Goatward

When RP gets ignored in events (don't do that)

Title says pretty much entirely what I want to say.

I've had a few events recently when RP that I do, or RP that others do, is completely ignored.

I'm not going to publicly name the EM(s) that were running the events, and the EC(s) that were in the events but they should know who they are, and I'd like to kindly ask them to actually listen to their players in events.

I understand that EM's want to convey a story when making events, but a good event is one where the players can actually interact with it, at least on some degree.

• Like 1
  • Quality Post 1

Not sure of the specifics, but saying this in a forums post probably doesn't help much. I'd recommend giving the feedback to the EM them self, or if needed pass it to a Senior Staff. 
Sometimes EM's screw up and miss some things, it's not easy managing a hundred things at once, again wasn't there, dunno the story. But yeah, this forums post probably wont get much done in terms of change.

It's not that everyone's getting ignored, I just think you should contact the EM running the event after it's done, have a talk with them and give them some constructive criticism. 

I completely understand the situation, but it's quite difficult to manage the whole player base while role-playing. Let me give a small example, taking care of the front line, spawning droids, ensuring no one is pushing ahead, being a ATT, telling what the EC need to say next, keeping the Navy busy with the muni. You get the idea. Sometimes the EM is going to be distracted or focus on the event. But I do agree with you, I do try use the PA system and responding to anyone comms. I do believe I'm the EM who didn't respond to your comms, I take full responsibility for it and in the future I hope to change that. I'm very sorry for not responding earlier.

Most of the time I just repeat myself or even PM the EM about the RP that was done if it was important to the plot, works like a charm.

• Like 1

In defense of the event masters, it's extremely easy to get distracted while running an event. Sometimes stuff just flies over your head because you are just deadset on spawning droids and trying to get EC's to do their thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

your signature text is tiny haha

size doesn't matter it's what you do with it that counts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And another thing is that like previously said, EM's can get distracted or busy with the actual event they're running. Trust me, I used to shit on EM's but I understand the stress.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 12:19 PM, Frostiey said:

size doesn't matter it's what you do with it that counts

Is that what you say after you take a girl home saying its a solid 8 when it's really 3

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bright said:

Is that what you say after you take a girl home saying its a solid 8 when it's really 3

i m  a  g r o w e r  n o t  a  s h o w e r

2 hours ago, Frostiey said:

i m  a  g r o w e r  n o t  a  s h o w e r

it's been growing for 6 years kyle, it's not getting any bigger