders meetings to ask when pilots were coming back because of how often they failed.

Edited by Alluh

1 hour ago, Alluh said:

Don't quote me on this, but the last time I remember pilots as an independent regiment was back in 2017 then LFS was added and Ajax and I started up 13th earlier this year. So a long time, because they were then added to regimental pilots and navy sub companies multiple times within that time period and every time it never worked out so it became a huge meme within the Commanders meetings to ask when pilots were coming back because of how often they failed.

I think that after two years it’s time to give the new pilots another chance to be separated from navy and to do our own RP. Already with the new map pilots are separated from navy and conducting our own RP with air patrols and the sort. 

2 hours ago, Alluh said:

For some clarification, Pilots were brought back around the start of the year as 24th Nier Squadron, which was originally led by @Beatroot. however he lost interest and past the torch to me. The main issue I had with pilots was inspiring dedication within the regiment with most of my troopers as at the time, pilots were barely used for events and when they did the lag would cause them to slip up resulting in us getting a bad name just because we didn't get that 60 FPS 20 ping life style that event masters dream of. Of course with this being said I felt it was in the best interests for 24th to disband as despite my best efforts it didn't function as a Stand Alone regiment.

I commend those who think its a good idea and hopefully they can succeed where I have failed, but history shows that pilots doesn't work as stand alone and thats proven every year.  But hopefully things change around this time huh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aussi said:

For some clarification, Pilots were brought back around the start of the year as 24th Nier Squadron, which was originally led by @Beatroot. however he lost interest and past the torch to me. The main issue I had with pilots was inspiring dedication within the regiment with most of my troopers as at the time, pilots were barely used for events and when they did the lag would cause them to slip up resulting in us getting a bad name just because we didn't get that 60 FPS 20 ping life style that event masters dream of. Of course with this being said I felt it was in the best interests for 24th to disband as despite my best efforts it didn't function as a Stand Alone regiment.

I commend those who think its a good idea and hopefully they can succeed where I have failed, but history shows that pilots doesn't work as stand alone and thats proven every year.  But hopefully things change around this time huh?

right I wasnt around at that time

• Thanks 1