Give Your Event Ideas

Discussion in 'Event Suggestions' started by [GG]Shark, Sep 21, 2018.

1. [GG]Shark

[GG]Shark Junior Event Master
    Junior Event Master Donator

So I know plenty of people have an event idea or part of an idea.
    Essentially I want you to approach me in-game, talk to me on TS or comment on this post event ideas you want to see in the future.
    I want to incorporate what people want to play into my events and use your ideas to better your Gateway Gaming experience.

• what the juice what the juice x 1
    • YEET YEET x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Cents

Cents Member

hmmm maybe an event where you launch an aerial assault, split up the main force into two, designate them different objectives at different locations, and ultimately set up fobs at each location (this can give regiments an opportunity to work and co-ordinate with other regiments).

-After a foothold is established, the em can separate the two groups from each other (by maybe putting a heavy droid blockade + communication jamming or something that would prevent the two groups from meeting e.g constant attack at fobs means that there will be no one to send from each fob) (this interference can be passive, giving the two groups free time while the em sets up for the second event).

- In the second event, the groups would attempt to establish comms with each other, and when they do reach each other, they can co-ordinate and make a plan for action e.g attacking a droid fob, killing the hive queen (which would be the final objective and evac will be provided).

note:
    -The em can treat this as a botched attack, the two laats crash at separate places, with comms jammed, forcing two groups to establish defences.
    - also it will be hard for the em to multitask with the two groups, so simple objectives should be given or objectives that would require a lot of time, so that the em wouldn't be overwhelmed with many tasks.

3. Magnus

Magnus Forum Addict
    Donator

1. get more ems

2. make dupes that go in large skyboxes like gm_range and do stuff like Aussie did.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

I feel that I should point out the sad truth that jammed comms events dont work the way they should, with this community at least. If players were able to carry out their own objectives and continue to roleplay and take part in an event without EM direction-- then yes, it would work. It's been tried in the past, and unfortunately the majority of the players are incapable of taking part in an event without Event Master direction, even if for a short while.

Good on paper, not so much in action, not at the moment anyhow.

5. Mikey

Mikey Member
    Donator

What about the idea of having to choose between two events that have different pros and cons.

Eg: Choose to aid General Kenobi with helping to defend an allying planet from possible CIS invasion which would ruin our supply runs, or... Choose to aid General Skywalker with attacking a fractured CIS base that, if successful, will leave a particular part of the CIS crippled and open for a direct assault to turn the tides of the war.

The twist would be we are the only venator in range for either of these and can only do one, leaving the community to decide which mission is more important and which one needs the extra support more.

(Opens a route for community to decide what they wish to do as well as leave open space of consequences if they choose wrongly)

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member
    Donator "Map Developer"

lets do more passive events aye

7. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

My main suggestion is to make events that have a storyline which the troopers don't need to care or worry about. The only reason the storyline exists is for your own amusement and so you can continue battles with a theme.

For example with my EM backup character we've encountered a BIG muni that we will see again and when we do then I shouldn't have to explain we've seen it before its just a big fucking Muni that does more damage.

There have been a lot of events which involve a bunch of made up lore and storylines but people are strangely expected to know what's going on.

I wanna start seeing less chaotic rp and more focused stuff which means speaking with the players more, I'm glad to see you're making that effort.

Good work Gary

8. Andy

Andy Active Member
    Donator

Yes, good job Gary!

9. [GG]Shark

He got close enough

10. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

ooft

• Quality Post Quality Post x 2
    • YEET YEET x 1
  11. Xocist

Xocist Moderator
    Moderator Donator

i DONT like killing droids/trandos three times a day :(

mayb more epic passive and RP focused event 8)

12. [GG]Shark

Not gonna lie, I'd love to do more passive RP events. Just usually the general playerbase will be confused as to whats going on as they aren't in the RP situation themselves. Granted if you have enough ECs to compensate that may not be an issue but having heaps of ECs can be a tad cancer. Regular dudes as well can get bored relatively quickly considering most people get on to shoot stuff.

Good on paper, I'd want to do it. But considering the general populace don't really enjoy RP they won't be done often.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ender

Ender Junior Event Master
    Junior Event Master

i have an idea, i would like to chat in game if possible tho. . .

14. Beatroot

Beatroot Junior Event Master
    Junior Event Master Moderator

A classic push and shoot everything whilst holding on to your jocks and screaming.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Haz

Haz Member
    Donator

all events must be improv

• Agree Agree x 2
    • YEET YEET x 1
  16. Dust

Dust Senior Admin
    Senior Admin Community Benefactor

More passive RP events, it may take a while to find a good groove for them but some maps are really good for it and others not so much, of course if you are doing passive RP events it doesn't hurt to slam a bunch of enemy NPC's for other players who just want to shoot stuff, just an idea

17. Schmiloff

Schmiloff Active Member
    Donator

Phone a friend: ;)

• Quality Post Quality Post x 1