s8ncaat

Display In-game Level or In-game Kills?

Scoreboard Feature  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer be displayed on the scoreboard?

Hey everyone, want to keep this post nice and short. Basically, I would like everyone to vote on what they would prefer the most.

1) See everyone's in-game levels on the scoreboard.

2) See everyone's in-game kills on the scoreboard.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

Honestly levels since it shows who are quite experienced on the server and who you might be able to approach for help.

• Like 3
  • Quality Post 1

Just now, Solid Snake Rock hard said:

Will kills via entities count (turrets hehe xd)????

I think so? I'm pretty sure it still detects whether or not you used an entity to kill something with.

• Confused 1

I personally don't see much of a point to frag counts. For the majority of the time on the server (that being in between events and downtime) kills mean screw all. 

• Like 1

This is just for the meantime, I was going to talk to @Rhino about possibly altering the scoreboard, making it a little wider so we can fit kills AND levels and some other cool stuff. But that won't be for a little.

• Thanks 4

Kills, personally, I don't really see much of a point of showing level when all it really means is you get extra 5 hp, also a new player shouldn't rely on looking at someone's level instead of looking at a staff rank or clone rank like 2nd LT+ to get help

• Like 3

6 hours ago, s8ncaat said:

I think so? I'm pretty sure it still detects whether or not you used an entity to kill something with.

When I was last in Horn with the old frag system turrets would never add kills to our counter, it could be different now but if the system is the same as last time I doubt it will work.

I personally want frags though because it played a part in why I used to enjoy events much more than I do now, since there were upwards of 5 people at lease silently competing over who gets top frags, just for some boy in ARF to one shot every B1 and get it.

It could also help regiments who don't play major RP roles in events stand out more and show their efforts through sheer droid kills that could possible help them achieve a placement more often, who knows.

Kills being displayed would better allow reg. CO's to determine someone's activity / success during an event. Levels just show that you've been on the server for a while.

Bring back the kills!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

lol, frags. bcus your kill count in a 18fps event is the true indication of skill.

Kills are useless and are mere chance in an event. Levels makes much more sence as it is also an indication of kills

Not only that, but any event master would dominate the scene bcus it will once again become common place to end every event with a davy crocket just to mop up the left over kills

Edited by Cuffs
  • Like 5

Gotta truly go with levels here folks, like people have already stated, kills are basically useless. I think for a cadet, a newer player or even someone like me that is about level 80 still might go to someone of a higher level, seeing that they (probably) would have more experience than me.

Posted (edited)

I would be happy with levels if there were a prestige system in place like what it used to be, quite a lot of people are approaching/have already reached rank 100 and at some point levels will be irrelevant when everyone hits that cap. 

*Edit* Some of the most experienced players I know on the server or staff with a lot of knowledge aren't even too high level. So I'd agree with what was stated earlier of how cadets shouldn't be looking at levels, and instead staff and ranks. 

Edited by Tom

I have tried to reinforce the idea in my regiment that kills don't matter too much and shouldn't be chased after, rather just focus on the objective and doing your job, but I think that showing kills as a statistic will diminish that. Showing levels helps people get a general idea of how much time someone has been on the server and how experienced they likely are, meanwhile kills shows nothing but how much someone has held M1 and will cause people to run around and chase kills to showcase their vanity.

• Like 1

Let me load my guns and quickly display that I can snake kills with an RPS at 2 fps, now that's gaming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like how people are bashing people who want kills just for having an opinion, big yikes

2 minutes ago, Dust said:

I like how people are bashing people who want kills just for having an opinion, big yikes

I don't see how offering an opposing opinion to the existing opinion could be construed as bashing but alright my man.

Just now, Spirit said:

I don't see how offering an opposing opinion to the existing opinion could be construed as bashing but alright my man.

not saying everyone is, but some are???

Posted (edited)

I think Kills incite some friendly competition of course however when things like suicide, deaths and other random garbage affect your frag number it overall gives an inaccurate score.

However I personally feel that levels are useful to gauge who a person is and their "Skill Level" more then "Look I got 150 Kills in this one event I swear" since the scoreboard doesn't save frags after map change. I know it helps me find out who is new to the server and who is not. For example if someone says a new player has come to the server to minge and he's a shiny but didn't know the name. I'd be able to guess the level 1 CT 3843 Chungas is the minge as opposed to Level 45 CT 4865 Apollo.

But thats just food for thought, hopefully the scoreboard gets changed so we can get both who knows?

that being said I voted for kills at 4 am so maybe I'm a hypocrite >:^]

Edited by Aussi
  • Like 1

I think it would be nice to have it optional and toggleable via a !scoreboard command or something like that.
I believe it would get people more engaged in events and allow for some friendly competition, but I also see the negatives.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2019 at 1:56 PM, Dust said:

retarded statement lol

1 hour ago, Cuffs said:

retarded statement lol

yea kinda true tbh, just woke up at the time /me shrugs