Sign in to follow this  
Tops

Nexoit abuse report.

Gateway Gaming | Staff Report 

spacer.png

Posting in this section since there isn't one for TS3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your In-game Name: Tops

Your Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198102845479/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who are you reporting?

Nexoit

Why are you reporting them?

I believe I was unfairly banned by Nexoit due to his regrets about sending such insensitive messages about a valuable member of the Gateway community. In the ban reason, Nexoit claimed I had received multiple warnings about having the avatar, this is wrong. Nexoit only gave me a single warning in which he did not even threaten any form of punishment, he simply said it would be taken further, this is ambiguous and I don't see why I should receive a ban after such a vague warning.

As for the image itself, it was from a staff meeting so I guess it could be said that i was leaking staff chat. In this case however I don't think it really matters as it didn't really reveal anything other than how insensitive Nexoit is.

What outcome do you wish to see?

The ban is only one day so I don’t really mind whether or not that gets revoked, I would like to see Nexoit reprimanded in some way.

Evidence (If possible): 

I was AFK when i was moved. unknown.png?width=400&height=13

Banned 2 minutes later. unknown.png?width=400&height=13

The only warning i received. unknown.png?width=400&height=24

The insensitive avatar. (I'm going to delete this so it doesn't cause any further issues. DM the image to @Ajax please. - s8n)

• Like 1
  • Dumb 2
  • Quality Post 1
  • Angry React 1

Posted (edited)

Why would you have that as you’re avatar in the first place?

Edited by Yoho
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Right. 

The issue at hand was your TS avatar which was both leaking of staff chat, and insensitive to be displayed. What was said was done privately within a staff meeting and was taken harshly out of context.

I have removed your ts avatar a total of 6-8 times? From that you were also given a firm warning on displaying it further after you reposted it twice. I held my tongue and deleted it a further 4-6 times from that point as I didn't want to have to ban someone for something so small and immature.  Each time I removed your avatar you knew it wasn't acceptable, that in itself is a clear warning from the previous. Fact is, you did it and continued to do it because you were under the impression it would annoy and create frustration. Something since being removed from the staff team you have attempted to do for many. Such as destroying CG documents that you created to help and provide them with structure.

If you want to be around and within this community. Thats good to hear Tops, however behaviour purely made to minge and attempt to frustrate others will not be tolerated.

The ban is for 1 day, take it on the chin and resolve the issue. It never had to come to this. If you have further questions then feel free to reply or message me privately. 

Cheers

Edited by Nexoit
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Quality Post 1

21 minutes ago, Nexoit said:

The ban is for 1 day, take it on the chin and resolve the issue.

This is a staff report, not a ban appeal.

26 minutes ago, Nexoit said:

you were also given a firm warning on displaying it further after you reposted it twice.

"If you post Staff meeting chat again I'll be passing it on further" is not a firm warning. As I said in my first post, your 'warning' was vague, it was the only warning I got despite you claiming I got multiple. You didn't even 'pass it on further', you moved me to a channel for two minutes while i was afk and then banned me.

29 minutes ago, Nexoit said:

behaviour purely made to minge and attempt to frustrate others will not be tolerated.

Is making fun of someones suicide attempt tolerated?

As far as the other accusations in your reply, I am making a staff report, they are not really relevant.

Whilst Nexoit's comment was callous and for that he has been reprimanded amongst other things, the comment was intended to be light-hearted to ease a tense situation - it's evident it's been construed differently. Though, any point you tried to make was devalued by your own attempts to react, I've heard from multiple sources that you replaced your avatar countless times after it being deleted and continued despite being told otherwise. Despite the warning lacking in severity or being 'ambiguous' , the intent to discourage you from continuing this action was clear. This situation has been rectified to the greatest of both mine and @s8ncaat's ability, however, if you have any further worries of misconduct do not hesitate to contact us. Though, the fact that Staff Chat was leaked has not escaped our notice, despite your absence at that particular and such shall be investigated further.