s8ncaat

Coruscant Base Progress Update

Hello everyone, I figured It was time to actually shed some light onto the Coruscant Base since I know a lot of people are in the dark about it and are getting fairly curious. People were told the map would be ready around April/May, however, due to the level designer wanting to create total custom assets, It has caused a slight time delay in the development of the map, I believe it's worth it as It'll improve the overall quality of the map. With full custom assets, It will hopefully be a whole new playing experience, as the map will be COMPLETELY fresh. 

latest?cb=20131027054542

As of right now, the entire outside of the base is complete, including the 3D skybox (skybox moves and has ships flying around, gives the feeling that the city is "alive"), outer terrain, hangars, Geonosis rock wall (includes all players who helped assist us in the map funding, thank you again to those players/staff!). 

20190405221228-1.jpg

20190405231633-1.jpg

20190405223221-1.jpg

20190405231833-1.jpg

20190405223409-1.jpg

The inside of the base will include the following; 

• Security Room
  • Armory
  • Citadel Room
  • Medbay
  • Barracks
  • Mission Briefing/Debriefing
  • Reactor/Engine Room
  • Command Center (Naval Control Floor, CO Meeting Room, RHC, etc)
  • Jedi Area
  • Admin Room

Currently, the inside is being worked on, again with complete custom assets, meaning elevators, doors, lights, bunk models (will still be room for you guys to design to an extent). All models are done and placed, hallways are all done and the security area should be on the way by the weekend. 

b40cce98580e554f1500358a61292d7a.jpg

I'll be adding further progress in the comments, but for now, this is what I have to share. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

THANK YOU S8NCAAT FOR PROVIDING ME WITH THIS UPDATE HAHA I APPRECIATE IT 

• Love 1
  • Angry React 1

Im glad the map is being made and our founder is helping out

• Like 1

A big thank you to the Executive Team and all the donators who have made the development of the map possible. Big up snoozincaat.

• Like 2

This is it chief. My hype levels are reaching untold heights.

• Like 1

Looks like some awesome progress is being made, super excited to see the finished product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

how much for a statue of myself

what do you mean the clone statue on the left is you Soldier

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

looks good.

hate to sound picky, but some of the textures look very colour saturated and complex, even though starwars has more simplistic and washed out texturing

also that skybox is wack

also the size of that hallway is wack

Edited by Cuffs

10 minutes ago, Cuffs said:

looks good.

hate to sound picky, but some of the textures look very colour saturated and complex, even though starwars has more simplistic texturing

also that skybox is wack

also the size of that hallway is wack

Just to clear up because I thought a couple of those things would be pointed out;

The skybox looks normal and fine when you're on the ground and running around. The hallway is actually of normal size, It's just the way he took the picture/video (fairly certain he had camera out). And the textures look better in-game (may have something to do with the mappers graphics quality or something).

• Like 2

It looks sick as, Asking as the elevators don't have that annoying sound that gets stuck like the current venator it would be amazing

(legit my only issue on our current venator)

WHATS THE FUCKING POINT IF IT DOESN'T USE COPYRIGHTED ASSETS SO WE CANT EVEN USE IT

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 11:44 PM, Santa said:

WHATS THE FUCKING POINT IF IT DOESN'T USE COPYRIGHTED ASSETS SO WE CANT EVEN USE IT

I mean from a technical aspect, valve owns evry single piece of content created using their tools and therefore evrything ever made for gmod is copywrited.

With the venator map, we stopped using it not because it had stolen content that PROP'(just to add clarification bcus to this day people still think its my fault) placed in there, But instead out of good faith to the original creator of the content creator.(Legally we could have continued use of the map as it was never made public on the workshop, and thus never broke the Tos. But stooge diddent want to angr pommes) 

Edited by Cuffs