s8ncaat

Z6 Removal

Hello,

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed your Z6's are missing from your kit, to put it simply; too many regiments/companies had them and they were starting to cause lag during events. Since the Z6 is shooting so quickly and there are so many people shooting them, It's creating so many effects and causing lag (Which is what I've been told). I'll be re-working what companies spawn with Z6's, but for now please be patient. Feel free to ask any questions below. Sorry for any inconveniences.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Gibbzy said:

I told you @s8ncaat @Nexoit

I always knew that a large number of them caused lag because back in the day we had events where the EM used to give everyone Z6's and the server would die, however, the number must've just crept up. Until further inspection, I didn't think THAT many companies/regiments had them. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately the only fix for this is the removal, other wise we'd have to change the speed and quite frankly that defeats the purpose of a mini gun.

😫

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussi said:

Unfortunately the only fix for this is the removal, other wise we'd have to change the speed and quite frankly that defeats the purpose of a mini gun.

😫

It does shoot at an extremely fast rate as is. A fire rate nerf could be a potential option if it is possible to do 

Edited by Nexoit

3 minutes ago, Nexoit said:

It does shoot at an extremely fast rate as is. A fire rate nerf could be a potential option if it is possible to do 

speed change or not with the current people who have it, it's safe to say the Z-6 would still cause quite a bit of lag. I honestly think it should be confined to like 1 slot jobs or just cut out entirely.

Edited by Aussi
  • Like 2

I understand why this had to happen, but it sucks to hear. I've spent the last 2 months training the hell out of my company on responsible and appropriate use of the Z6 (Calling out when it's ok to use to my squad, consistent training on identifying the right circumstances to use it etc). Really sucks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It needed to be done, it was getting absurd how many people we're having such a powerful weapon. Defs should be few and far between for players on the server.

• Like 1

I've played around a tad with this in singleplayer and edited the weapon's values.
If you cap the RPM at 800, with a linear increase starting from 80 RPM over 6 seconds to achieve the 700 RPM - that should have a massive effect on not only the situation usage of the weapon but also the lag it emits. 
Its one of those iconic weapons that makes some kits really unique, so changes will have to occur to make it user-friendly. 
Though will such a change also effect the Galactic Marine's RT-97c which has a fire-rate of 525 RPM? With 5 of my Marines using them, you'd expect the same circumstances to occur.
Food for thought.

• Like 2