Sign in to follow this  
Dan the Clone

Crashing everytime i go to back of ship

Idk why put whenever I get to the back of the ship and in the main hanger my gmod suddenly insta crashes. Idk why this happens if anyone and help please do.

A stranger issue. I'll ask a couple of questions first:

What's the quality of your  computer? It seems to be the two areas you are describing are areas that display the total map and thus all players in it. For most, this is a dip in frames but I doubt it'd be in the realm of impossiblity for everything to fry out and your game to die.

Secondly, is this solely on this server/map? Or is this a common issue across all GMOD servers you play on?

Obviously the first and easiest course of action is to verify your file integrity. You can do this by finding gmod in your steam library list, right clicking and selecting 'Properties'.

Navigate to 'Local Files' and select 'Verify integrity of game files...'

14caca8ddbb4725562447ef561fba064.png

once this process finishes, retest the issue.

If that doesnt fix your problem, it may be an issue with your installed addons. Disable or uninstall all of your addons whilst in the gmod main menu and retest the issue. If the issue is fixed by this method, you unfortunately have the new job of enabling your addons one at a time to locate the problematic addon.

It is recommended that you only install the addons in our !content list while playing on the server, as conflicts from other addons may be causing your problem. Post here if the issue continues.

• Thanks 1

IF IT ONLY HAPPENS ON THE ONE MAP:

Uninstall the map and then re-install it. One of your map files could be corrupted or something along those lines.

Make sure you unsubscribe from the map, and then go to your gmod addons folder and delete the .gma for the map by using the search bar.

Gmod tends to neck itself if it tries to render a corrupt texture or file.

You could try Verifying your game cache but that will only fix the problem if the problem lies within your gmod game install.

IF IT HAPPENS ON OTHERS:

If Coric is correct when he says that the areas you're referring to render the whole map, and the crashes happen when the whole map is loaded then the problem probably lies within your hardware. How much memory does your PC have? and are your drivers for your CPU n GPU up to date?

It's not commonly known but for Gateway and a lot of other servers, you should have at least 8gb of ram. Gmod likes to load things as needed and Gateway has a lot of custom content. This means that you will be loading the models and textures for the map, as well as each individual players model and weapon models into your ram so that they can be displayed on the screen. This is displayed if you open up the q menu and click through all of your add-ons, you'll notice a significant performance drop. And potentially when the entire map and all of its contents are being rendered at once, you may crash.

Do a fresh reinstall of Gmod and make sure you have at least 8gb of ram

You could try Verifying your game cache but that will only fix the problem if the problem lies within your gmod game install.

Tip:

Lastly, remove all add-ons that aren't required to play on gateway. This is just good practice and removes the possibility of addons clashing with each other.

Edited by Cuffs
  • Thanks 2

Well I have sorta fixed the issue, I have uninstalled all my Addons and reinstalled the server ones only. I can now go to back of ship and in main hanger but still can’t go to some parts of the map without crashing. It only happens for the venator map but completely fine on the other maps on the server like the FOB base (idk map name)

7 minutes ago, Dan the Clone said:

Well I have sorta fixed the issue, I have uninstalled all my Addons and reinstalled the server ones only. I can now go to back of ship and in main hanger but still can’t go to some parts of the map without crashing. It only happens for the venator map but completely fine on the other maps on the server like the FOB base (idk map name)

Are you able to replicate the issue in singleplayer?

If so then it's more then likely a problem with your game install or your graphics drivers.

Before you do anything, check your graphics settings, Go into your settings and choose every option that has the "*" symbol next to it and its in bold lettering.

If you're able to replicate it in singleplayer then reinstall gmod entirely.

Make sure you make a copy of your addons folder somewhere on your computer, then delete and re-install.

After gmod is reinstalled just copy your addons folder back over(that way you won't have to redownload the addons aswell).

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 11:15 PM, Dan the Clone said:

when I didn’t have addons installed and went on server I didn’t crash but when I reinstalled I crashed

What are your PC Specs?

57 minutes ago, Dan the Clone said:

8 gigs of ram, AMD A4-5300 APU with radeon HD Graphic 3.4GHz

I do recall reading something about APU's having problems running Gmod(APU's wernt very common back when source was released) because there was a command that would cause problems with the integrated graphics.

There's a chance that the Venator map has it enabled.

Try disabling HDR if you can, other then that im afraid i cant help you.

If you want, next time im in teamspeak, we can hop on a teamviewer and I can take a look at the problem myself, If that intrests you, PM me and ill let you know when

Edited by Cuffs

14 hours ago, Cuffs said:

I do recall reading something about APU's having problems running Gmod(APU's wernt very common back when source was released) because there was a command that would cause problems with the integrated graphics.

There's a chance that the Venator map has it enabled.

Try disabling HDR if you can, other then that im afraid i cant help you.

If you want, next time im in teamspeak, we can hop on a teamviewer and I can take a look at the problem myself, If that intrests you, PM me and ill let you know when

ok thank you for the help