Ace

Ace's / Layze's Trial Moderator Application.

Posted (edited)

Clone Wars Moderator Application Template

hroRjWk.png

Checklist:

Do you have TS3 Installed?

Solid copy.

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes, I want people to have fun on the server and the community.

Are you willing to test your stress?

Of course I am. In my time as staff previously on other servers and as Event Master on this one, I've had more than a fair share of stress, I've been able to handle it fairly well in my opinion.

List your current playtime: 

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/45.121.211.150:27400/top_players/?query=Clive About 500 hours, plus my other name Ace™

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

I sure am. I like to find new things to do in terms of staffing, RP and gameplay. I'll find new ways to approach situations even from Senior Staff, or other Trial Moderators or the Event Masters.

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

Honestly no, for the most part there's no negatives. I do see some things I wouldn't like to, but it's nothing gamebreaking. Everyone handles their jobs well.

Requirements:

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:443418912

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198847103552/

Current in game alias:

4014 Layze, RC-1241 LCP 'Ace' and Commander Zyrathe Farnax.

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you): 

I'm at a good 8 right now. I put myself out there quite a bit, I'm very vocal in OOC chat and in comms, on the forums etc. Plus during my time as EM people got to know me more and more.

How will you becoming a moderator make an impact on the community?

I like to think of myself as a player who basically lives on the server, playing 9-10+ hours a day, so I'm very active. I'm very dedicated to my roles as well, me becoming a moderator obviously won't make the Community implode or become this great big thing because I'm just another person but from my previous roles in and out of the server as T-Mod, Mod, Admin, Senior Admin etc, I've learned what to do in a staff position. Obviously though, I'm not the best and I know that.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

Yes, I'm very active on Teamspeak, I mainly hang out in 22nd's, Vyve's channel and Lunar's channel. I joined the CRM meeting last night, I also frequently join EM channels to play as event characters.

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

The first thing to do in this situation is !jailtp (player name) I would get their side of the story first, see what they have to say. I would remain in a calm manner even if I was getting swore at, etc. As a T-Mod you can't let your emotions and bias get in the way of your decisions. I'd reiterate that I'm here to resolve the issues going on with him and that I'm not the players friend. This could be a case of self defence, so I would then !bring (victims name) and get their side of the story. If it is indeed a case of self defence or retaliation, I obviously can't tell just from what the players are telling me as they may be lying. I would then do /logs, check for evidence. If I see the Victim shot the person accused first, I would explain the situation to them, let them know that they will be given a warn for lying to a member of the staff team in a sit, along with RDM. !warn (Victims name) Lying to staff and RDM. I would then give the other player a verbal warning, tell them if this happens again to make a /ticket so a staff member can come and resolve the issue so the player has a good experience. I would then !unjail (player name), !return (player name) and !return (victims name). The contrary to this situation being that the Player who was originally accused of RDM actually committed RDM with no valid reasoning behind it. I would then do /logs again just to make sure. If I see evidence of it, same as before. !warn (player name) RDM. If there is no evidence, I would !unjail (player name), !return (player name and !return (victims name). Then the 3rd scenario where the 2 players were verbally abusing and insulting one another, I would give them both verbal warnings to not do it again and if they do it'll be an !warn for them both. Also obviously if the players have priors the punishment could turn into !ban (player) (time) RDM/Lying in a sit.

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb SWEP abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?

The opening thing I would personally do is !bring (player names) to a secluded area so the sit wouldn't be interrupted. I would continually tell them that I'll do by best to get to the bottom of the situation and try to make their stay enjoyable. I'd also state that there isn't a point to leaving the server over something like this, it's not worth it honestly. So like before if there is a case of RDM, I would do /logs. If I find anything, I would ask the troopers who it is or what regiment, armour etc they are in or have. Then to continue, !bring (player) I would talk to them and treat them like anyone else, if they realise what they have done and have stopped other people from enjoying Gateway, I would !warn (player) RDM, Climbswep abuse; not following server rules. Or; !ban (player) (time) Climbswep abuse; repeatedly not following server rules, RDM. Only if they had multiple priors of course. If the players still aren't happy with the results made and insist on further punishment or they will leave, honestly, not to be brash here, but you gotta let them do their own thing. You can't just keep punishing someone because people are asking for it, if these people want to leave the server after the situation has been dealt with, perhaps we should let them be. You shouldn't expect everyone to be happy with what you do and you've gotta accept that fact.

3. A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

It's an immediate !ban (name) 0 Threatening to DDOS the server. This will not be tolerated, it's a legitimate crime and could potentially destroy the server, thus ruining people's fun and enjoyment. Short and simple punishment but it has to be done. I would then put in admin chat "I'll get that persons Steam ID, could someone ID ban him please?" Then proceed to put the link in admin chat, and hope that it goes along just fine. Also, screenshots and pictures are very important for evidence of threats to DDOS. !P (Staff member) their steam ID and move on.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

Give them both verbal warnings straight away, tell them to stop and it's not tolerable infront of a large crowd like that. I would tell them to take it to Discord DM's, ingame !P's or a call. If the ruckus is to continue, I would !gag (player names) if the command is available. When debrief is finished through, I would !bring (players) I then would let them know this behaviour is completely out of line for them both, but especially the Commander. I'd say "What would your regiments say if they saw you doing that? What kind of example are you to your troopers?" Clearly telling them they're both in the wrong here, I'd get both of their perspectives of what happened, with me being the unbiased medium in this situation. I'd let them both off with a verbal warning letting them know of the repercussions of their actions if they continue this childish behaviour that they would both be given a !warn. If they don't continue, I'd keep monitoring them in future just incase, but be glad the situation was resolved at least for the time being. If they do continue infront of a large amount of people like that again, with basically the whole server hearing it, they would both be swiftly given !warn (player) Verbally abusing others, not listening to staff. Again, due to possible priors it would be a !ban (player/s/) (time) Not listening to staff, repeated verbal abuse. 

5. A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?

Firstly, !goto (Cadet) explain the system of SWRP to them, that they have to do standard cadet training just like everyone else on the server did at one point. In order to advance to Private, you'll have to pass this basic training. I'll use !noclip in order to get the Cadet back to the training room, !bring (cadet) and in OOC call for a SGT+ to train the cadet; if someone doesn't volunteer, someone shall be picked randomly. Depending on my RP rank I could personally train them, however I would need to check if I am / will be busy. If I do not meet the RP rank requirement to train the cadet, I'll !bring a random SGT+. Ask if they are busy and if they are, I will apologies and !return (player) If not they can train the cadet. If I am not busy I would sit in the room making sure the cadet isn't abusing, insulting or minging. If they were to act like a normal cadet, I would ask them and their trainer if they feel up to par to be promoted to Private. Depending on the answer I would whitelist them to Private in Shiny. However if there are there issues during the training that I see or get !p'ed about, I would ask the cadet 3 very important questions. "Are you here to roleplay?" "Do you intend on minging while you're on the server?" "Are you here to ruin other people's experience?" Depending on the answers I would do what I am required, give them a second chance, monitor them and if I see more of the same mingey behaviour, I would go ahead and explain to them the situation and that they will be banned for 1 day. !ban (Player) (Time) Minging, No intent to roleplay.

Whew. Thanks for the read, apologies that this (like my em app) are both very long, I want to thank everyone for the chance to apply. I would be blessed to be given the chance to become a Trial Moderator to prove my worth once again to the server, players and the staff team. Please... and I mean PLEASE Leave me feedback and criticism in the replies along with the usual application stuff. Anything except telling me to go F myself is appreciated. Good luck to other applicants 😎.

-Ace

Edited by Ace

Was very respectful as a trial EM, although em wasn’t the best fit for him. I believe a moderator position is more suitable for him, he is active enough and is always on legit breathes gateway gaming. I believe Ace would make a great moderator and has the skills and is now equiped with the knowledge of ULX commands. 

+1 from me 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yoho said:

Was very respectful as a trial EM, although em wasn’t the best fit for him. I believe a moderator position is more suitable for him, he is active enough and is always on legit breathes gateway gaming. I believe Ace would make a great moderator and has the skills and is now equiped with the knowledge of ULX commands. 

+1 from me 

Once again Yoho, truly means a lot to come from you.

Posted (edited)

I'm unsure whether my opinion matters on your application, but I would totally +1 this application Ace, seeing how dedicated and active you are on the server. You would make a great addition to the staff roster, but from what I've seen, you are in a dilemma of whether you'd want either leave the server, or stay. My decision would be NEUTRAL for now, until I have seen that you would permanently  change your mind regarding this. Good luck buddie.

Edit:

After talking to Ace, he said he’s willing to 100% stay in the community. After hearing this, I am changing my decision to a +1.

Edited by Dank Machine
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 10:09 AM, Dank Machine said:

I'm unsure whether my opinion matters on your application, but I would totally +1 this application Ace, seeing how dedicated and active you are on the server. You would make a great addition to the staff roster, but from what I've seen, you are in a dilemma of whether you'd want either leave the server, or stay. My decision would be NEUTRAL for now, until I have seen that you would permanently  change your mind regarding this. Good luck buddie.

First, everyone's opinion matters, thank you for yours. I also understand the Neutral, it makes sense. I'm more at an 80% for staying 20% for leaving, I've become happier since seeing everyone support. EDIT: Changed my mind, at 100% for staying on the server.

Edited by Ace

Neutural. Leaning towards a -1.

I agree with what @Dank Machine has to say here, with the circumventing post of you wanting to leave or being tentative in staying on the server, I see no positive into you migrating to the staff team if that mind frame lingers. You Must find something you enjoy beforehand that isn't staffing otherwise you will never truly want to remain. Trust me I know this from experience and it is generally another reason why I end up leaving. I have nothing to do beside staff and or I am not making progress. I see you stated also you are 80% - 20% favoring staying which still is not good enough.

I condone your patients, however, and can see you are making some large contributions to your Jedi Role as I work alongside you. If Jedi is something you do enjoy stick too it. 

What I would like you to do for me to change my vote or opinion is Commit to a single role that you enjoy in-game. I would also like to see you interact with the community. I See you generally in the same ts groups and it would be in your best interest to get to know all walks of life on the server because everyone is different and thinks differently. @Lunar Is the best example of someone who went above and beyond to get out there during his application phase he reminded me a bit of you, a few people knew his name but not his story. He then worked around the clock to interact with people so that everyone shared the same opinion on him.

Although my opinion might not matter as much as it used to nor will some people give two, I think it would be in your best interest to find a happy place in the server bruv. And in saying that previous statement feel free to socialize with me on any format. I enjoy talking to everyone.

Sorry for rambling good luck with your application overall I hope everything falls into place for you. 

My vote is subject to change hoping you work on the two points I made, Also delete the previous post about leaving or edit it so people know you sticking around.

Peace out,

-beatroot,

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Beatroot said:

Neutural. Leaning towards a -1.

I agree with what @Dank Machine has to say here, with the circumventing post of you wanting to leave or being tentative in staying on the server, I see no positive into you migrating to the staff team if that mind frame lingers. You Must find something you enjoy beforehand that isn't staffing otherwise you will never truly want to remain. Trust me I know this from experience and it is generally another reason why I end up leaving. I have nothing to do beside staff and or I am not making progress. I see you stated also you are 80% - 20% favoring staying which still is not good enough.

I condone your patients, however, and can see you are making some large contributions to your Jedi Role as I work alongside you. If Jedi is something you do enjoy stick too it. 

What I would like you to do for me to change my vote or opinion is Commit to a single role that you enjoy in-game. I would also like to see you interact with the community. I See you generally in the same ts groups and it would be in your best interest to get to know all walks of life on the server because everyone is different and thinks differently. @Lunar Is the best example of someone who went above and beyond to get out there during his application phase he reminded me a bit of you, a few people knew his name but not his story. He then worked around the clock to interact with people so that everyone shared the same opinion on him.

Although my opinion might not matter as much as it used to nor will some people give two, I think it would be in your best interest to find a happy place in the server bruv. And in saying that previous statement feel free to socialize with me on any format. I enjoy talking to everyone.

Sorry for rambling good luck with your application overall I hope everything falls into place for you. 

My vote is subject to change hoping you work on the two points I made, Also delete the previous post about leaving or edit it so people know you sticking around.

Peace out,

-beatroot,

Thanks man appreciate it, once again Beatroot, your opinion does matter a lot. Also it's understandable why you're Neutral. I'll do my best to work on getting more known, I've actually already started. I'm now in Simba's channel a bit more, sometimes Gibbzy's etc. I know that isn't enough so I'll do more and I'm trying my best to commit to Jedi, it is my main role now especially that I'm a Master, I just need to be a bit active on my clones so I don't get booted from regiments.

• Like 1

I have got to know Layze quite well through his time in the Coruscant Guard and due to his activity and out-going manner on teamspeak.
Layze presents himself in a professional manner and I haven't had any non-downtime occurrences of mingy behaviour from him.
You've written a detailed application with decent ULX knowledge and it seems you've put some quite an amount of thought into each scenario.

Although, you were recently thinking about leaving the community - I knew you weren't going to go through with it as you've established too many worthwhile friendships to actually leave the community for good.
Your time as a trial event master was a worthwhile experience, though I honestly thought the role wouldn't suit you - at least in the way that a Moderator position might.

I wouldn't mind seeing you in a trial moderator position, as I think its something that would allow you to thrive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vyve said:

I have got to know Layze quite well through his time in the Coruscant Guard and due to his activity and out-going manner on teamspeak.
Layze presents himself in a professional manner and I haven't had any non-downtime occurrences of mingy behaviour from him.
You've written a detailed application with decent ULX knowledge and it seems you've put some quite an amount of thought into each scenario.

Although, you were recently thinking about leaving the community - I knew you weren't going to go through with it as you've established too many worthwhile friendships to actually leave the community for good.
Your time as a trial event master was a worthwhile experience, though I honestly thought the role wouldn't suit you - at least in the way that a Moderator position might.

I wouldn't mind seeing you in a trial moderator position, as I think its something that would allow you to thrive.

Thanks a lot Vyve, appreciate it.

Can't really read the whole thing since I am away but from what I have read and my previous experiences with you I can easily say that you are one of the most mature and easy to talk to people. Always ready to solve a situation. I'd say a plus 1. Sorry can't give more details, on my phone and away rn haha.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cappa said:

Can't really read the whole thing since I am away but from what I have read and my previous experiences with you I can easily say that you are one of the most mature and easy to talk to people. Always ready to solve a situation. I'd say a plus 1. Sorry can't give more details, on my phone and away rn haha.

Thanks so much Cappa, all good on the details part. See you when you get back mate.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:13 AM, Ace said:

!gag (player names).

Just wanted to point this out, Last I heard staff couldn't !gag, A quick edit will fix that.

Alright, Ace is a very mature person and has his eyes set on a solid future, I was skeptical at first because of his borderline stage of leaving or staying however lately he has shown commitment to the server, It would be very nice to see him as trial mod so he can show his true potential, He was a good trial EM but just didn't make the cut, Happens to everyone at some stage, Ace shows a lot of knowledge of ULX and incorporates it very well into his responses to the questions, A lot of detail showing a lot of thought and work put into the application shows me that he is really dedicated to this, He has also recently showed interest in going for Kenobi which shows not only me but a few other people that he has turned around from his choice of leaving (Your stuck here).

+1 for now but leaning towards a neutral, Please keep me at +1 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamWay said:

Just wanted to point this out, Last I heard staff couldn't !gag, A quick edit will fix that.

Alright, Ace is a very mature person and has his eyes set on a solid future, I was skeptical at first because of his borderline stage of leaving or staying however lately he has shown commitment to the server, It would be very nice to see him as trial mod so he can show his true potential, He was a good trial EM but just didn't make the cut, Happens to everyone at some stage, Ace shows a lot of knowledge of ULX and incorporates it very well into his responses to the questions, A lot of detail showing a lot of thought and work put into the application shows me that he is really dedicated to this, He has also recently showed interest in going for Kenobi which shows not only me but a few other people that he has turned around from his choice of leaving (Your stuck here).

+1 for now but leaning towards a neutral, Please keep me at +1 😄

Fixed, thanks for the comment. And don't worry, I know I'm stuck here forever. I'll do my best to keep you at a +1. 😉

Posted (edited)

You have a well-written application and have shown good use of ulx commands. My only downside to giving you a shot a trial mod is the fact that not too long ago you were considering leaving the server, and I believe that until you find your role on the server that you actually enjoy and want to stay for that reason, that you should hold off on trying to become a staff member. If you are to find that role and are enjoying the server and wanting to stay, then in my opinion you should be given a shot at trial mod. As Beatroot has already stated try get well known within the community and staff team, my channel is always open if you want to come jump in, don't let the PTE sign scare you. If I am afk feel free to just jump in or chuck me a poke if I'm not and 95% of the time I will let you in.

For now, I am going to remain Neutral.

Edited by Jeff The Māori
  • Like 1

As good as friends we are, I'm not sure about you going into a Mod position. My main issue is of course the whole issue of you leaving, not just that but the issue you told me about when you were trial-EM, im gonna sit with a neutral. Sorry, love ya.

• Like 1

for the limited amount of time on the server ace has always stuck out, not as a rude or mingey person but as somoen who was incredibly kind, understanding and just a genuine pleasure to be around. I think that if he stays he would make a fantastic mod +1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff The Māori said:

You have a well-written application and have shown good use of ulx commands. My only downside to giving you a shot a trial mod is the fact that not too long ago you were considering leaving the server, and I believe that until you find your role on the server that you actually enjoy and want to stay for that reason, that you should hold off on trying to become a staff member. If you are to find that role and are enjoying the server and wanting to stay, then in my opinion you should be given a shot at trial mod. As Beatroot has already stated try get well known within the community and staff team, my channel is always open if you want to come jump in, don't let the PTE sign scare you. If I am afk feel free to just jump in or chuck me a poke if I'm not and 95% of the time I will let you in.

For now, I am going to remain Neutral.

No problem Jeff, thanks for the kind words :). But if you do look on my post about maybe leaving, I asked for it to be closed and that I changed my mind. In terms of finding a role I actually enjoy, that's my Jedi. I'm a Master now and I love the responsibility I have, training people etc. All good though mate, appreciate the teamspeak comment too.

7 hours ago, Bright said:

As good as friends we are, I'm not sure about you going into a Mod position. My main issue is of course the whole issue of you leaving, not just that but the issue you told me about when you were trial-EM, im gonna sit with a neutral. Sorry, love ya.

Completely understand man, thanks for the comment nonetheless. Love ya too Bright.

3 hours ago, phill said:

for the limited amount of time on the server ace has always stuck out, not as a rude or mingey person but as somoen who was incredibly kind, understanding and just a genuine pleasure to be around. I think that if he stays he would make a fantastic mod +1

Thanks Phill, those words mean a lot to me mate, appreciate it immensely.

From my time that I spent with you in CG and just in general on the server you really have a good attitude, and it really showed in your time as a member of CG. I know that your post about leaving is a point of contention but considering your recent activity its good to see that you are staying. your responses in the application are also quite thorough and detailed. Overall i'd give it a +1.

Lieutenant Captain Astro - Coruscant Guard

Specialist 5418 Bismark - 91st Recon Corps

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Astro said:

From my time that I spent with you in CG and just in general on the server you really have a good attitude, and it really showed in your time as a member of CG. I know that your post about leaving is a point of contention but considering your recent activity its good to see that you are staying. your responses in the application are also quite thorough and detailed. Overall i'd give it a +1.

Lieutenant Captain Astro - Coruscant Guard

Specialist 5418 Bismark - 91st Recon Corps

Cheers Astro, you're right. It's safe to say I'm staying forever, I'm locked.

Go F yourself...

Nah seriously though. Great app, Great person, definitely someone I could see in a moderator position. From talking to you recently, I think it's safe to overlook your recent dilemma post and give this application a +1

Good luck sir.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pork said:

Go F yourself...

Nah seriously though. Great app, Great person, definitely someone I could see in a moderator position. From talking to you recently, I think it's safe to overlook your recent dilemma post and give this application a +1

Good luck sir.

No you go F yourself- For real though, thanks Pork, you're a great person and I thank you for the +1. You deserve the position you're in.

7 hours ago, Wade/Wah'Day/Trek said:

He sounds like he knows what he is doing. He is also a great person who I think could manage situations well.

Good Luck this is a +1 from me.

Thanks Wade 🙂 You're a good lad.

Ace is friendly, well spoken and mature and is currently one of if not the most active member on gateway gaming. I think you would excel as a moderator +1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mongo said:

Ace is friendly, well spoken and mature and is currently one of if not the most active member on gateway gaming. I think you would excel as a moderator +1

Thanks a bunch Mongo, you get a bunch of aloe vera now. 😉 Appreciate it.