Budds

The PAC 3 Help Thread

What aspect of PAC would you like me to explain most?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What aspect of PAC would you like me to explain most?

• Jiggles
    • Custom Animations
    • Proxies (Further poll if chosen)
    • Custom materials & decals
    • Visual effects (lights, halos, etc)
    • Customised weapon/tool attachments and appearances.
    • Other. (state in comments)

Hey guys/gals, been thinking we need an area to express any questions or issues regarding PAC on the server and/or in general. PAC can be intimidating to new users and I think its important that everyone has a place to discuss and resolve any issues together.

I've been using PAC since 2014, and would be happy to offer help where i can, I also encourage anyone with solutions and insight to help each other out in this centralised PAC 3 support thread.

Feel free to drop questions, answers, helpful threads and videos, as well as anything else PAC related here.

Current Sections:

AbbHMre.png?1

I’d be interesting in knowing how people take bodygroups from one model, to put them on another?

I’d be interesting in knowing how people take bodygroups from one model, to put them on another?

Bodygroups or bones? do you mean accessories or entire heads/arms being swapped?

Bodygroups or bones? do you mean accessories or entire heads/arms being swapped?

Bodygroups, for instance, I’ve seen someone put their helmet under their arms etc

Bodygroups, for instance, I’ve seen someone put their helmet under their arms etc

Now I have not been able to reproduce this in the simple way I believed would work, as

it seems that the workshop version of PAC's 'bodygroup' function does not work (for me at least) anymore. But it is reproduce-able in a slightly messier way.

PART 0.5. "Toggleable events"

• Before we start, I will teach everyone how to make "Toggleable" PAC events bound to a key on your keyboard.
    • open your console using ~ and copy the following text, replacing [key] with any unbound key on your keyboard you want to use.
      • bind [key] "pac_event toggle 2

[*]If you have done this correctly, that button on your keyboard will now 'toggle' an event like a lightswitch when pressed, and we will use it soon.

If your character has a helmet bodygroup by default, you can skip this first part as you will just use the bodygroup controller tab in your context menu.

PART 1. "Head hacking"

If your playermodel does NOT have a removeable helmet bodygroup by default then follow this video to 'headhack' a new head onto yourself.

Right click on the outfit group, (The little 'earth' looking icon that all the other objects are under) And create an 'event'.

• For the event type, choose "command"

• Change the event operator from "Find Simple" to "Equal" (
    This is important)

• in the 'find' section of the event down the bottom, type
    toggle

• remember how the console command that i gave you was called 'toggle'? that is the name of the event and you can make new toggle keys by changing that word. for instance:
      bind f9 "pac_event spaghetti 2

• then in the 'find' section of your toggle event, you would enter
      spaghetti
      instead of toggle.

[*]
    You can 'invert' the event if you want, it just changes whether the event is on or off by default.

[*]
    pressing your event button on your keyboard should now toggle your helmet on or off.

Let me know if this part doesn't work for you and i'll help you personally.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PART 2: "The held helmet"

For the helmet under the arm part, you will need to make a new outfit 'group' and call it something like 'underarm'.

you can do this by right clicking the blank white area and choosing the 'earth' icon called 'group'

1. Create a model in the group and make it the same model as your chosen PM, this will become the helmet you hold.
  2. On the model, change the 3rd position offset until the origin is in/close to the head. This will make it a bit easier to move around.
  3. Right click the model, and select "Clip" then move the clip until only the head of the model remains. (may need to rotate the clip so that the cut is in the right direction.
  4. in the 'orientation section' of the model, change the 'bone' to 'spine'. This will change which bone on your playermodel it will follow.
  5. Rotate and move the model to be parallel with your character's side. basically move it to where the character will be holding it to their side.
  6. Right click the "Underarm" earth icon and navigate to Entity > bone.
  7. Do this twice for the 'upperarm' and 'forearm'. (if your helmet is on the right side, make the bones 'right upperarm' etc. if it's on the left then do 'left upperarm' etc..)
  8. Rotate and move these bones until your character looks to be 'holding' the helmet at their side.
  9. Right click the 'underarm' group and create an 'event'.
  10. Make this event the same as the one you used on your 'headswap' group. (the group which contains the model that you use as your human head)
  11. Make the same 'command' event that we used to toggle our helmet on and off.

1. 'Invert' or 'uninvert' this event so that the helmet does not appear under your arm while your helmet is still on your head.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That should now work, if it doesn't let me know and we can work 1-on-1 on the server. I recomend not using the command when you are holding a weapon or moving as your bones may look a little silly.

Hoped this helped at least :)

I have installed the pac3 addon and started using it in singleplayer and looked up tutorials on how to use it but in the menu to select an item to put on the model their is nothing in the spot where i would find everything to use do you know how to fix or if i am just doing something wrong it?

Not many people manage to surprise me with over whelming effort. I'm impressed and glad that you are trying to help others with PAC 3.

• Like 1

I have created a public poll on the main thread post, place your vote on what you're most interested in learning about or having trouble with. In a weeks time I will begin creating guides in the order of the most votes to the least.

• Like 1

[quote name='Ajax']I’d be interesting in knowing how people take bodygroups from one model, to put them on another?[/QUOTE] I know I'm currently banned but if I can help somewhere I'd figure it would be in PAC. To take bodygroups from one model to then place it on another you first need to find 2 things. 1 the model with the bodygroup and 2 the model you want to put the bodygroup on it. Once you do that make 2 groups and make 1 including the model with the bodygroup the 2nd group the model you're using for it, Locate which bone the bodygroup would be on so for example if it was an antenna it would be on the head of if it was something on the arm it would either be on the upper arm or forearm, Once you do that go to bodygroups select the bodygroup and change it so that it appears, then set the whole model to 0.1. Then go to the 2nd model (the model you want the bodygroup to appear on) and select the bone which the bodygroup will be on and set it to 0.1 now you can go back to your first model select the same bone on the 1st model and set it to 10 and the bodygroup should appear although along with the arm from the other model. If you want ONLY the item from the bodygroup to appear then you have to create a sub-material for the arm and set it to "null" the bone will disappear leaving only the bodygroup then you can simply keep the 2nd model's (The model you're using) arm there making it look more realistic. Sorry for the rushed and sort of cramped tutorial @Ajax if you want I'll make a more in-depth one once I get home with images in the tutorial for visual assistance. Hoped it helped.

New guides coming soon, in the order that they were voted on last week's poll.

Would have gotten to it earlier but I have been busy with my new Commander role.

• Like 1

This isn't dead, keep your eyes peeled because i'm now working on shit that should have been done months ago. whoopsy!

Don't Wanna be a necro but would one of these posts be about making animations? I wanted to make something like my character repairing a ship or welding something and I couldn't figure it out to save my life

Don't Wanna be a necro but would one of these posts be about making animations? I wanted to make something like my character repairing a ship or welding something and I couldn't figure it out to save my life

Yea that was one of the top requested poll options. It's a help thread so it can't be necro'd.