Strac

No indication of Typing

Hello There

So recently I have seen that the Typing animation has been removed which was nice, but now there is the problem of when someone is typing there is no indication of any sorts. Now it's not the end of the world kind of problem, but it's quite inconvenient when you can't tell if someone is responding by text and just thinks you went AFK on them especially in Events. If there could be some sort of small indication when someone is typing would be very helpful.

• Like 1

I never minded the typing animation and I'd personally like to see it return. Hopefully it won't be replaced with this

44C07AC80D21ADC8048EB87A3FF4738FAE79BC67

I've seen a server with 3 smaller dots above the head, no where near as big as the bubble and it would be a good indication

• Like 5

those with PAC access can customise their own typing animation. but i would like to see it return.

Was truly a tragedy to see this animation go :(

I would love to have it back, I can't tell if anyone is typing.

looks like opinions here are pretty unanimous and i definitely agree with that +1

Such a weird turn of events, people really wanted this gone once ago. Now you guys want it back.

I don't know about this one guys, Its weird watching a room of guys holding their hand to there face when typing salutes and shit.

Real men put their hands up to their faces when typing salutes. Just means you are too alpha for proper rp. :cool:

Such a weird turn of events, people really wanted this gone once ago. Now you guys want it back.

I don't know about this one guys, Its weird watching a room of guys holding their hand to there face when typing salutes and shit.

But it can be equally weird to see a group of clones just... well, standing there when they're supposed to be on comms.

A definite +1 for the return of this animation.

Definitely I personally don’t like that the animation was removed, it’s weird to think that the community would want this animation removed at all as it is 1. A standard animation across all Gmod server/game modes and 2. The only way to tell if someone is actually typing and relying on pac to make the animation yourself is pretty meh as the server only allows access to a specified limit of people.

I believe that maybe it was a very niche group of people that wanted it removed, aIso don’t remember a community vote being done for it to see the rest of the communities opinion towards this idea was.

I believe it should be brought back as it’s the most basic of things for a Gmod server. +1

Edited by WraitheAU

Maybe just put the three dots no and animation Or box

Edited by Guest

what if we added a custom typing animation to the pointshop but was for low credits, so people who want one can have one, people that don't want one, don't have to have one

what if we added a custom typing animation to the pointshop but was for low credits, so people who want one can have one, people that don't want one, don't have to have one

Best of both worlds

*Edit* Maybe even a free option just for anyone whenever.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

Best of both worlds

Free, or 1000 points, which is basically free anyway xD

I dont think the animation itself is the issue, its more the indication that someone is speaking is whats being get at here. Granted I like the animation as its kinda like the clone is using his helmet radio to speak. but I remember a big thing for Event Characters and Jedi was that you couldn't attack during typing. So if it has no indication then it can be a little tricky or makes it seem like they went afk.

I personally don't see why it was removed and it does just seem like something a small group disliked. But I'm sure something will come to rectify this issue. with little dots or whatever.

but it seems like 95% of this thread says bring it back so that has to count for something

Edited by Guest

Best of both worlds

completely agree with you there

I do support this however this can be a pain for those with pac, therefore a way to toggle the animation via a command would be great.

As Aussi stated, I don't care about the animation if it comes back or not. I just want some way of knowing when someone is typing.

• Like 1

Please change the typing animation to the comms swep, the comms swep is only ever used with people's PACs 

I have seen this brought up many times and I was going to bring it up at the CRM but completely forgot.

As someone said above, even just the small 3 dots above someone's head that other servers use would be useful.

It's good to have an indication if someone is ignoring you or just taking ages to type a message.

I don't think it should be an animation by any means, and for those that don't like having 3 tiny dots above someone's head - possible have them able to toggle it in the context menu or the spawn menu.

+1

Edit: Sorry for commenting on a thread from a month ago, didn't check the start date. Thought this was recent since JamWay commented, 😎

Edited by Vyve

In the 501st we have this DSGT who doesn't have a mic and its a pain in the ass as it's impossible to tell when he's typing or not. So having something as small as just 3 dots above their heads. +1