Draa's CRC Application

Discussion in 'Community Representative Applications' started by [GG]Shark, Jul 10, 2018.

1. [GG]Shark

[GG]Shark Member

In game name:

Lieutenant Autumn

Sub Officer Winters

Teamspeak Name:

Draa

How long have you been a part of Gateway?:

Since late 2016

Why do you wish to be a part of the CRC?:

I would love to be apart of CRC due to my wanting to help support my community. I want to ensure everybody on the in the community is getting what they want out of the server. I also believe that I can help by expressing my views, opinions and listen to other peoples during the CRC meetings.

What sets you apart from other candidates?:

I believe i’m not better than anybody else who would want to be CRC. CRC is meant to be about expressing the ideas of the community and somebody can’t physically do that better than somebody else. Everybody who does want to be CRC all have the same goal in mind, to better the Gateway community can I believe we can all equally perform the task of representing what the server wants.

Do you feel that you are capable of having mature, respectful conversations with those who may completely disagree with your opinion?:

Yes, I believe I can uphold a mature and respectful conversation with somebody who disagrees with me, if both parties are mutually respectful towards each other I see no reason for myself or others to be hostile in any given scenario of discussing a topic.

How will you represent the players?:

Being a non staff player myself for a long time, I believe I can represent what the regular average player wants from the community. By playing more on the server I can become more in touch with the current wants of the community.

#1 [GG]Shark, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. Ajax

Ajax Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Fixing the colouring would be alright aye

3. Haz

Haz Event Master
    Event Master Donator

+1

Draa’s a great bloke, he is mature and he RPs well. I believe you will benefit the current CRC Team.

4. Flanks

Flanks Moderator
    Moderator Donator

+1

If he does what he says he will, I don't see why not. He's mature and often talks to people outside of his friend zone.

5. NiceGary

NiceGary Event Master
    Event Master

+1
    I know you have lot of great idea's to bring forward, youd make a great member of CRC.

6. [GG]Shark

[GG]Shark Member

Yeah I realised my choice of colour was pretty horrible, fixed it.

7. StormLily

StormLily Member

+1
    Hes got good ideas that he wants to express to the CRC team and would be a good add to the team <3

8. Omo

Omo Event Master
    Event Master Donator Map Developer

Neutral - I'm leaving Neutral on this for a few reasons actually.

The application is alright, but nothing sticks out at all, the answers are all plain, bland and sort of just look recycled from other applications, I'd like to see something that you believe in and put your personal touch on.

I also have some questions to ask you, because I think they are important in you considering your CRC position and why you are a better fit than someone else. Also, you must somewhat believe you're a better fit than most people for CRC, because you applied, saying you're not better than anyone is a sly attempt at an easy answer. So, some of the questions I have to ask you are.

Why are you better than other applicants? An actual reason, because if you're no better than the next guy, why should you be CRC?

How can you bring people's points and the community's interests forward, even before your own?

What are some points you think you can bring forward in order to help the community? Becoming CRC, people don't just throw ideas at you, you need to know them.

Do you think it's a good idea you joining CRC considering the people on CRC are some of your friends, including Gary and Storm? When replying to this answer, think about the fact that CRC is meant to be from ALL corners of the community and not from a group with a singular mindset.

Apart from that, good luck, my opinion is subject to change.

9. [GG]Shark

[GG]Shark Member

Alright, I do understand your viewpoint and yes it does make sense, some of my responses are bland and seemingly unoriginal. However to be honest I couldn't exactly seemingly find a way to express myself and add a 'personal touch' within a short application. Honestly though I don't believe I'm better than anybody else at representing a community considering somebody can't exactly do that better than somebody else. With some of the members being from my 'group', I don't entirely find this as an issue. Considering we ourselves disagree on subjects within the community. I also am trying to expand the amount people I currently communicate with within the community as to solve the issue of being from a singular group. From expanding said group I believe I can express opinions from a wider range of people which will result in getting more ideas across. Personally I don't mind putting others interests before mine, I've raised points to others on behalf of others on many occasions. But to set it clear, you can represent to community better than somebody else, if somebody else wants to apply for CRC best of luck to them.

• Agree Agree x 1