Clone Wars Event Master Applicatio
Before applying for event master make sure you understand that you must agree with everything in this thread, These are the rules. Remember at gateway gaming we care for the players above all, Passion takes you further than anything else. You may ask players to post their opinions on your application. Begging for +1's will give you a negative reputation. To all players +1'ing remember your +1 must have context and a reason as to why you as giving your +1. Jokes are also not tolerated.
○You must be already active.
○You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as an admin you will get stressed, a lot.
○You will need to participate in events and in some circumstances, Do events. As well as sits.
○You must be 14 years or older, or very mature.
I am 20 years of age.
○You must understand that your rank can be taken from you at any time.
○You agree that you will participate in play on the server at least every other day for longer then an hour or two.
I understand. I am willing to do this, and currently do.
○You must understand that as a Trial or otherwise Junior EM, you will be restricted on what you will be allowed to do on word of Senior/High staff, and disrespect to this fact will have consequences.
○You must understand that you may not get Admin when applying
○You must always be aware of event slot times and be active for them
I understand. I am readily active for the 4:30, 6:30 events.
I live in New Zealand so the 8:30 events are hard for me to make especially working full time.
○You must remember that when you apply for event master that whilst this role may receive the Event Master ulx rank, it is not admin.
[GG] Gunnery Sergeant Nut
In game alias:
'Nut', or 'Teku'
75.67 hours. (As per Gametracker) I believe I do have more time on an alias account, but cannot remember the name of it unfortunately.
How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:
I intend to make this application as easy to read as possible, yet still consolidating my ideas for the reader.
I will break it down as follows:
I have a very creative mind, with fresh event ideas.
- I have a very role play slanted approach to my events.
- Each regiment on the server obviously has their own special traits and objectives.
- I intend to make events for everyone, whilst also incorporating special side missions/objectives for not just elite regiments such as ARC, RC's, ARF etc which I see all too often.
- To also incorporate objectives for our regular regiments such as 104th, 501st etc which I see underutilized currently.
- Providing these objectives for everyone makes the event more exciting rather than everyone corroborating on one main objective.
- I don't run my events that just turn into a shoot out fest with clankers with no valid role-play reason behind them.
-I consider myself an experienced event master, I have held substantive positions on a multitude of other G-MOD SWRP servers.
Have you participated in many of our Events?:
I originally joined GG back in 2018 if I am not mistaken, I have participated in many of your events, and hopefully I, one day - will be running my own events for the benefit of the community.
Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:
Yes, I am very familiar with GMOD's wide range of NPC tools.
For example, here are some that I am proficient in.
● NPC Controller
● NPC Follower
● NPC Health
● NPC Notarget
● NPC Proficiency
● NPC Relationships
● NPC Spawn Creator
● NPC Viewcam
● Advanced NPC Relationship Manager
● NPC Spawn Creator
● NPC Route Tool
Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:
- [Meteor/Asteroid] used with a tool gun, for adding cinematic explosions, and realistic like effects onto any frontier event. Used for adding ambiency, whilst also potentially being used to damage troopers/players if they are too close to a certain dangerous objective, EG: a Volcano, or an explosive substance.
- [NPC Spawner] - One of the most utilized tools in the tool gun module, by all event masters. Spawns NPC's of the EM's choice, such as B1 Droids, Super Battle Droids ETC. This tool is an EM's best friend.
- [Advanced Duplicator 2] - Another Tool Gun module, which allows the user to spawn/save/and duplicate previous builds that they themselves might have created, or other users dupes that they are fond of. This can be utilized for both events and training, for one duplication for events can be used to spawn structures immediately rather than waiting for hours for an EM to build a structure.
Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:
I've previously owned my own Gmod Dark RP server.
I understand how fragile Gmod is.
All staff members have to be incredibly careful with their actions in regards to entering ULX commands, spawning entities, and vehicles.
It could be the demise of the server, and it being down for the rest of the night if no one is on to get it back up.
Resulting in, unfortunately the community being flamed @ you for crashing the server.
Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your ULX rank outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:
- Using the !bring command, and teleportation someone to the exterior of the ship and killing them in the void
- Using the !jail command on a trooper without any reason. And leaving the trooper there.
- Using my phys-gun to drag and drop people into places where they don't want to go.
These situations seem obvious to me as cases as abuse, but I have seen it happen before. Unfortunately.
Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:
Yes, back when I was a Drill Sergeant under the command of Serbo - I was an avid role-player in many events.
I cannot quite remember the exact names of the characters I have played, but I remember once I was role-playing a doctor, and security related officials for a diplomatic mission.
On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?:
I would consider my lore knowledge to be at around a 8.0-8.5/10.
I currently have just started reading Star Wars related novels in which I intend to expand my Star Wars Universe Knowledge.
I am an avid watcher of the Star Wars Movies, and of course the Clone Wars.
Anything Star Wars related, I am keen to learn and always expand my knowledge on.
On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?:
Being a previous event master, and holding multiple staff positions on other servers, I would consider myself to be at a 9.0-9.5 rating for familiarization with ULX commands.
Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:
13/03/2020 - 6:30 AU. GG SWRP - One of the best Gmod SWRP events that I have been apart of in a long time. The map of Tatooine I believe, the EM running the event had a back story behind the event, making republic forces investigate, explore, and find clues to how a whole species of Jawas and Tusken Raiders had been mysteriously executed on the planet.
A mysterious 'goo' had infected the species, which was carefully transported and captured with the help of the 13th ION Company.
I was really inspired by this, as it built character, and feeling behind the event instead of just heading in straight to battle and shooting at clankers with no really valid reason. I intend to base my events with back story, meaning and more of a roleplay slant to them.
Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?:
Of course I understand that, I understand the struggle - but hey event masters are supposed to adapt, learn and overcome to make the best out of any situation regardless of what happens.
How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?:
I am a mature individual, I can confidently role-play an advisory, general, captains position.
I can give clear judgement and guidance to troopers over open air mic
1. An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?
Role-play it. General Grevious is an elusive creature - I would broadcast over the PA system as an advisory personnel that General Grevious has slipped into the elevator shaft and is currently escaping up the hatch.
Have security position themselves in defensive positions on all exits of the elevator shaft.
Again - Role-play it - Have Grevious exit the elevator shaft with the assistance of the EM team , straight into the awaiting security defensive positions.
I would not see this as a roadblock as such players laughing at me. I don't get flustered easy.
2. A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?
To give you an honest answer, I goto them in game and sit them down - to understand the underlying reason as to why they are bad mouthing my events. There's most likely often a reason why players are bad mouthing events. I want to be the best event master I can be, so I'd ask them the following questions -
- How can I improve?
- What would you like to see me do differently next time?
- Why are you not enjoying the event?
If it is just a case of the player not liking the event because a roleplay situation didn't go their way, then unfortunately I will have to explain to them that there is not much I can do for them.
I would further explain that SWRP role-play is a very dynamic environment that has a lot of factors that contribute to the role-playing decisions that other players/event masters make. I would explain this in the most diplomatically way possible to ensure that an argument is not created.
Failing this, and if the player continues to flame/disrespect myself in chat/forums I would involve a member of the staff team to try and work the issue out.
I'm not really interested in getting the player 'warned' as such for disrespect if there is a valid reason as to why the player is complaining.
Ill take that on the chin lads. And move forward with it.
3. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?
This wouldn't happen with me. If I am on to run an event, I am on the whole time until the final debrief.
There is no excuse - I should've had better time management if this did happen.
But it wont be the case for me.
4. Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?
I have run many Star Wars events before on other servers, so I understand the lag and the frustration it causes event masters and the community.
I would immediately look at the amount of NPC's, and related entities spawned on the map by myself or others.
NPC's and related entities are most commonly the main reasons that contribute to lag (apart from a DDOS attack. Ha.)
If the lag is being caused due to this over spawning I would periodically press 'Z' on my keyboard, to ensure that the lag is decreased gently.
If other event masters were helping me with the spawning of NPC's, I would already be in a discord with them - I would communicate with them to do the same thing. To stop what they are doing, and decrease the lag so the community can get back to normal PING.
I consider myself experienced enough to not let this happen in the first place.....
To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.
Please, have a look at my event design. I have created a google doc for it for ease of reading.