s8ncaat

Future Map Project?

What Map Would You Like To See?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What Map Would You Like To See?

Greetings all, so basically aside from the Coruscant Base we're looking for a new map to get made with a more casual aspect. @Cuffs has expressed interest in starting another project, this time we'd like to get the players and community opinion on what you would like to see.

New Venator - Would be more or less similar to rp_venator_gg_v5, but better.

Base/Outpost - Something similar to Baocarro/Kalist?

Space Station - ...

Event Maps/s - Felucia, Umbara, etc.

We appreciate you guys leaving your feedback in the comments. If somebody posts an option to add and you like it, please like react it so we know whether or not to add it to the poll option. 

Thank you!

• Like 5

Space station without a doubt. A Venator but with room for training and facilities, yes please.

• Like 3

Space station would be very epic. Venator is cool and all but I would like a cool new map.

14 minutes ago, Coric said:

Mild problem, how do I revote?

45285324_352763172136272_1261693385329082368_n.jpg

I understand the desire for something new like a space station, however i'm going with a new Venator for the following reasons.

• It is a staple of Clone Wars RP.
  • Provides Navy with plenty to do, and have it actually make sense.
  • Our current Venator is not designed for our playerbase, and there are many flaws that lead players to hate venator_extensive.
  • Previous versions of the Venator are regarded with fond memories and nostalgia from players and staff, suggesting an obvious enjoyment.
  • a new venator map tailored to the community would fill the crucial gap of having a half decent venator hub map.
  • Combine these reasons with our coming Coruscant map, and the popularity of the community will likely increase among possible new members and existing ones alike. 
  • Like 6

Maybe a mix between a space station and a Venator you could have the Venator for Navy and bunks soon with a full operational Hanger system and the space station for Training and so on if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Simba said:

Maybe a mix between a space station and a Venator you could have the Venator for Navy and bunks soon with a full operational Hanger system and the space station for Training and so on if that makes sense.

That's a Very good idea.

I totally think a Space station (possibly with some kind of ship, like simba said) would be good, because it combines the benefits of having a base with the benefits for navy of being able to do RP like on a venator (speaking as a navy, this current base is terrible for us)

22 minutes ago, Goatward said:

I totally think a Space station (possibly with some kind of ship, like simba said) would be good, because it combines the benefits of having a base with the benefits for navy of being able to do RP like on a venator (speaking as a navy, this current base is terrible for us)

A note to the people screaming about Navy, the last time I went out of my way to design a 3rd floor that navy could role play on got barely used. Navy will barely be a priority for me outside of the essentials such as terminals that control the base and whatnot. Also a seperate ship for navy on a space station map would also not be a priority, maybe in a future update(I’d be cool to instead of boarding laat’s You board a venator instead) but as I said, it makes no sense to have a seperate ship on a map where Navy would run the space station.

If the space station map was the final choice, it would probably contain a bunch of training facilities such as Target ranges, Kill houses(mission simulations), ect. Also I’d probably add some sort of planetary aspect to it as well(for patrols and stuff). 

Either way, when the final decision is made I’ll make a suggestion thread

• Like 3
  • Love 1

A massive venator next to a space station would be a little over the top in my personal opinion, maybe something like an acclamator or even a light cruiser would be interesting to see, really you can’t give navy much to do instead of doors and alarms, as most of their work is roleplay related and you can’t really code much into the map that I’m aware of. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cuffs said:

Navy would run the space station.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, if we weren't going to have a ship

20 hours ago, Aussi said:

A massive venator next to a space station would be a little over the top in my personal opinion, maybe something like an acclamator or even a light cruiser would be interesting to see, really you can’t give navy much to do instead of doors and alarms, as most of their work is roleplay related and you can’t really code much into the map that I’m aware of. 

This was exactly what I was thinking, something like a Consular cruiser or something

• Like 1