Sign in to follow this  
TheRealPapawade

Papawade's Developer Application

Developer Application Template

If you have any experience in development, you have the ability to apply that skill and help out Gateway. You will have free reign over what you make, however, It'll be up to the Server Manager and Executive Staff who decide whether or not It's beneficial for the server and If it ends up getting implemented.

Checklist:

Steam Profile Link: 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/papapapapapawade/

In-Game Name:

Smoke

Teamspeak Name:

Papawade

Playtime (Server you are wanting to develop for): Star wars RP  24 hours 

Questions:

Depending on what field you are knowledgeable on, use either the Programming questions, Model Creation and Texture Artist or the Level Design template/s. More than one area can be filled out.

Programming:

Known Programming Languages:

Lua, HTML, C#, css, javascript, nodejs, python, MySQL and bat

What content did you want to create for Gateway?

The content I would like to create for the server is things like anti cheats, exploit patches and anything else the community or the owners would like me to add.

Have you created any scripts or content (If so, provide below)?

Anit cheat: The scripts I have created are things like anti-cheats so it lowers the chance of someone getting away with cheating and no ban.

Anti exploit: I can also patch exploits so the server is less exploitable like for example if someone had an exploit menu and wanted to lag the server I could make it so the exploit doesn't work, and they get banned for trying to exploit the server.

Optimizations: I have made some optimizations for servers and if you don't know what optimizations it is essentially making something more effective or work better, so I could add a script to make the server run better and the players could have an increase of fps so you wouldn't really lag.

Gamemodes: I have helped make the game mode with the museum I made the game mode with hypo, and I am currently making another game mode, so I could make the servers game mode better as well.

Discord bots: I have made a discord bots whether they are to spam a discord server and crash people are the whether they are to help people I made a reporting system on the bot as well so if people need to report someone you can.

Websites: I have made a lot of websites and I have also made forms for people etc.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

unknown.png

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

TOS:

It's important to recognize that IF you become a Developer for Gateway Gaming, the content you possibly provide is for the use on Gateway Gaming ONLY. If you are caught distributing any content without the permission of the Executive Staff team, you will be community banned.

Do you agree to this?

I Papawade agree with this terms

Good luck with your application, thank you for applying.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)

From my experiences with Papwade i have learned of how well he can patch exploits from when i helped start a server plus he is a solid developer and can protect servers really well even with one of the first anti-cheats he had ever made i never saw anyone bypass it so i +1 this application.

Good Luck! 

Edited by Toes
  • Like 2

I'm going to clear up this comments section, make sure if you're actually going to give feedback to somebody that it's valid. Make sure your responses aren't hostile either, that goes for everyone.

• Like 3

-1 never heard of you seems like your not really taking this seriously as you just retaliated on comments made towards you negatively. 

• Like 1

Thank for the constructive advice I will try to improve on my behaviour. 

But I think you can  understand why I was hostile towards people trying to ruin my credibility.

I can say without a doubt he is one of the smartest people I have met online. He has made plenty of game servers and is amazing when it comes to gmod server development. He knows how to patch almost every exploit so you know your server will be safe with him on it. Lua is like his first language and he can make you any addon you can't even think of yet. I +100 this man because it's a loss to the server if he doesn't get developer.

• Like 1
  • Quality Post 3

@Evoz You would need to read the code to see if it looks similar first and what is so similar because I have never been on Colossal. 

As well as how many developers make anti cheats and patch exploits etc .

30 hours is very low, I wanna see you in the community for longer for me to trust you with developer within the server.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@tom

Time doesn't always matter my skill does and I know I can make an impact on the server.

Edited by TheRealPapawade
  • Dumb 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

After speaking with you quite a bit - I'm pleased with seeing this application being made.
It's nice to see you make the attempt towards positive progress and future relationship with the Gateway Gaming community instead of the negative alternative.
I'll hold out any +/- vote for now, as I would like to see other community members present feedback.

But also, this.

Edited by Vyve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

First of all, it should be noted that other people’s +1/-1 should be ignored. You should only leave your opinion here if you are A. Involved in the recruiting process of a developer. Or B, either you are a developer yourself or have experience in development and not Only have a valid concern for an applicants application but also “Know what the fuck is up” in terms of what it takes to be a developer. Thought I would leave this comment to all the idiots here grilling this young man, snap out of it, he builds add ons and websites, you build super Mario maker levels. I’ll read through this tomorrow and highlight anything I think you should maybe elaborate on if I deem it worth my time. 

Edit: All work done for this community, From Level design too Coding and everything in between is valid work for a portfolio that can be used to score a job in real life or gain entrance into a relevant university course. Gateway is a great opportunity to further develop your skills for the development workforce. Goodluck on your application !! 🙂

Edited by Cuffs
  • Like 5
  • Dumb 1
  • Quality Post 2
  • Love 1

Any chance you could provide some examples of the things you've made for Garry's mod beyond the brief description? As the pictures are either discord bots or screenshots of a website layout, cheers.

• Like 1

Aren't you the guy who gave yourself head admin on the server and continued to ban people from the server? 

We have community banned people for a lot less harmful acts done to the server. Don't even know why this is still up to be honest. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

@Ren Bruh May have done but that could be more of a reason to make me dev and less because I know how to patch it so other players can't do that. So if someone were to come on the server they would get banned. I know trust is hard to earn and easy to lose but when I did that I wasn't all there and I have apologies and made peace with the owner.

Edited by TheRealPapawade

Your previous record, in my eyes, is not something to flaunt as if it'll garner you more respect on this application. The fact that you did indeed orchestrate an attack on the server and then subsequently use that for justification for us to accept your application is completely and utterly asinine. Possibly in the future I wouldn't be adverse to giving you a positive vote, but at the present you've done little but parade around your skills on the forums, spend some time in the community and prove what you say about your previous transgressions, as opposed to simply giving your word over the forums.

1 minute ago, Ajax said:

Your previous record, in my eyes, is not something to flaunt as if it'll garner you more respect on this application. The fact that you did indeed orchestrate an attack on the server and then subsequently use that for justification for us to accept your application is completely and utterly asinine. Possibly in the future I wouldn't be adverse to giving you a positive vote, but at the present you've done little but parade around your skills on the forums, spend some time in the community and prove what you say about your previous transgressions, as opposed to simply giving your word over the forums.

its the equivalent of shooting up the White House and then applying to be head of the secret service

• Like 3

The server has done excellent without you, and I am sure it would continue to do so if it stayed that way.

You boasted to me about how you have ruined servers etc and practically shut them down. Then in the same sentence said you were a mad lad developer. There is nill you could do to ever make me trust you. You are stubborn, & Moronic. You have made one of the worst entrances to this community I have ever seen and I'd personally pay someone to create the same content as you in order to not have your content put on the server.

You also seem desperate for this role although your involvement with the community is non-exsitent. I see no reason behind your motives nor do I understand what you are thinking to develop for Gateway, and as I said aforementioned we do not need you.

Strong -1 from me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRealPapawade said:

@Cuffs I need to explain it more in dms so you could understand what happened but yeah.

I understand the situation, I suggest you make the exploit known to S8n or Stooge and make an apology to those you affected on the forums.

17 hours ago, Cuffs said:

I understand the situation, I suggest you make the exploit known to S8n or Stooge and make an apology to those you affected on the forums.

I have made exploits known to S8n and I have apologies whether it was public or not the community manager understood the situation that  I was in and thats the reason why I don't have a community ban.

• Dumb 1

@Beatroot U don't have to trust me and yes the server does run well but if someone has the same knowledge about cheating etc and let's say they don't like gateway, or they want to fuck around the server has 0 protection and how well will the server run then. I can't talk to you about earning trust because I don't think that's how I should earn't if I can earn it but I will  keep adding to the community with fixes etc. I can improve the server and make matter and more protected against other hackers and people trying to bypass bans.

• Dumb 1
  • Haha 2