Vyve

Vyve's Trial Moderator Application

Vyve's Trial Moderator Application

hroRjWk.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Checklist:

Do you have TS3 Installed?
Sure do, I'm on the Gateway Gaming TS every day.

Do you enjoy helping other people?
Yes, I've committed 1/3 of my life to volunteering in my local community as well as in other online communities with the intention of assisting others for the betterment of society and the community at hand.

Are you willing to test your stress?
Yes, in fact, I enjoy doing so.

List your current playtime: (Click Here)
GMod Total: 4090hrs
Gateway Gaming: 330hrs (since 3/3/19)

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?
Absolutely. There are always new things we can learn and furthermore improve on overtime, not only for the enrichment of the community but also ourselves.

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?
Not that I am aware of, though if there are members of the Gateway staff team who have an issue with me in any way, shape or form I welcome them in open arms to let me know so we can have a chat and resolve our differences.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Requirements:

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:56640461

Steam Profile Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/VyveAU

Current in-game alias:
Lieutenant Captain Vyve, 2nd Lieutenant 'Keller' & Padawan Elyse Y'fey

How known are you on a scale of 1-10?:
Due to my activity, outspokenness and my role in the Coruscant Guard, I would say I would fit in the 8-9 range.

How will you becoming a moderator make an impact on the community?
As a Moderator and member of the Gateway Gaming staff team, my prior experience from both the real world and previous online communities over the past 8 years would allow me to present a fresh, unbias and forthright point-of-view and voice in the community.
My ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm, collected and confident will allow me to justly punish wrongdoers in a mature manner.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?
Everyday.

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?
My first point of call would be to spectate the accused with '!spectate <player>', and at the same time bring up the logs (/logs).
While checking the logs I would overwatch the player to see whether the accusations are valid.
If such were valid, I would exit the spectate and confront the player.

Rather than just using !bring to bring the player to me, I would use '
!jailtp <player>' so they don't just go ahead and type 'kill' in console or use "!fbring <player>"  to ensure they don't try and escape my grasp.
I would check the accused's current amount of warns via '!warn' and looking up their SteamID in order to get a sense of their previous convictions.
I would then let the accused know of why I have brought them, provide logs evidence to them, and allow them to provide their side of the story regarding the situation in an attempt to justify their actions but also possibly provide me with an insight into their personality and plausible future intentions.

If this is the accused's first offense, or at least their first major offense, I would proceed to explain to the accused that they'll be receiving a warning for their actions with '
!warn <player> RDM x #, Player Harassment', and that if they continue down their opprobrious path, their punishments will greatly increase in severity. After such, I would reiterate the server rules to the accused and supply them with a forum link to them so they can review the rules in the future.
(If we had '
!rules' I would let them do that instead or force them to do such via '!sudo <player> "say !rules"')
Once concluded I would return the player to their previous location with '
!return <player>' and continue monitoring them to ensure they don't continue to be a nuisance.

If the accused has multiple offenses on record, I would explain to them that due to their consistent inadequate behaviour that they'll be receiving both a warn with '
!warn <player> RDM x #, Player Harassment', and a temporarily banned from the server with "!banid <steamid> <1/2hrs> <Consistent undesirable behaviour, please read the server rules on the forums and return when you are ready to behave>".
(I prefer to use "
!banid <steamid>" over "!ban <player>" in case there is another player with the same name or numbers as the accused, so that an innocent isn't banned by accident)

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?
I would calm the group of users and have them explain the situation to me.
While they explain the situation I would access the logs (
/logs) and look for the kill and damage logs of the incident.

If their story is correct and there is evidence to back-up the statement, I would ask if one of the affected group members would like to attend the sit with me to ensure that justice is dealt. If agreed I would go to a secluded area of the map and bring the group member with "
!bring <player>" and then bring the accused player with "!fbring <player>".

I would then explain to the accused of why they have been brought, providing evidence of their actions and get them to explain their side of the story.

I would then continue through the same process explained in the first scenario of punishing the offender.

After the offender has been punished I would check with the group member that I brought on whether he is content with the outcome of the situation.
If he is, I would return him with "
!return <player>". If he isn't, I would explain that there is a procedure to things and that to be fair and just, we can't bring anger and emotion into the conclusion of the offender's punishments. 

3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?
Under the Criminal Code Act, 1995 and the Cybercrime Act, 2001 under the section on deliberate impairment of service or communication; it is federally illegal to take out a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack on other people, players or servers; therefore, I would proceed with the following.
I would get the IP address of the player with "
!ip <player>" and then proceed to IP Ban the player with "!banip <ip> 0".

Immediately after the player has been dealt with, I would contact the executive staff and provide them with the person's SteamID, IP address, and a shadowplay of the relevant evidence regarding the situation. I would also use their IP to get the players hostname in-case of the situation where the player tries to change their IP address.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing infront of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?
(Assuming the argument is out of character)
If they were using voice communications, I would use "
!gag <player>" on them both and send them both a PM saying "PTS is Active, this is not the time nor place, let's sort this out after debriefing".

If they didn't continue to abuse one another through text-chat after being gagged, I would wait until debrief was concluded then go to a secluded part of the map and bring them using "
!bring <player>".
Once brought I would let them know before I ungagged them that their behaviour was unacceptable and was a bad representation of both themselves and their regiment towards everyone who attended the briefing.
I would then ungag one of the parties using "
!ungag <player>" and get them to explain the situation to me and what the argument is regarding. Once they have concluded their side, I would regag them and ungag the other party to get their side of the story.

Once they have said their peace, if needed, I would give my opinion and recommendation on the matter, and then finally ungagging them both and allow them to work it out and discuss their differences while I'm present, to ensure that instead of arguing, they're discussing and at least either acknowledging their differences and moving on from it, or resolving the situation. I would then inform their COs or RHC that there was an out of character dispute and that they might need to keep an eye on them for any further toxicity towards one another.

5. A Cadet has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?
My response to this will be as if the keycard system doesn't exist & the doors aren't locked in the cadet room.
Firstly I would teleport myself to the cadet using "!goto <player>", I would then allow the cadet to acknowledge my presence before going on to explain that I am going to be teleporting him back to the cadet room and that I will make sure I find a trainer for him.

Once explained, I would go to the cadet room and bring the cadet using "
!bring <player>", and then type in OOC chat that I am in need of a Sergeant+ to come and train the cadet. If no-one responds, I will use check what the current Sergeant+ troopers are doing by using "!spectate <player>" and find someone who is not busy to train the cadet.

Once someone has been found, I'd wait for the trainer to get to the cadet room before then informing the trainer via PM that this cadet might either be new or mingy and that they might want to keep an eye on him, and that if he does cause him any trouble, he should PM me and I'll come and speak with the cadet.
Sergeant+ trainers should know how to handle mingy cadets, therefore I don't feel my presence is required unless the Sergeant+ informs me that he is being a nuisance.

If he continues to be a nuisance I would teleport to the cadet using "
!goto <player>" and explain to the cadet that he needs to stop being a hassle and that if he continues to do so I will have to punish him.

For an extremely mingy toxic cadet, I would kick the cadet a for his behaviour and lack of desire to roleplay.
If he comes back after being kicked and is still acting the same, then I would go ahead and ban the cadet using the following "
!ban <player> 1d "No intention to roleplay and complete basic training".

Thank you for reading my Moderator Application.
Please leave feedback in the comments of how I could improve my application and whether or not you agree with the way I would handle such situations.

Edited by Vyve
  • Like 4

Vyve is a dedicated member within the community. Though I have had little interactions with him, He still presents himself in a professional manner whilst playing the server and is always willing to help out when needed. 

The responses have a lot of detail to the point I gave up reading it all, but from what I did read he seems to have a vast amount of knowledge with the ULX system and how to properly handle most if not all situations that could possibly arise whilst being a staff member.

Overall, Vyve is dedicated and helpful and would be a great asset to the GG staff team.

+1

• Like 1

Vyve, you've always acted extremely mature when I've talked to you, you're always helpful and definitely a respectable member of this community, you always act professional and are willing to help whoever you can. I believe 100% you deserve a shot at T-Mod.

+1

• Like 1

Very well written application, I believe Vyve has great potential in the staff team. All the time I’ve known Vyve he’s presented himself as a mature and respectful player. His responses are very detailed and thought out. 

+1

• Like 1

From what I've seen you're a very dedicated and respectful player as well as one of the more mature players in our current community.

I honestly find it hard to find a problem with your app, you clearly have a good understanding of ULX showing a perfect example for each scenario on the application indicating you have a pretty good previous experience in staffing.

Not to mention this is one of the neater and thorough applications we've seen recently clearly you proof-read and went over it which is something a lot of people sparingly forget

+1 Hoping to see good things from you.

• Like 1

Vyve has been on the server and there were points where I thought he was staff already because of how well he composed himself. He is a no-brainer for staff.

+1

• Like 1

vyve.png.a6c306a5fec8b0153c866bc27ddd35e0.png

In seriousness though, I've known Vyve ever since he joined CG and he's been a great, respectable player that has been committed to whatever regiment he's in. Vyve has shown his management skills in being 3ic in CG and 2ic in GM's which will be a huge help to the Gateway Gaming Community. Furthermore, his history as an owner of another server further proves his competency as a staff member.

In regards to his application, he's shown an extensive amount of knowledge with ULX  and has written up outstanding responses for all the scenarios. Its a +1 from me, good luck with your application Mr Lt Captain 😎

• Like 1

Vyve is very active and respectful player on the server. I've spoken to vyve a fair bit and he has very good intentions for the server. One aspect i like about vyve he puts out his word, he isn't spineless. +1

• Like 1

I truly believe that Vyve is a perfect fit for the Staff Team. Vyve is responsible and mature, he's not afraid to speak up. Give this man Trial Moderator! +1

Good luck, Vyve.

• Like 1

Vyve would be a good fit for the staff team, he has experience and is very active. He also presents himself in and good way and isn't afraid to speak his mind +1

• Like 1