Richard

Event Times

Let me just get this out of the way, setup times do not count towards the actual event times. I believe the setup times are fine I guess but this is directed towards how long the actual event goes.

So let me just put this here so people know what I mean.

Event Start When I Joined The Server (4 Months Ago): 4:50

Event Start Now: 4:50

Event Finish When I Joined The Server: 5:10

Event Finish Now: 5:30

That's a whole 20 minutes extra of a dragged out event, this is why most events have people afk near the end or just running in straight lines looking at their phones or talking.

To be honest this is also a reason why event quality has dropped lately, when your events need to be two times as long of course it's gonna feel long and boring.

People also want more downtime to do things with their regiment or something. Right now I can probably only fit one thing in during downtime training wise and need to prepare for the next event whereas back then you could easily do 2 different training sessions say if I was doing something with my regiment and then jump on my jedi and do training with my padawan.

I don't even think the arguement of having too much downtime could be used since when an event ends the next event is called way too soon.

So yea, events don't need to be long to be good. Back when I joined events were short but killer. I was always getting involved in the events and had fun. Now I only join in when I have to with my regiment since that's what I have to do, I don't enjoy myself and normally when no one is on from my regiment I just talk to my mates and jump around like a retard.

Pls fix.

• Like 2

Used to be a rule to set up prior or have setups initial made so it can be as quick as possible. Loff & Aussie would throw flames if it were any other way same with staff members. I used to get roasted for 10 min set up times but obviously, times have changed. I agree completely and would like to see that rule or mindset return. EM's are also currently a pretty enclosed group and it is hard to get anything across without issues but still. Set up Events beforehand, Have your event ideas and dupes set up so people don't have to wait whilst you EMs dick around. I will throw this comment here as a starter and progress in my opinion as counters occur.

Edit; As of late, I have been pretty inactive as some of you may have noticed, multiple reasons why but the issue being bought up is also a contributing factor to that inactivity. I log on and play around until event starts. After it starts I wait another 15-30mins depending and just lose all interest. Thus giving me a happy trigger finger and useless thought process. I honestly can not see myself contributing to much in events as a player due to the fuck around that has occurred beforehand. I legit just want to shoot shit and smile. Unless EM's keep me enticed (Which is Hard, due to me being so impatient). Honestly, do know how to fix this. Maybe EMs can branch out and ask other viable members of staff to help them out. Even get some random "Trustworthy" players to be EC's etc. Create Dupes and think of ideas beforehand to ensure everything goes smoothly. /Me Laughs lots

AH was told people didn't like short events, AH

It's more about how some events can feel boring and dragged out. Events can be long if they are done right and are interactive for all 40 minutes which is hard. So if it's that hard it's easier to have a shorter more fun event than a long drawn out event.

• Like 2

Id like to mention its fairly hard to be a good em able to make consistent alright events, em is probaly one of the hardest things to be on the server, but again there should be a point where they see there own mistakes and adapt around them, just have some pre built dupes, and build along the way so people dont wait so long for a event start, it is possible, and if you cant find you are able to do it, just get some help from someone else.

As an EM myself at one point, when I bothered to give a damn about the events I was making, I found that events that didn't really touch over 20 minutes always had the best responses from people who offered feedback. Hell, at one point someone told me that they thought my events were the best (at the time) because nothing was drawn out. Obviously when theres genuine 'content' to longer events, sure. But the playerbase shouldnt suffer for the EM's pride in thinking "I have to make the perfect event"

As most have said people do not like waiting, even during events if we have to "hack a door and guard the hacker" that is a form of waiting. Sure they'll get a droid to shoot or something while they defend but it is still stopping dead in their tracks and waiting, I've used the old "oh no ray shield you'll have to wait til its off" trick myself many times.

It may sound easy to run a decent event that lasts 45 minutes of non stop fun but it is not, you can set up this massive dupe that you might think will last them ages only for something thats frankly not surprising to happen, players decide to flip the script on you, they'll flank without saying anything, Jedi will force leap so far they'll be at the end of the event in 5 minutes. making something that could have been a long event with good pacing, into a jagged event that many pitfalls to account for the impatience of the players. EMs have their faults but this is all we can really do when forced into a position by the players. so unless the EM is truly not in a state of mind to make quality content, then it's usually the actions of the players that give these consequences.

As for the event set up there is no excuse, build dupes in single player, have a simple event layout in your head when running it, the only thing that should require more then 5 minutes of set up is the EC setting up. If as an event master you are not prepared for an event you booked then I can only say that makes yourself look poor as an EM, Obviously if its a last minute event then different rules apply there.

TL;DR Event masters should be able to produce decent events with no boring filler. but only if the players themselves allow this to happen by following the directions given, you know, like actual Clones and Jedi would do in the Actual Clone Wars,